Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2007)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  15:37:55  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all. Ergdusch, the Realms of the Elves short story occurs during Rich Baker's Last Mythal trilogy (it's "where the Knights went" rather than being front and center battling, for the latter half of those books), whereas the "Swords" trilogy Ed's currently writing about the Knights (oh, and AlorinDawn, I believe SWORDS OF DRAGONFIRE includes passing mention of a Halruaan exiled for his use of a certain procedure) is set decades earlier, starting in the Year of the Spur.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  15:44:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Rollo Ruttikin,
Ed has always taken the view that the Dungeon Master is there to serve the players, not rule over them.
In that light, he insists that in all major decisions (such as rules and of course game edition elements used) we vote, and later revisit things some players think "aren't working" and vote again. We collectively chose to remain with 2nd Edition (it took us a long time to stop using 1st Edition bards with 2nd Edition, as suggested by TSR during the 1st to 2nd changeover). We ARE "largely retired" (as in, play very seldom now, what with being scattered worldwide) so rules issues arise far less frequently; playing time is far too precious to waste on "out-of-game" matters.
Rinonalyrna, Ed has told me you'll see a LITTLE more grieving in SWORDS OF DRAGONFIRE, "coming out at emotional moments."
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  17:55:05  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
Hooded One,

Since you say The Knights of Myth Drannor are largely retired, I have some question about your home campaign. I'm asking out of curiosity of what you and your fellow players do and hopefully not about cannon events with the published characters to avoid being NDAed here =)

Are the Knights just frozen in time in your campaign until you all can meet the next game session, or have the characters gone off to live more domestic lives if they can? If the later where do the respective members call home now?

/Cheers

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 07 Jan 2007 17:56:25
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  19:56:26  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

Also a who would win question: The Simbul... or Granny Weatherwax from Discworld?

This one is easy

Granny Weatherwax is the " ANTI - EVERYTHING !!! "

It's a No Brainer, with her preminitions swithched on she could best El no prob!!!! (as if)

Did you know there is an underground cult, worshipping The Big GW!

her and her spirit guide, One man Bucket!!

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  20:24:49  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Rinonalyrna, Ed has told me you'll see a LITTLE more grieving in SWORDS OF DRAGONFIRE, "coming out at emotional moments."
love to all,
THO

That's wonderful to hear, thanks. I thought the lack of grieving in SoE was odd because I've read Ed's other books and I know for a fact he isn't one to gloss over emotional moments like that.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  02:31:35  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, scribes. This time, Ed replies to the most recent query by scribe Rolindin: “Mr. Greenwood do the purple knights of corymr have all the same banners (company flags), or is there some differance's between the companie Banners of purple knights.
And do the sir coats the purple knights wear: is all of them the same design, or is there some differance's in them?
By this I mean are the sir coats the light lancers wear the same as the heavy lancers companies? are the light cavarily and heavy cavarily wear the same sir coats (if they wear them at all.)
If this is not too much trouble to ask for.
Then thank you in advance then Mr. Greenwood.”
Ed replies:

First of all, I’d like to remind everyone of the difference between a Purple Dragon Knight (the prestige class, which doesn’t necessarily have any direct connection with formal knighthoods in Cormyr), knights of Cormyr who happen to hold various ranks in the Purple Dragons (soldiery), and the Purple Dragons (the army of Cormyr, who are mainly untitled commoners but include some knights within their ranks). Rolindin, your questions seem to concentrate on military units (the Purple Dragons as a whole) rather than knights per se.

But let me answer your specific questions, in turn: yes, companies have different banners, as follows: each company includes one person who carries an overly-long, light (and therefore “whippy” or “bendy” in a wind) spear (pike length, but having a spear head). This is always topped by a long Purple Dragon pennant, of “the” Purple Dragon device of Cormyr on a field of gold (for veteran battle units, this status being conferred by the monarch, usually after the unit has fought in at least four battles [“blooded four times”]) or of white (for militia, untried, irregular, or “scratch” [hastily thrown together from elements of other units] units).
Affixed immediately below this long pennant is an individual unit banner, often the personal arms of the noble commanding the unit, or the garrison it’s based in, or the function it’s performing. Specific designs for these haven’t been published yet, but are in the possession of WotC and therefore owned by them and will be revealed at their pleasure. I can tell you that none of them can show any part of a dragon, or a dragon wounded, maimed, chained, etc., and that they often include swords, flames, galloping horses, the heads of horses, spearheads, or some combination thereof.
Stained, torn, or otherwise soiled banners are promptly retired but kept and valued as trophies, by retired common soldiers in their cottages as well as in army mess halls and barracks.

The surcoats of Purple Dragons are shown in the Stephen Fabian illustration on page 72 of the 2nd Edition FORGOTTEN REALMS ADVENTURES hardcover. This scene clearly shows the Purple Dragon device of Cormyr I referred to, above.
All Purple Dragons (except Blue Dragons; I mentioned their insignia in a recent reply) wear essentially the same surcoat, but the surcoats are differenced in two ways: a unit emblem on the sleeve (shoulder) and back, and a rank insignia on the breast (that is, alongside the Purple Dragon; it occupies the breast proper, and the rank insignia is small and usually more or less centered on an (imaginary) diagonal line connecting the wearer’s left armpit and left nipple.
Rank insignia are of two sorts: Purple Dragon rank and noble or courtly (arms of a court title, knighthood, or realm office rank. The noble or courtly rank is usually shield-shaped, and is worn (as a sewn-on patch) above the Purple Dragon rank. As you can imagine, falsely wearing a rank to which the wearer isn’t entitled (or a Purple Dragon surcoat when one isn’t an active Dragon, as brigands like to do) is a severe crime.
The only difference between cavalry and infantry surcoats is length; those who go into battle mounted wear a surcoat that ends at the waist or above, as opposed to the longer ones shown in the FRA illustration. “Light” and “heavy” cavalry designations don’t formally apply to the Purple Dragons (at least, not in the real-world American Civil War or more modern sense), though informally, heavy cavalry in Cormyr is almost entirely clad in full coat-of-plate and usually has lots of knights, nobles, or at least standing Dragon veterans (mainly based in Arabel or High Horn) in it, and carries a full range of weaponry plus lances, whereas light cavalry comes from anywhere, uses lighter armor and javelins (throwing spears) or bows rather than lances, and are usually smaller units used as scouts, messengers, skirmishers, and to chase down fleeing foes. Again, these are practical what-the-eye-sees definitions, NOT formal unit designations.

