Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Poster most recent posts.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  22:39:14  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This has bothered me some in the past as in most "Recent Topics" reported in a profile of a poster will indicate scrolls posted to weeks or months ago. I considered that a bug of minor porportions. However I have recently, as have others, posted to a scroll that was started over two months ago "Will Eilistraee's worship increase? **Spoilers**" that my profile indicates I have not posted to recently. Nor has Grandmaster Kane , Sian or Ardashir all of which have posted this day.

I suspect the coding is such that old scroll are not considered countable for "Recent Topics" because of the age they are started. Perhaps this can be adjusted as an old scroll clearly became very active and it might better reflect the posters most recent interest. Of course it might require a lot more work then justified as I am uncertain how many even look at their own profile, let alone that of others.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  23:06:26  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Hmmmm, i'm not entirely sure why these scrolls aren't counted in your profile listing, Kentinal. It is indeed an irritation and i'll have a dig around in the code to see if there is a reason behind this. The start date of the scroll shouldn't come into affect at all

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  01:50:50  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a CK2 request related to this point. It seems to me that CK used to indicate (in the Member Info screen) a member's most recent post by scroll name and post date, but it apparently no longer does that (if it ever did; maybe I imagined the whole thing). I would love to see this feature (re)instated.

Thanks!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  02:12:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the problems we've had with the forum tables in the past have probably affected that particular feature as well -- disrupting the forum registry which notes which scrolls have been accessed by scribes, as well as when. Might be something to look into later.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Mar 2010 02:14:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000