Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What race do you play?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Nyx_Necrodragon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  01:07:41  Show Profile Send Nyx_Necrodragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow, always Drow
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  17:41:53  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Predominantly human but I've also played multiple elves (including 1 drow), Aasimar (deva for 4e), and one of my favorite characters is an Air Genasi warlord named Garen-Kai.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  17:45:22  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

Hrm. I had known about shifters and dragonborn being in 3e but didn't know about goliaths. Thanks for the info.

Additionally the Raptoran from Races of the Wild that are also in the Forgotten Realms, canonized in the novel God Catcher (Aundra Blacklock).
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  17:47:59  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Yup. And STILL not as good as my trusty old 2nd ed half-dragons!!

True. 2E half-dragons were cool, though there were some nice features about the 3E ones, as well. I think the ideal half-dragon would blend both versions.

The 4e ones have bonuses to both Strength AND Charisma, making them great Paladins, Barbarians, Bards, Clerics, and Dragon Sorcerers. Not tom mention fun breath weapons and they can gain wings later on through paragon paths and feats. I think my next 4e character is going to be an awesome Paladin|Bard hybrid who wears plate armor and is devoted to Mili
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  01:47:41  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humans and half-elves have always been my preferred P.C. races. Never played a gnome or dwarf.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  03:16:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

Hrm. I had known about shifters and dragonborn being in 3e but didn't know about goliaths. Thanks for the info.

Additionally the Raptoran from Races of the Wild that are also in the Forgotten Realms, canonized in the novel God Catcher (Aundra Blacklock).

See also pg. 17 of Champions of Valor. There's a small section on using raptorans in the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  07:20:00  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moon Elves. I like that they are pretty much the harmonious balance between all elf types. Intelligent, steeped in magical knowledge, and proud of their heritage, but not stuffy, snooty racial superiorists like Sun Elves. Fond of nature and the wilderness, but not reclusive hermits like Wood Elves, they are as comfortable in the taverns of Waterdeep as they are trouncing around the High Forest. And that they are generally laid back, fun loving, and eager adventurers. Truly the ideal blend of elfiness.

Edited by - Gambit on 07 Mar 2017 07:21:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000