Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Paladins & code of honour
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  19:34:53  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings fellow scribes and sages,

Because one of the players of the campaign where I play Boddynock is pregnant (and her husband is another player ) we have to quit the campaign for a time. For that reason we are going to play a mini campaign where I will be Indû, a young paladin of Torm. I was wondering if you guys know cool codes of honour for a paladin of Torm. Vows he made etc :)

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  20:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean vows aside from the standard code all paladins are supposed to follow?

I think the easiest way to answer that would be to come up with vows that are most appropriate for the character. And no one knows your character better than YOU do.

So, why not go with what you think makes the most sense?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  20:22:00  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, my books are packed up do to a move, but do to the actions of his clerics during the Time of Troubles he made three more vows.

One: To fight evil clerics of Bane, Cyric and the such.
Two: Promote goodly faiths even if they are not lawful like Mystra
and Tymora.
Three: To report and eliminate Dead/Wild magic zones.

That is off the top of my memories.

Does that help?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  20:58:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the first few pages of the Forgotten Realms Adventures hardcover, there's a knightly code which could form a good basis for a code of honor. And if you have access to Faiths & Avatars, you can read Torm's dogma and the duties of his priesthood; these will also be helpful.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2007 :  21:01:20  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boddynock

Greetings fellow scribes and sages,

Because one of the players of the campaign where I play Boddynock is pregnant (and her husband is another player ) we have to quit the campaign for a time. For that reason we are going to play a mini campaign where I will be Indû, a young paladin of Torm. I was wondering if you guys know cool codes of honour for a paladin of Torm. Vows he made etc :)

I would check the Ed log. It seems like he addressed some of this.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  20:20:06  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Specifically pertaining to Torm? Sadly, no. But if you have access to The Complete Paladin's Handbook, you might find some of the Virtues and things like that useful.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000