Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Current Events In SilveryMoon/The Silver Marches
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TerasMagx
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  20:40:36  Show Profile  Visit TerasMagx's Homepage Send TerasMagx a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am planning to begin a campaign fairly soon in the Silver Marches area. I have access to most of the material and all of the core material for it and the surronding area. I hav'nt read all of the books set in the realms though, not nearly all of them infact. I've read the hunter trillogy, so I know the war with Obould and such as well as its general known outcome for the moment. Is there anything else though that I should know about the area so i protray the setting correctly for the current timeline?

I want to keep things as up to date as I can and saddly the majority of the information for the region is pre 3.5 even so its fairly old. I figure most of the information within the silver marches core book is still more then valid. I am more interested in any specific things that I might highlight in my game and such. Is there any other sources or information, aside from whats covered hunters trillogy that deals with the area?

Am i asking in the right place? If not i do apologize, this is my first time doing this sort of thing for the realms, I've only been following it sense its release in 3.0 and even then i vary in the settings I run, thus if there is some reasource for this sort of thing I am missing, do let me know!

Thanks!

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  22:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're in the right place.

Be aware, though, that the events in the Hunter's Blades trilogy aren't all that "current"--they took place from about 1369-1372 DR, and the current year is, or is around, the beginning of 1375 DR.

Other than that I can't think of anything earthshattering that's happened there.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 04 Feb 2007 22:14:08
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  23:55:22  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I concur. The events in the silver marches is what I utilize.
Go to Top of Page

Hal9000
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2007 :  10:45:21  Show Profile  Visit Hal9000's Homepage Send Hal9000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the Silver Marches did contribute a little bit to Seiveril Miritar's crusade or at least were participants to the action that went on in the High Forest.

Your campaign could maybe address the fact that some members of the Confederation are disgruntled that Alustriel sent an army out to defend a bunch of people (read tree hugging wood & wild elves) that aren't even a part of the Confederation. This is just a suggestion for setting current political mood within the country.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000