Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Rock of Mount Waterdeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2007 :  18:47:36  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know what kind of rock is in Mount Waterdeep? Granite? Limestone?

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  01:48:00  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After checking most of my sources on waterdeep. I came across a reference in the ruins of undermountain. It states:

Architecture
Unless otherwise noted, all areas in Undermountain have walls, ceilings, and floors of smooth, worked and fitted stone flags, blocks, and slabs. The stone is generally gray, mottled local granite, hard and not easily fractured. Even in areas carved out of solid rock, the bedrock has either been smoothed and engraved with joint-lines to resemble the surrounding stonework or covered with a plaster stucco and stone blocks affixed to it.

Edited by - scererar on 30 Jan 2007 01:48:40
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  02:34:03  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much. I was also having great trouble finding the answer, but didn't think to look up the Undermountain books.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  02:39:07  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cool, glad to be of some help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000