Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  02:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I'm not touching that one with a ten-foot pole-half the stuff you're asking for isn't in the rules. Take it up with your DM-it'll definitely be epic, though.

I'm thinking more along the lines of an Artifact for that one.

Still not touching it. It screams munchkin.

Edited by - Arivia on 29 Oct 2005 02:52:31
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  13:00:52  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oww. Oh well, I knew I was in trouble with that one.

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  13:51:33  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Khaa

Oww. Oh well, I knew I was in trouble with that one.

Considering what you are asking for as far as armor goes, I would instead craft a ring, amulet to provide benefits desired. I am not about to price it out either but suspect it would be in range of +20 in enhancements (Need Epic craft feat to make) and would cost a very large amount to craft in both treasure and experience points. *Grin*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  14:22:49  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an item request if anybody can help me out a little, game mechanically...

I play an extremely quirky Cleric/Techsmith of Gond with all item creation feats. Right now I'm trying to think of a way I can make him a cannon/flamethrower type weapon. There is an evoker in the group that would gladly supply the spells for creation purposes.

So, for the concept, it simple, he wants some sort of cannon. I just don't know the best way to go about it. Should it shoot gargantuan sling bullets? Or could I craft an item that shoots scorching rays?

I was going to make it like a wand of scorching rays but as a cleric he couldn't use it. How can I get around this...

Any help will be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  14:40:44  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can craft something simalar to a Ring of Shooting Stars, just use different spells. A ring is useable by any one.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  15:06:13  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nevermind, I was going to ask about the ring of shooting stars but I checked the SRD. Thanks.

Edited by - Chosen of Bane on 31 Oct 2005 15:08:48
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  14:17:41  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently cheked out the Ironstar clan in another Forum and got some very usefull answers. But didn't the use some special alloy? Does anybody know the magical attributes?

(I hope, I didn't got confused and they only made a bunch of good magic items )

Thank yee.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  22:45:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matthus

I recently cheked out the Ironstar clan in another Forum and got some very usefull answers. But didn't the use some special alloy? Does anybody know the magical attributes?

Thank yee.

I don't recall any mention of special alloys used by the Ironstar dwarves, but Volo's Guide to All Things Magical is a wonderful resource for the magical properties of various materials, including various woods and types of stone, metal, or gemstone. It's available for free on the Wizards downloads page.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  22:48:00  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Thank yee.

I don't recall any mention of special alloys used by the Ironstar dwarves, but Volo's Guide to All Things Magical is a wonderful resource for the magical properties of various materials, including various woods and types of stone, metal, or gemstone. It's available for free on the Wizards downloads page.

I think they had a tendacy to use Darksteel, but not entire sure.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  00:09:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank yee.

You're right. According to page 56 of the above-mentioned tome, the Ironstar dwarves used darksteel. This material is described on that page. I'd copy that info and paste it here, but since it's a free download and the book has so much useful material, I'll let everyone check it out for themselves.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  00:41:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank yee.

You're right. According to page 56 of the above-mentioned tome, the Ironstar dwarves used darksteel. This material is described on that page. I'd copy that info and paste it here, but since it's a free download and the book has so much useful material, I'll let everyone check it out for themselves.

And Dwarves Deep also lists darksteel as another alloy used by dwarves. The added fact that it's make-up is (or rather was) a secret known only to the Ironstar dwarves likely gave them plenty of leverage in the forging of new weapons and/or other items.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  10:59:11  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The powerful and evil weapon of the dead god Iyachtu Xvim.

