Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What race do you play?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2007 :  14:31:10  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I'm talking about!!

quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Dwarf all the way baby!!!!

Axe Idiot's Rule!!!

Delz

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2007 :  14:43:54  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves have a special place in my heart. The skill, history, tenacity,toughness, and work ethic all appeal to me. I've wound up with humans as my PCs in 3.X, but I love to play a wise, common sense, trustwothy, tough, well educated Dwarf. I think a dwarven cloistered cleric/fighter character would be a blast to play. Dwarven rogue/fighter and rogue/caver characters would be intriguing as well.

Gnomish rogues are cool too.

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2007 :  19:31:38  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elf is the most frequently used in my campaign. It is exotic without being so rare that it is unrealistic.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2007 :  21:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage  Click to see Sian's MSN Messenger address Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cloistered cleric/fighter ... isn't that allmost something that can't fit together ... cloistered cleric is basicly a cleric that aren't that aggessive and more diffent from a paladin

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2007 :  23:06:06  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since my gaming group usually consists of 10 year olds and people who have never heard of a tiefling in the life, I'm the DM...Eh...But as a player I've played every race at one time. As such, I really love Elvis.

EDIT: Sorry, typo...I meant ELVES!

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush

Edited by - Aglaranna on 18 Jan 2007 23:07:48
Go to Top of Page

Grandmaster Kane
Seeker

64 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2007 :  23:42:33  Show Profile  Visit Grandmaster Kane's Homepage Send Grandmaster Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow FTW!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  18:53:25  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tend to play the Chondathan race. As to species, well, humans, almost always, with the occasional Hobbi ... er ... halfling.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  00:50:38  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elves mostly. Vampires at other times . . . for, what I hope, are fairly obvious reasons!

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  02:17:45  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When have you ever played an elf? Its almost always been vampires with you...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  10:17:15  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of the more 'obscure' races, it seems more common to play lower level campaigns and hence characters with higher ECLs are less common.

I nearly always play a human, though I've fallen in love with Drow since reading Starlight and Shadows and WotSQ recently. And I'm literally head over heels with my Drow Beguiler, who sadly never got a chance to run around Waterdeep for very long (think he made it form his room to the inn before the campaign had to close)

I've also been wanting to try a half-giant (stone) for a long while, and have one (a fighter/cleric of tempus with a spiked chain) that I'll be playing shortly in Reefy's campaign
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  18:14:55  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well when i am not behind the screen, i play humans, they are the most flexible race after all
Go to Top of Page

BeastlyIrishman
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  00:59:06  Show Profile  Visit BeastlyIrishman's Homepage  Click to see BeastlyIrishman's MSN Messenger address Send BeastlyIrishman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always play Dwarves, sometimes Azer or Human, I just love the Dwarven culture and the way the don't take any bs from anybody, Drow are overrated and I'm not a big fan of the Surface Elves
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  03:21:30  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gnomes. I've always had a special place in my heart for gnomes, and not the stereotypical punchline gnomes either.

"We're not out of here in 10 minutes, we won't need no rockets to fly through space." -Parker, Alien.
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Learned Scribe

88 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  23:52:36  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I almost always play half-elves as they have the best of both worlds.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Pasta Fzoul
Learned Scribe

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  00:26:58  Show Profile Send Pasta Fzoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I generally prefer to play humans, mainly because they don't have the racial-cultural "baggage" of the demihuman races, and therefore seem to allow for a greater diversity in character. In other words, it's easier (for me) to play a human who happens to act like a dwarf, than a dwarf who acts like a human
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  19:49:05  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play elves most of the time, with half-elves being next most common. It seems like halfings don't get any love on here!
Go to Top of Page

Amarel Derakanor
Learned Scribe

97 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  20:46:36  Show Profile Send Amarel Derakanor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm almost always a GM(DM, except dungeons tend to get excluded in my games), so my player characters are indeed rare, and most of them have been human.

It should be noted, however, that on a strong second place comes 'half-orc', or any other 'savage' race of humanoids, for me.

Edited by - Amarel Derakanor on 07 Dec 2008 20:50:07
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  21:53:44  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love to play Humans.

I know that is a little boring, but I can relate easily to them.

As a second pick, I like Half-Orcs and other partially human (but non-elven) races. I played a Half-Ogre once that was a blast!

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  21:58:53  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves , followed by humans or gnomes.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:36:19  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I typically prefer to play humans, but have always wanted to play in Kara-tur so I could play as a hengeyokai... possibly hare or rat, just because.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29793 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:40:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nerfed2Hell

I typically prefer to play humans, but have always wanted to play in Kara-tur so I could play as a hengeyokai... possibly hare or rat, just because.

I always wanted to try a hengeyokai, too.

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  23:59:00  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Nerfed2Hell

I always wanted to try a hengeyokai, too.

As have I, though I've never been able to craft a party that would compliment such a character, effectively.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  01:08:49  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play computer games only, but FWIW my choices are typically human and half-elf. But I will add that I particularly enjoyed playing a half-orc cleric-thief. Enough that I decided to start work on a BG2 NPC mod for the character.
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  01:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Vangelor's Homepage Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gravitate to elves. Current character is spun off of a wild-elf tribe I detailed for a PnP campaign as a DM. He has the wild-elf cultural upbringing, with a seven-year crash course in civilization from the House of the Harp in Silverymoon. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3053 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  04:33:30  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage  Click to see Alisttair's MSN Messenger address Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was almost always DM until 4E. As a PC I usually play Humans but I have a Dwarf PC that I use a lot in one 4E campaign.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000