Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A new Gallery for Candlekeep.com.... perhaps?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf of the Dark
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  21:03:41  Show Profile  Visit Wolf of the Dark's Homepage Send Wolf of the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I made a side note type post in another forum asking or suggesting this possibility.

Here is my notion:
What I'd like to see here on Candlekeep.com is a gallery of pix from anywhere and everywhere, that are 'themed' to places in Faerun. For instance, some pictures of the Scottish moors might be used by a DM when his players are on the High Moor; or pictures of the Oregon/North California coast could serve for the Sword Coast.

Is there anyplace in Faerun where you'd find "the white cliffs of Dover??"

Would Norwegian fjords be good scenery for the Vilhon Reach?

et cetera.

With players all over the world, we should all be able to submit photos that can show real world terrain and associate it with ergions and places in Faerun.

Is it possible?

Has Ed posted matrial about what particular places "should look like?"

If the moderators permitted such, what sort of guidelines should be followed, other than the legal stuff, like no pirated pix, etc.

Let the ideas roll.

-Wolf

15 years of DnD, but only a few weeks in the Realms....

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  21:07:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind that this forum does not support the posting of images.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  23:33:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I could've sworn I just mentioned that "no-posting-images" in the Candlekeep forum short while back in the discussion about the FR Interactive Atlas... You can provide links to the images, but cannot the images themselves.

Anyways, Wolf, Ed has, at times, provided written visual descriptions of certain areas in his replies here at Candlekeep, which cover particular locales throughout the Realms. They should provide enough of a descriptive basis to get you started...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wolf of the Dark
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  01:44:31  Show Profile  Visit Wolf of the Dark's Homepage Send Wolf of the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

Dense of me not to realize that the Galleries you have on the site are actually links to other places/servers.

Might not work as well as I thought anyway, since many of us likely have different 'visions' of what all those places in the realms look like. Wouldn't want to start an argument like "Your picture is not of XYZ, that looks like ABC. What were you thinking?"

Maybe one of the moderators needs to say something like,
Move along, nothing to see here. Move along.

15 years of DnD, but only a few weeks in the Realms....
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  08:12:53  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is most certainly a nice idea, but than again, if anyone would want to have such pics as a gaming reference or the like he could simply search the web for such already anyhow, if I am not totally mistaking!?

Just my thinking...

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000