Scimitar of Souls (Major Artifact): The favored weapon of Iyachtu Xvim, this immensely evil weapon is a black-bladed +3 Axiomatic Unholy Large Scimitar. In addition to its Axiomatic and Unholy abilities, this scimitar has several other abilities.
Lifestealing, with each strike of this scimitar, the victim gains two negative levels. One day after being struck, subject must make a DC 24 Fortitude save for each negative level or lose a character level.
Undead Destruction, with each strike, any non-divine undead being struck, must make a DC 24 Will save or be destroyed.
Shatter Barriers, with each strike upon a magical barrier, the barrier has a chance of being destroyed as if by a Dispel Magic with a +20 caster check. This ability affects barriers normally unaffected by Dispel Magic, such as Prismatic Walls or Prismatic Spheres. The wielder suffers no harmful effects of a magical barrier when the scimitar is being employed to destroy it, however layered barriers such as a Prismatic Wall requires a strike for each layer to be destroyed.
The Scimitar of Souls is considered an Epic weapon for bypassing Damage Reduction.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber, based on material from Faiths & Avatars, and FA1 Halls of the High King.
Caster level: 20th.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  17:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, it may have taken some time for me to get around to this but here's an item for you.

'A Flurry of Scars'

‘Slit’ and ‘Slice’, are a pair of +1 speed initiative daggers, collectively known as 'A Flurry of Scars' for the phenomenal speed with which they can be wielded, striking so fast that opponents often never get a chance to retaliate. Of Coramshite origin, they were never actually employed by their intended bearer, an upstart son of a pasha. They were stolen by a servant who used them to quickly clear his path to escape, which he duly did after trading them for passage far to the north. The servant, whose name goes unrecorded, was caught but what became of the daggers is unknown. They were discovered buried in the Wood of Sharp Teeth by a drow assassin, several millennia later. The drow met his end at the hands of the current owner of the blades, Tulia Forhush, in the sewers of Baldur’s Gate, after she had extracted the secrets of the daggers from him. Cost 140,604 gp.

Note: When my brain starts functioning again I'll add CL and necessary spells.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.

Edited by - Reefy on 25 Nov 2005 17:51:15
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  17:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seadog’s Mate

A favourite weapon of many a sailor and pirate lucky enough to own a magical blade, this +1 cutlass also grants the wielder a +5 bonus to balance checks. They have been popular up and down the Sword Coast ever since the Year of the Morningstar (1350 DR) when Captain Yacklin Whalestout bested the notorious smuggler ‘Tarblack’ Tarous in single combat aboard his own ship during a raging storm. Whalestout was able to land the decisive strokes, his blade giving him the edge while the ship pitched violently in the rolling sea. Cost 2,815 gp.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  08:47:01  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two very powerful magic items used by the Archmage of Ched Nasad.

Robe of the Archmage of Ched Nasad: This black spidersilk robe is embroidered with mithral thread in a spiderweb design. It provides a +8 armor bonus, a +5 resistance bonus on all saving throws and a +6 enhancement bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom. Magic Missiles striking the wearer are automatically negated, just as if they had impacted a target protected by a Shield spell.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber.
Strong Abjuration, Conjuration, Transmutation; CL 16th; Craft Wondrous Item, Fox’s Cunning, Mage Armor, Owl’s Wisdom, Resistance, Shield, Creator must be a Drow; Price 241,500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Staff of the Abyss:
This +5 anarchic unholy cold iron staff radiates great power evil power, it has heavily engraved with images of demons its entire length. The staff of the abyss has the following powers:
• Summon a Vrock, once a day.
• Corrupt Fireball (10d6 damage, Reflex DC 17 half) (1 charge)
• Corrupt Lightning Bolt (10d6 damage, Reflex DC 17 half) (1 charge)
Protection from Good (1 charge)
Protection from Law (1 charge)
• Corrupt Cone of Cold (15d6 damage, Reflex DC 19 half) (2 charges)
• Corrupt Delayed Blast Fireball (15d6 damage, Reflex DC 21 half) (2 charges)
Once all the charges are expended the staff will continue to function as a magical weapon with the ability to summon a Vrock once per day.
Strong Abjuration, Conjuration, Evocation; CL 20th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Staff, Corrupt Spell, Chaos Hammer, Cone of Cold, Delayed Blast Fireball, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Protection from Good, Protection from Law, Summon Monster VIII, Unholy Blight, Creator must be Chaotic Evil; Price 306,275 gp.

