Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  08:18:01  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will have to delay my suggestions for a few hours, I just got another project at work.

Anyway I made a few suggestions in the previous posts, but I have more. I'll post them when I get time.

Great work again Bookwyrm.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  08:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^_^ Yay! I get my wares displayed in the famous Candlekeep gift shop!

(Heh. I've had this idea of Sage behind a counter with t-shirts that say I <3 Candlekeep!)

quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

After all it is your campaign, if you want them at this power, that's your choice.

Um . . . what made you think I was running a campaign? I'm still trying to figure out how to play! I just created these for fun. You know, get an idea, write, and then send it off. I like doing that sort of thing. Especially if someone wants to use it.

[Bookwyrm sits back and waits for the offers to come in . . . and waits . . . and waits . . . . ]

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  09:06:56  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Very amusing.

Sorry about mistaking the campaign bit. It's just a natural assumption that most fan-created material gets used in home campaigns.

It's a shame you live so far away. In my current area, we are sorely lacking imaginative magical item creators.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  09:23:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's a shame you live so far away. In my current area, we are sorely lacking imaginative magical item creators.

Well, if you want a tip, I'll tell you how I started with some of my items. The Tome was a (large, as you can see) outgrowth of the idea of what a knowledge-boosting item would be like. The force whip I just thought was a cool idea.

The sword I sent you last night, the Cobra's Fang dagger, another item I'm working on (soon to come) and my 'bracers of attack and defence' all started as "hey, this would look cool" thoughts. Then I just thought of magical powers that would be a reflection of that image.

Well, the bracers were from a non-D&D story. They were the only ones I've given out on here that weren't originally made for here. I've got some more coming, though, that are from the same story. (I seem to really be cannibalizing this story! I've even given a character of mine, an elven ranger, to Sadon for a story. He's now a vampire. Heh.)

And if you want, you can just email me requests too. (Same for anyone else here.) I can't promise anything concrete, but I will give it a try.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  09:31:41  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm said -
quote:
...all started as "hey, this would look cool" thoughts...
That's an interesting technique Bookwyrm. And the best one that I can think of. Nothing beats getting a real imaginative idea for a item and then running with it, seeing what bizarre and curious additions you can come up with.

You also said -
quote:
And if you want, you can just email me requests too. (Same for anyone else here.) I can't promise anything concrete, but I will give it a try.
Another great idea.

I think I may have to change the name of the shop to The Sage of Perth and Bookwyrm Pendraconis's Magic Shop.

What do you think?.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  10:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about just "The Shop of the Sages" or something?

Actually, just forget it. I don't mind the current name.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  12:30:49  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you sure?

I am willing to make the changes if you would like.

It seems only appropriate since you are a contributor to the fine wares for sale in the Shop.

That name is great although I would suggest just a slight alteration, I think "The Magic Shop of the Sages", sounds more appropriate, don't you think.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  12:39:56  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In another thread I mentioned I was looking for one of my notebooks.

While I was searching I uncovered this little near-forgotten gem, underneath a pile of old and dusty tomes about philosophy, or some such discipline -

Charismatic Friend

Market Price: 2,450 gp
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armour
Damage: 1d4+2
Critical: 19-20/x2
Special:
This dagger is crafted from pure adamantine and as such makes it +2, in addition this gives the dagger a +1 deflection bonus to wielders AC and a +2 enhancement bonus to wielders charisma attribute.

WOW, this is indeed an old find.

What do you think...

Edited by - The Sage on 20 May 2003 14:50:00
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  12:40:57  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More items on the way.

They should arrive by mid-to-end-week.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  13:17:25  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you can do what ever you want to your shop. I don't care one way or the other.

Oh, and a cleric of Kelemvor asked me to pass along a certain item to you. Seems he heard about your shop and thought that you'd be a good way to spred knowledge of this new weapon his church is making.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  13:33:07  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds great.

Send it along, the more the merrier!

