Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Custom Avatar Portraits
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  20:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this is of topic, but...
Shade: Are you a moderator now? Can you edit my posts? And write things I have not written?

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  21:11:20  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can only do that in the Candlekeep Inn area. I am the doorman, so I'm probably not going to modify any posts. I'll merely stand in the background, and gossip with the patrons......

Now, back on topic, Sage, how's my avatar coming???

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  22:46:14  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Veszaun Auvryath

Alaundo, did you receive the custom avatar I sent over e-mail? I'm sorry my e-mail is not working correctly, so you can't send a reply, but please tell me if anything is wrong with the picture in this post, or if it is acceptable.

Many thanks.

Well met

Hmmmmm, I didnt receive anything from you, Veszaun Auvryath, please try sending it over again. Thank ye

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nasher Alagondar
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  23:07:29  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nasher Alagondar's Homepage Send Lord Nasher Alagondar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You didn't?!?!?! I'm certain I sent it correctly. alaundo@candlekeep.com correct? Well, I'll send it again, but if you don't get it, do let me know. (I did get the email address correct, right?)

"Very well, I am admittedly not as traditional in my methodology as you are. So what? The end result is all the same: target ceases to exist. If I happen to use a bit more flair, and a little less stealth to go about it, so be it. If drow were truly meant to skulk within the shadows, we'd not have stark white hair, now would we? Long gone are my days of creeping in the shadows and hiding in wait. Those means are for beings of a cowardly bent. We Bladesingers are risen above such dribble. So saying, it is boldly into the fray I shall go; if I should come to meet my maker, I will at least have done so with a sense of pride and dignity that your ilk will never truly understand. Now go back to hiding in your dark recesses, pathetic mewling...."~Vesz'aun Auvryath

Edited by - Lord Nasher Alagondar on 01 Feb 2004 23:09:05
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  13:18:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

I can only do that in the Candlekeep Inn area. I am the doorman, so I'm probably not going to modify any posts. I'll merely stand in the background, and gossip with the patrons......

Now, back on topic, Sage, how's my avatar coming???

Sorry Shadowlord, but I haven't had time to go over your avatar yet. I've been busy at the uni library these last two days, getting together some notes for my current assignment. I'll try and get to it tomorrow...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  20:46:42  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries Sage. I'm in no rush..... Even if it seems you are......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  05:11:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay Shadowlord, I've smoothed over the image using my personal program, and trimmed the edges a little in order to decrease the distortion of the image when re-sizing became necessary. I'll have it ready to send back to you tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  05:25:07  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Sounds great, Sage, I can't wait.....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  07:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Alaundo I have just sent you an e-mail with a custom avatar of my own I'm just posting here to make sure you recieved it :D

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  10:19:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Greetings Alaundo I have just sent you an e-mail with a custom avatar of my own I'm just posting here to make sure you recieved it :D

Well met, Wood Elf Ranger.

I did indeed receive your portrait....take a look in the mirror

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  17:18:47  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*looks into the mirror and smiles at himself*
Many thanks my friend!

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  07:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Alaundo,

I too am posting here in regards to see if you received my inquiry of a custom avatar. Please let me know if it is acceptable and correctly porportioned.

Thank you kindly.

Live spelled backwards is evil. Doesn't that mean that there is a measure of evil in everyone? Perhaps it was the god's hidden joke, but why are you scoffing that I admit I'm evil? At least I'm not slaughtering innocents and saying it's good and right. No matter how you look at it, it's still murder and therefore evil. Deep down, you are no better than I am. The only difference is that I may lie to others, but not to myself! ~Xull'rae Zauviir
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  12:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xullrae Zauviir

Well met Alaundo,

I too am posting here in regards to see if you received my inquiry of a custom avatar. Please let me know if it is acceptable and correctly porportioned.

Thank you kindly.

Well met

'tis done, Xullrae. Thou art revealed in true form

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  13:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...and, an interesting form it is.

Where is this image from Xullrae?.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  20:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are most gracious Alaundo, thank you!

It is nice to see her face once more.

She is indeed an interesting Drow to be certain. The pic isn't from anywhere, (t least I hope it's not) I had it commissioned in June of 2003 and respectively paid a fee for it.

The artist is still backlogged to this day from everyone wanting a portrait that I feel bad for her because I restarted the trend.

I will not drift off the subject of this thread, so I will just thank you for liking my avatar!

