Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2007)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Austran
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  10:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Austran's Homepage Send Austran a Private Message
Greetings!
Where can I find any details about the disappearance of Lolth?
A little lost in the new events in Faerun, heh heh...

Wisdom is only possessed by the learned.
Go to Top of Page

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  12:50:28  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message
For that you will want to pick up the six book series called "The War of the Spider Queen."

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  16:34:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by turox

For that you will want to pick up the six book series called "The War of the Spider Queen."

Or the summary of the first 3 or 4 of said novels that is detailed in the Player's Guide for 3.5e.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  19:41:20  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Hi Hooded and Ed,

Yeah, snowed under. Probrably by work and the white stuff.

Ed, please help. What kind of rooms, furniture, artwork, toys ,etc would you put into a very powerful elven clan house? I find that my first attempt at drafting a floor plan doesn't quite do justice to what I've read in Realms literature.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  02:10:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, all.
I bring some sad news: Ed's father died suddenly yesterday. Ed is calmer than anyone I've yet seen under these circumstances (he and his father were very close), but his father was a longtime university professor, chorister who sang in cathedrals all over the world, and one of NORAD's top radar men during the Cold War, so the funeral (next weekend) is likely to be a big affair, and the usual family matters will keep Ed occupied at least for this coming week.

althen artren, being as it may be some time before Ed gets to your question, let me try to take a stab at it from some of Ed's DMing descriptions of elven home interiors for us Knights:
Many rooms will be "growing" things: smooth-sculpted, rounded hollows with living wooden walls upon which grow flowers and mosses, and which have been teased (with magic) out into furniture-like shapes, and "spurs" from which their elven owners hang chiming glass mobiles enchanted to give off light (room illumination).
Most artwork will be of elves or living forest scenes, and the most prized pieces will be magical three-dimensional images (like holograms, that can be stepped through without feeling anything or affecting them).
I'll leave it to Ed to say more, but I know that what little I've said is both correct and typical.
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 12 Nov 2007 02:12:41
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  02:16:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Oh man,

That bites. :( Sorry Ed!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  02:19:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
'Tis sad news indeed. We appreciate you sharing this with us, my Lady.

Please pass the condolences of both myself and the Lady K onto Ed. His family are in our thoughts.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Nov 2007 02:20:01
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  02:51:07  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message
Please pass my condolences to Ed and his family as well.
'Tis sad news indeed.
~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
My condolences to Ed and his family, as well. We'll be thinking of him.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  03:14:08  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
THO,

Terrible news indeed. Please pass my condolences to Ed and his family.
Go to Top of Page

Kheris
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  03:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Kheris's Homepage Send Kheris a Private Message
Aye, from all of us, certainly...
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  03:25:29  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Blessings to you and your family, Mr. greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  05:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
Our prayers, from whatever deity we believe in (or just best wishes), go out to you.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  06:12:04  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
My condolences to Ed, family and anyone else bereaved by these sad news.
Go to Top of Page

Verghityax
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  09:06:05  Show Profile  Visit Verghityax's Homepage Send Verghityax a Private Message
It's always a sad thing to hear such news. My condolences to Ed, his family and all the people that knew Ed's father.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  10:23:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

I'm very sorry to hear this, Hooded One. Very sad news indeed

Please pass on my condolences to Ed and on behalf of all at Candlekeep, let him know that our thoughts are with him and his family.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

dravenloft
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  12:06:24  Show Profile  Visit dravenloft's Homepage Send dravenloft a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hello, all.
I bring some sad news: Ed's father died suddenly yesterday. <snip>
love to all,
THO

:( Please pass Ed my condolences.

Space Opera, Planetary Romance, Speculative Fiction and similar by me.
check it out at http://universal-nexus.com
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  14:25:25  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hello, all.
I bring some sad news: Ed's father died suddenly yesterday. Ed is calmer than anyone I've yet seen under these circumstances (he and his father were very close), but his father was a longtime university professor, chorister who sang in cathedrals all over the world, and one of NORAD's top radar men during the Cold War, so the funeral (next weekend) is likely to be a big affair, and the usual family matters will keep Ed occupied at least for this coming week.

"Building a shining collection of memories is what humans do in a life well lived, or should do -- and the only proper measure of a human is the friendships and the acts of love that a person builds and does, without thought of personal gain, but rather out of free love for others." - Elminster the Sage, 11th of Kythorn 1371 DR

Please pass on my condolences, may his memory live on.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  15:01:55  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
Indeed yes, condolences to Ed and his family.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  16:11:34  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message
My condolences too. May the mother's last embrace welcome him home.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  16:34:54  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message
Very sad news. My condolences to Ed as well.

You never fail until you stop trying.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  17:51:37  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
My condolences Ed. Very sad news.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  19:13:57  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message
I would like to add my condolences as well.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  20:25:14  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

I would like to add my condolences as well.

As would I.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of condolences.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  22:01:19  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
My deepest condolences and best wishes for Ed and Family.
I lost my father 9 years ago, I was 25. He was only 49. I would love to have had him for just a few more years.

I am glad Ed had the good fortune to have his father around as long as he did. I am sure he has years of cherished memories!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  23:43:54  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message
Oh, Moradinīs beard!

My condolences to Ed and his family.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Mkhaiwati
Learned Scribe

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  00:45:58  Show Profile  Visit Mkhaiwati's Homepage Send Mkhaiwati a Private Message
My condolences too. My father passed away five years ago. It seems to be a curse in my family that the father never meets the children of the youngest child. I only have a memory of one grandmother, and she died when I was very, very young.

It isn't easy, but everyone around helps. It sounds like a large funeral and it seems the Candlekeep community is behind Ed, too.

"Behold the work of the old... let your heritage not be lost but bequeath it as a memory, treasure and blessing... Gather the lost and the hidden and preserve it for thy children."

"not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail." OotS #367
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  01:31:50  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Thanks for the info, Hooded One.

My sympathies to Ed. I lost my own father at 14. All I can add to the
pile of well wished is that Ed was lucky to get to know his father as
an adult. Talk to each other as adult and have a relationship past father/
son. I never had that chance. I hope that the loss passes quickly.

Althen bows respectfully.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  01:40:30  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message
My condolences, too, to Ed and his family!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000