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2005 :  06:06:52  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A powerful and potent magical item owned by Matron Shyntlara Auvryndar, Matron Mother of House Auvryndar. A powerful vampire priestess in ther service of Lolth.

Ring of the Beast: This ring grants an enhancement bonus of +5 to the wearer’s natural armor bonus and an enhancement bonus of +5 on attack and damage rolls with unarmed attacks and natural weapons.
Strong Evocation and Transmutation; CL 15th; Forge Ring, Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang; Price 225,000 gp.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2006 :  04:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Garund
+6 adamantine keen lightning blast greataxe
Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 18, AL LG, CL 29, Ego 27
Speech (common, elf, dwarf, orc), 100' telepathy, darkvision, hearing, blindsense
Lesser Powers
Sense Motive +10
Diplomacy +10
Divine Favor 3/day
Greater Powers
Extra Smiting feat
Magic Circle vs. Evil active when grasped by the hilt

Garund's blade resembles the unfurled wing of a great bronze dragon, with only a single, massive blade on one side. When wielded, the axe's head crackles faintly with electrical energy, and the edge of the great winged blade glows blue-white, shedding light like a sunrod. The entire axe is forged of dark-gray adamantine, and the handle is wrapped in brown leather.

Forged by Harthor (advanced female great wyrm bronze dragon ascendant 3), this axe is imbued with the spirit of Garund Yusseltassar, paladin of Lathander. After sacrificing his life to release Harthor from a sword she was bound within, he now serves his dragon lord within the axe bearing his name.

Garund was bequeathed to the barbarian lord Rusk (one of my player's PCs, barbarian 13/fighter 6/champion of Gwynharwyf 8) for his role in finding Harthor, returning the sword willingly to Garund, and setting into motion events that would free the mighty wyrm from the blade. Rusk wields Garund proudly, as in life, Garund was at one time one of Rusk's most trusted cohorts.

For more information on Harthor, go to page 27.

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=893&whichpage=27

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Crust on 02 Jan 2006 21:07:46
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  16:03:48  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Hins Stand: For those of you who hated the cleansing of the shire.

This +1 Keen sure striking horn blade long spear has a shaft six feet long of blackest dark wood inlayed with bone white runes which were lovingly crafted from the bleached antlers of a large forest stage. The head of the spear resembles nothing so much as a long curved leaf of beaten silver, and is constructed of adamantine and inlayed with silver and mother of pearl. The cross bar is one foot wide and is set two feet down on the shaft of the spear and is constructed of adamantine and inscribed with a single Halfling word Stand. The spear sheds a bright blue white light at all times. A sharp eyed smith will tell you true that the tip of the spear was forged in a single sand casting and that the edge of the blade was folded sharp over many months upon an anvil that rang true. If asked the price of such a thing that same smith will wink and his eyes will begin to gleam. CL 10 Prerequisites: Craft magical arms and armor, keen edge, greater magic weapon, shrink item Market Price +4 bonus.Cost 32,395Damage 1D8+1* Critical Hit 19-20 X3 Weight 4.5 Size Medium Type Piercing.
* This is a reach weapon that does double damage when set against a charge the cross bar indicates that at one time this weapon was intended as a bore spear.
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  17:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

The armor of the twilights call: Something for the year of risen Elfkin.

