Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms MUD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goblin
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2003 :  18:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Goblin's Homepage Send Goblin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Heya i am an accomplished games designer and make games playable for free. im working on a multi user dungeon and want to base it on the forgotten realms eg cormyr and waterdeep.

ive already sent a mail to wizards.com seeing if its ok to do this, but i would like your thoughts on this. would you like to help etc?

Goblin
games designer

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2003 :  21:48:18  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No pb. What do you need?
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2003 :  00:13:30  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you give us some more info, Goblin?

I certainly wouldn't mind getting involved and helping out with either programming or general background work.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2003 :  00:33:37  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A fellow 3Dian. Swell. Just shout what you need, I might not hear you, so I refrase that. Just write what you need and we shall se what can be done.

So do you have any idea what's it gonna be about?

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Goblin
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2003 :  21:28:15  Show Profile  Visit Goblin's Homepage Send Goblin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heya

thanks for the swift replies. basically as long as you know what a MUD is then thats the first step.

please add me to your msn if you have one : goblin_siege@hotmail.com

please also connect using telnet or zmud/or AL client :

IP/HOST : 212.159.112.62
Port : 4000

that is my current mud but i will give u the connection to the new MUD - if your interested in helping.

i have already made a good start and added in cities of Zhentil keep and Arabel.

things i need is this........and its alot.....for a start i need to complete arabel and and zhentil keep.

place names in there - eg ive already added several Inns. eg The Hungry Man Inn etc. ive also got to add in the temples eh Temple of Tymora etc - u get the picture?

also i need to determine which character class's and races to be used.

also clans - red wizards of thay? and which other ones. these are clans that players can join.

please contact me via msn or the game to discuss it :)

Goblin
games designer
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2003 :  22:10:36  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard of Muds but I thought they lost popularity in the late 90's. Aren't they all text based?

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Goblin
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  02:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Goblin's Homepage Send Goblin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes they are. they are free to play. unlike most graphical games.

Goblin
games designer
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  20:12:23  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I played a MUD based in the universe of the Dragon Reborn series by Robert Jordan. I think that it was swell. The only thing stopping you are your Imagination.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2003 :  14:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love MUDs as well. No matter if its text based. D&D is text based as well if you think about it, we just say the text instead of read it.

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2003 :  16:10:43  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aust Grimshadow

I love MUDs as well. No matter if its text based. D&D is text based as well if you think about it, we just say the text instead of read it.

Dito on that one, Mr Grimshadow.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000