Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Introducing MaxKaladin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MaxKaladin
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  20:57:05  Show Profile  Visit MaxKaladin's Homepage Send MaxKaladin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It seems traditional to introduce yourself on these boards, so here goes.

I've been playing since I was 13. That was back in the days of the "Basic/Expert/Companion/Master/Immortal" D&D boxed sets. I moved on to 1e, 2e and now 3e as well as playing a number of other systems. I've gamed in a number of settings, both homebrew and published.

I'm an old hand at the Realms. I read a number of the articles in Dragon back in the early-mid 80s and began collecting Realms products with the old gray box set (technically, the first Moonshae novel, which I'm fairly sure was published slightly before the Gray Box). I ran Realms games in high school, all through college and beyond. I collected all the products and was an active poster on the REALMS-L list. After that, well, life happens and I drifted away from the Realms back in the late 90s about the time 3rd edition came out.

I've continued gaming. My group talked me into running a game to try out the new 3rd edition rules and I started something in a homebrew based on ancient Rome that ended up running several years. That game is over now and I'm thinking of using the Realms for my next game, but the changes that have happened in 3rd edition are just mind-boggling. It's rather overwhelming.

Back in the 90s, I remember reading and participating in many threads on REALMS-L about what eventually came to be called "RSEs" (and I remember the thread where that term was coined). Having seen the amount of change that's occurred in 3e, I suddenly have a lot more sympathy for the people who were screaming "enough with the RSEs already!"

My username, incidentally, is the name of a Paladin I played in a 2e Realms game back in the mid 90s. "Max Kaladin, Paladin of Torm, member of the Order of the Golden Lion. He started near Anauroch, spent most of the campaign in Waterdeep and the North and was retired after journeying to Tantras. He has recently been reborn as a 3e paladin for a series of one-shot adventures by another GM who wanted us to create 20th level characters to face various "iconic" challenges.

Edited by - MaxKaladin on 19 Jan 2007 20:58:34

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  21:23:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  21:24:27  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walcome to Candlekeep MaxKaladin.

The creature above me is the famous space hamster in here, he is harmless.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 19 Jan 2007 21:27:34
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  21:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, MaxKaladin

Welcome to Candlekeep. Ahh, an old hand at the Realms eh. Oh we like aged scholars here Hope ye can learn something from my fellow scribes herein, nevertheless.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  23:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers and well met, mate

Don't spill beer over the scrolls, Alaundo hates that (I found that out only by painful example

Enjoy your stay...and don't mind the loonies, they tend to fly very low here

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  07:54:23  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Max Kaladin, hope you will enjoy your stay. As for low-flying loonies, I am slightly worried over the one located right over my head just now.
Go to Top of Page

Grimbolt Hammerhand
Acolyte

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  12:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Grimbolt Hammerhand's Homepage Send Grimbolt Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met, Max Kaladin.
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  16:31:45  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, why is it always 'Mostly harmless'?

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  16:45:01  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome & Wellmet

I look forward to seeing you on the boards

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  10:40:32  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome in Candlekeep. I saw you played a Paladin of Torm. Once upon a time I played a paladin of Tyr
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  12:36:11  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings MaxKaladin
And welcome to the forum, looking forward to see your posts.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000