This +1 mitheral Elvin twilight, shadow, silent moves chain mail is unique armor and was awarded to a war wizard of cromyer by the Elvin court for services to the crown. This extremely light Elvin chain is constructed of mitherale links. Indeed the links are so finely crafted as to make them near transparent and semi- incorporeal when dawned. This attention to detail has wrought an armor of a near weightless quality which has little or no effect on spell casting and allows the wearer the freedom to move about silently and the flexibility to hide in any location. The armors color is that of a many hued sunset. CL5 Faint Abjuration Craft magical arms and armor, invisablity,silence. Market price +3 bonus 15,695gp Armor Bonus :6 Max Dex Bonus 4 Armor Check -1 Spell Failure 10% Speed 30ft Weight 20lbs Type Light. +5 circumstance bonus to hide and move silently checks. Note for a descrption of the twlight armor quality see book of exalted deeds pg 112.
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  18:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

The Sidhes Bane: Beware fairies in the wood do not feed. From a sign posted at the edge of the high forest by an unknown traveler.

This +1 cold iron dagger is inlayed with many arcane ruins etched upon the blade deeply in true silver blessed by a cleric of Selune. The ruins shed a bright white light at all times. When thrown this dagger returns to the wielders hand after striking its target.
CL7 Moderate transmutation Prerequisites: Craft magical arms and armor, telekinesis Market price +1 bonus 11,304gp Damage 1D4+1 19-20 x2 Range 10ft, Size medium, Weight 1lbs, Type Slashing Piercing.
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  13:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

Ring of Owls Sight

This ring is crafted of white silver inlayed in sunstone and confers upon the wearer sight similar to that of a night hunting owl or a sharp eyed elf.CL1 Faint Transmutation, Forge Ring, Low Light Vision, Cost 2300gp.
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  13:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ring of the Burning Man

These rings are always crafted of white gold and set with sunstone anyone wearing this ring emanates fire in a five foot radius around themselves doing 5d4 damage to anyone entering there square. Each ring is activated and deactivated using a magic phrase which is not inscribed upon the ring. These rings are only found in the possession of elite paladins of the morning lord.CL12 Transmutation Fire, Forge Ring, Body of the Sun, Cost 48,000gp
Go to Top of Page

Scot Storm
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2006 :  06:27:39  Show Profile  Visit Scot Storm's Homepage Send Scot Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow scribes and great ones,
I wanted to talk about the ring of three wishes. How far is to far for the Dungeon Master to grant the wish of the bearer. It says nothing in the Dungeons Masters Guide about this. I get the feeling that I personally would limit the bearer to unforseen disasters such as interuption, to far out and unrealistic. What do you think?
Storm
Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  21:00:05  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Forged by Harthor (advanced female great wyrm bronze dragon ascendant 3), this axe is imbued with the spirit of Garund Yusseltassar, paladin of Lathander. After sacrificing his life to release Harthor from a sword she was bound within, he now serves his dragon lord within the axe bearing his name.

Um, this has got to be a first, a dragon forging a weapon with the soul of a Paladin in it, instead of the otehr way around??
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  23:44:29  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there more magical items that are going to be posted soon?

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2006 :  01:19:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Possibly.

I keep saying I'm going to finally update this with my own after nearly two years... but it just never seems to shift from my heavily entrenched "To-Do Pile" .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2006 :  02:02:09  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A wandering mage by the name Illum would like to steal more magical items from this vast tomb! I want my DM to check out some of this stuff..... In the hopes that I will be rewarded with magical items later on.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Patrakis
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2006 :  17:36:50  Show Profile Send Patrakis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know why but for some reason, it's the first time i come by this thread. Is the posting of magical items restricted to a few scribes or is it open to all. I was just wondering in case i get the urge to share a few of the items i created over the years.

Thanks for any response.

Pat

Dancing is like standing still, but faster.
My site: http://www.patoumonde.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2006 :  18:26:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless I am mistaken, it is open to all.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2006 :  18:43:22  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patrakis

I don't know why but for some reason, it's the first time i come by this thread. Is the posting of magical items restricted to a few scribes or is it open to all. I was just wondering in case i get the urge to share a few of the items i created over the years.

Thanks for any response.

Pat

Well met

The Wooly one is correct. Any may post herein, and thy item may be selected to enter the Magic Shop pages on the site proper.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic