Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 <Ed/Eric/George> 3.5 CoS maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  03:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Did wotc ever create a file which had all the Waterdeep Ward maps linked together?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  04:24:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen that art or map orders for a product pre-publication.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  05:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Did wotc ever create a file which had all the Waterdeep Ward maps linked together?

Damn guess that means ill need to do some scanning, printing and sticky taping then

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  08:05:43  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was indeed something that I was lookin g for as well. I do remember the nice poster maps of Waterdeep in City Sytem, IIRC. it was gigantic - showing every tiny back alley and all the details of this wonderful city. When CoS came out I hoped it would include a poster map in the back of the book like e.g. Silver Marches does. Unfortunatelly the SM sourcebook seems to be the single exception to the rule. Never seen other maps (FRCS aside) in any other books thereafter.

A shame really!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  10:21:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was City System, yes.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  11:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Waterdeep what do you reckon Auroras should be able to sell? Do you reckon they should have the same 2500gp limit Thayan enclaves have?

Also is Aurora Gost (Gost family consort in the 2ed CoS)the owner of the Aurora stores?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 26 Jan 2007 12:19:22
Go to Top of Page

Grehnar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  12:55:19  Show Profile  Visit Grehnar's Homepage Send Grehnar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the Wizards' website (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20050622a), there are some Waterdeep maps which, though not as good as the City System, could save you some scanning.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  16:36:47  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Speaking of Waterdeep what do you reckon Auroras should be able to sell? Do you reckon they should have the same 2500gp limit Thayan enclaves have?

Also is Aurora Gost (Gost family consort in the 2ed CoS)the owner of the Aurora stores?

Actually I leave it up to the Catalogue to what my players are able to find there. What you cannot buy are unique or very rare items of course. As to the magic items - I think at 2500gp limit is absolutely fine.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  17:44:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to say no, she isn't a member of the Gost family. However, I could be wrong but from the text on her, it doesn't seem that way. Of course, we don't know much about her background, so it's possible she is Aurora Gost.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  22:46:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:

Actually I leave it up to the Catalogue to what my players are able to find there. What you cannot buy are unique or very rare items of course. As to the magic items - I think at 2500gp limit is absolutely fine.

What magic items does the Catalogue have in it?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  22:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I'm going to say no, she isn't a member of the Gost family. However, I could be wrong but from the text on her, it doesn't seem that way. Of course, we don't know much about her background, so it's possible she is Aurora Gost.

Sounds like it might be a question for Steven as hes the author of the 2ed CoS

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  23:21:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Sounds like it might be a question for Steven as hes the author of the 2ed CoS

And, as I recall, there isn't much of a connection provided between Aurora and the Gost family either, in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep.

Having said that, I'll be interested to see whether Steven can provide any extra insight on this.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2007 :  13:11:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And reposted here for ease of reference, comes Steven's reply:-

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

A question for Steven

Is Aurora Gost (Gost family consort in the 2ed CoS)the owner of the Aurora stores?

No, I don't believe she is. The two women just share a common name, that's all.

I don't have my Aurora's Guide on hand, but I believe there's info in that book detailing the mysterious woman in charge. But alas, while there is an Aurora's outlet in Waterdeep, the Gost family has no direct connection to it of which I'm aware.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2007 :  10:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankfully I have bought City System on ebay and it should be at home once I come back from vacation...

Then I'm gonna hve the maps laminated and stick em to my wall

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2007 :  16:21:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Thankfully I have bought City System on ebay and it should be at home once I come back from vacation...

Then I'm gonna hve the maps laminated and stick em to my wall

I love City System, for a very good reason. It contains a booklet of over 100 or more street scenes for Waterdeep that could be used in other cities but it's designed for Deep because it's broken down by Deep's wards.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000