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  13:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was already sent when I wrote that! I sent it over the Interplanar E-Mail service (E for Ethereal, of course).

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:38:05  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Bookwyrm,

I was talking to someone here when I posted that, so I didn't entirely realise what I was saying.

But I've got all the new stuff you've sent, I'll comment on it when I get a chance to have a better look at it.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:39:24  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way,

What did you think of the new dagger I just posted, Bookwyrm.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:44:46  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

By the way,

What did you think of the new dagger I just posted, Bookwyrm.

Well . . . I never thought of a dagger giving an increase to a charisma score. Other than that, the only thing that pops out at me is the price. It's a lot more expensive than my Cobra's Fang!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:49:00  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHOOPS!!!

Thanks for pointing that out. The nasty typo-demon must have visited me while I was typing the entry out, temporarily taking telepathic control of me and causing me to mistype the cost.

The actual market cost should read 2,450 gp.

Thanks Bookwyrm.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:51:10  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have now made the appropriate changes to the market price of the dagger Charismatic Friend

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:45:10  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
do they come in trucks or what? There are so many items coming everyday!
thats great anyway, i will send here some of mine i find funny. -u know how much i like funny things, especially magic items -
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah! Finally. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to come in. Though I noticed Alaundo window-shopping earlier. I wonder what he thought of the Tome of Candlekeep?

Eilinel, what did you think was funny? And do you have any requests? Creating a 'funny' item would be an interesting challenge . . . .

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:58:21  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i will show u an item called wand of distorsion...(and come the suspense...)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  06:41:16  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent, another customer.

It always pleases me when another adventurer comes through the door looking for that particular magical item.

Anyway eilinel said -
quote:
do they come in trucks or what? There are so many items coming everyday!
thats great anyway, i will send here some of mine i find funny. -u know how much i like funny things, especially magic items
Actually they come by horse-driven caravan, or in the case of Bookwyrm, by Interplanar E-Mail, as he said before.

Now onto the next issue -

As head-proprietor of the Magic Shop I would be delighted to display some of your more humorous wares on a shelf somewhere. Just place it here in the shop, and if you need any help working particular details about the item out, or issues of balancing need to be addressed I'll be glad to assist.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  06:47:48  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I have received some emails from people outside of Candlekeep who, as guests are regular visitors to the Shop. They have put in several requests for special rings and minor magical items such as wands and the like (eilinel).

I will be trying to contribute several items for this request soon, but I also wanted to ask those of you who are regular Candlekeep residents, and who frequently visit the shop to perhaps contribute some items of your own.

I am simply ecstatic that news of my humble little shop has reached outside of the halls of Candlekeep.

Joy!!!

Go to Top of Page

Leona
Seeker

38 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are my contribution to the shop.

Soul Reaver
+5 chaotic evil sentient greatsword
Damage:2d6 crit 17-20
Int: 12
Special: keen, extra 1d6 damage vs lawful or good, slay DC 15 vs lawful good, Level Drain DC 12. User alignment will change to CE over time.

When Cyric lost his portfolio of the dead to Kelemvor after the debacle of the Cyrinishad, a small amount of his divine essence split and mingled with the shattered remains of the sword Godsbane, the avatar form of Mask. The resulting mixture of power took material form, shaping itself into the sentient blade known as Soul Reaver. Ever since the destruction of Zhentil Keep, it has known many owners, some good, some utterly evil but all driven insane by the sword's thirst and hunger for souls.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:29:30  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is great work Leona, simply a remarkable magical weapon. May I ask about how you came up with the design, it seems interesting.

Also I am curious as to what you think of the other items on display already in the shop?.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:32:31  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leona, the only reason I asked about what you thought was because I like feedback from the people who visit the shop. Maybe you have some requests, or suggestions, or maybe information is your trade. What ever it is, the Sage of Perth's Magic Shop is here to assist.

Simply leave your request at the front desk, and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000