Live spelled backwards is evil. Doesn't that mean that there is a measure of evil in everyone? Perhaps it was the god's hidden joke, but why are you scoffing that I admit I'm evil? At least I'm not slaughtering innocents and saying it's good and right. No matter how you look at it, it's still murder and therefore evil. Deep down, you are no better than I am. The only difference is that I may lie to others, but not to myself! ~Xull'rae Zauviir
Go to Top of Page

Veszaun Auvryath
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  22:44:41  Show Profile  Visit Veszaun Auvryath's Homepage Send Veszaun Auvryath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hrmph, I've sent a custom Avatar commission from the incorrect e-mail address (have too many to keep track of anymore ). I'm going to resubmit it from the proper e-mail address now, please let me know if there are any problems, and I'll do my best to correct them.

"You scoff at the notion of a drow Bladesinger? My, my. How very foolish of you to believe that the Ilythiiri did not possess the secrets of the Bladesong in ages long past. A select few of us have carried a twisted rendition of the 'Song down through the generations. Now, bearing that in mind, will you wipe that ridiculous look of incredulity from your face, or must the keen edge of my blade do it for you?"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  09:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Veszaun Auvryath

Hrmph, I've sent a custom Avatar commission from the incorrect e-mail address (have too many to keep track of anymore ). I'm going to resubmit it from the proper e-mail address now, please let me know if there are any problems, and I'll do my best to correct them.

Well met, Veszaun Auvryath

Indeed, as you will now see, your portrait has been updated

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  09:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Much to the delight of the female drow in the audience, I'm sure . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  17:33:21  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They can drool all they like but his black heart belongs to Xull'rae.

Though to be honest, game wise Xull'rae finds his attraction quite irritating, as drow are not known to have only one partner. But Vesz'aun has it in his head, only HE can have Xull'rae and no other male. If they try, a battle ensues. I think the point is obvious.

Nice to see your portrait up my dear!

Go to Top of Page

Veszaun Auvryath
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  18:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Veszaun Auvryath's Homepage Send Veszaun Auvryath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh...Thank ye kindly, Alaundo, much appreciated!

And no, Bookwyrm, the drow females won't ogle over him for very long, as good ol' Vesz'aun won't give them the time of day (at least not when the object of his obsession -- Xull'rae -- is around ), and his irritating personality is a very big turnoff to boot, outweighing those dashing good looks by a longshot

Thank you as well, "dearest" Xull'rae

"You scoff at the notion of a drow Bladesinger? My, my. How very foolish of you to believe that the Ilythiiri did not possess the secrets of the Bladesong in ages long past. A select few of us have carried a twisted rendition of the 'Song down through the generations. Now, bearing that in mind, will you wipe that ridiculous look of incredulity from your face, or must the keen edge of my blade do it for you?"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  21:12:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, great. Not only are we being invaded by drow, now they're reproducing . . . . Shadowlord's behind this, I'm certain.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  21:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, yes, it's all my doing.

Since I featured my drow character, it seems as though drow have been joining by the score! For a bit of Realmsian humor, may I direct you to this online comic.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  21:46:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Saving throw versus copyright infringement.

Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  22:34:40  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno about that..Xull is taking measures to not reproduce right now. A loosing battle in the long run I'm fairly certain, but she can try right?

Besides as my characters avatar shows, she's not a typical looking drow. I think she's beautiful, but the character herself does not and this leads problems of its own accord.

Before I get off track..perhaps I will post in the avatar thread in the library.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  22:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or you could always write her up in the Adventuring section.

Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:12:10  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious are you Bookwyrm?

Couldn't without Vesz'aun's permission, his characters are involved in most things Xull does (she never has a moment to herself!) Besides I wouldn't want to bore you with her temper and Vesz'aun's warped mind.

But truly, if you are interested, I might dispite my shyness and misgivings.

Go to Top of Page

Veszaun Auvryath
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Veszaun Auvryath's Homepage Send Veszaun Auvryath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Coughs* Yeah, riiiight, like Xull'rae has ever waited for Vesz's permission on anything

We could join in the frolicking, I suppose, but these two characters wouldn't get along with much of anyone, unless we alter them a bit. Okay, make that a lot

Oh, yeah, before we become victims of the smackdown for getting off subject, some nice Custom Avatars in here, I must say....

We promise to go to another thread now, Alaundo, sorry

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we always encourage people to share their character stories. And who knows? Sometimes they're a hit.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  06:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, did you receive my email? *will probably know that he has before Alaundo responds to this* Thank you, anyway.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:33:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this mean we'll soon be seeing a new Arivia?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000