So saith Ed. Creator of Cormyr, the Purple Dragons - - and most of their foes, for that matter.
P.S. To Ergdusch, KOMD Book 3 is currently under FULL ironclad, spiked-gauntlets-wearing NDA.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  02:47:33  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
An odd question Ed but one I'm really curious about.

Can you tell us what Fzoul's style of leadership is like? I'm interested as to how the Chosen of Bane interacts with his followers in the Church and Zhents.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  02:58:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:

Rollo Ruttikin,
(it took us a long time to stop using 1st Edition bards with 2nd Edition, as suggested by TSR during the 1st to 2nd changeover)

By Banes Mother! you actually used that over powered abomination!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  03:11:36  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And used them with great pleasure, too. As often as they'd surrender to us.
Seriously, Dargoth, they weren't that overpowered in Ed's hands. He made us roleplay all the singing, creating ballads, improvising new lyrics for difficult tavern crowds, going to all the bardic schools and doing all the "services" (adventuring tasks) they wanted done in exchange for training us, and so on. Remember, in Ed's hands, the Realms isn't stats and rules and rolling dice so much as it is acting and delving into all the "hard work" of each character class.
But yes, we loved 1st Ed bards for their powers. Wheee!
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  03:24:17  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:

And used them with great pleasure, too. As often as they'd surrender to us.
Seriously, Dargoth, they weren't that overpowered in Ed's hands. He made us roleplay all the singing, creating ballads, improvising new lyrics for difficult tavern crowds, going to all the bardic schools and doing all the "services" (adventuring tasks) they wanted done in exchange for training us, and so on. Remember, in Ed's hands, the Realms isn't stats and rules and rolling dice so much as it is acting and delving into all the "hard work" of each character class.
But yes, we loved 1st Ed bards for their powers. Wheee!
love,
THO

*chuckle* now I think about it it all becomes clear why the Zhentarim never managed to take Shadowdale forget Chosen of Mystra Storms a 1ed bard! (Incidently I just cracked open my old grey boxset and noticed that Storms Patron deity is Milil!)

Did you ever have one with 500+ Hitpoints? (admitedly 300 of them where tempory)

We had one in the first campaign I ever played in (Classic Greyhawk) and not only was he a 1ed Bard but he also picked up Blackrazor when we did White Plume Mountain (The party Cleric kept Whelm and Wave was destroyed when the Magic user fireballed the Giant crab) and then we did the G series......... and thats how we ended up with a Bard with 500hps

On a side note Ive been seriously considering sliding White Plume Mountain (The 3.5 version) into Undermountain

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 08 Jan 2007 03:46:46
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  03:50:48  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

*chuckle* now I think about it it all becomes clear why the Zhentarim never managed to take Shadowdale forget Chosen of Mystra Storms a 1ed bard!

Oddly, so was Randal Morn. :) Course, in 2e and 3/3.5e he lost his bardic levels.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  04:06:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

*chuckle* now I think about it it all becomes clear why the Zhentarim never managed to take Shadowdale forget Chosen of Mystra Storms a 1ed bard!

Oddly, so was Randal Morn. :) Course, in 2e and 3/3.5e he lost his bardic levels.

Yeah I just checked and randal and Storm are the only Bards in the old grey boxset

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  04:23:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah I just checked and randal and Storm are the only Bards in the old grey boxset

Actually there was one other:

Tamshan the Bard, 4th/6th fighter/5th thief, Male Human, NG, Member of Mane's Band, Cyclopedia of the Realms.

Course Mane's Band also resides/resided in Shadowdale. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 08 Jan 2007 04:25:48
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  04:42:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually there was one other:

Tamshan the Bard, 4th/6th fighter/5th thief, Male Human, NG, Member of Mane's Band, Cyclopedia of the Realms.

Course Mane's Band also resides/resided in Shadowdale. :)

And while they aren't provided with any stats as such, there's also references to Alsaerl and Maerhult as bards in the Ol' Grey Box.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  05:51:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
Yeah its actually rather amusing that all the Bards (at least all those in the Grey box) are in the Dalelands and all the Bard Colleges are all in the west (Silverymoon, Tethyr, Waterdeep, Moonshae isles)

Which brings me to something the Hooded one said today

"Seriously, Dargoth, they weren't that overpowered in Ed's hands. He made us roleplay all the singing, creating ballads, improvising new lyrics for difficult tavern crowds, going to all the bardic schools and doing all the "services" (adventuring tasks) they wanted done in exchange for training us, and so on"

Are the Bard schools still around in the home campaign?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 08 Jan 2007 05:53:59
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  19:39:14  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello Ed and Hooded One,

Do witches exist in your Faerun, the spirit speaking/bonding, hex and curse throwing type of witch, I wish to incorporate one into my story but want to find out first if you used them and if so what manner did they utilize their powers. Like through totems, alters, cauldrons and such, blooding, etc.........

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  19:53:22  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hello Ed and Hooded One,

Do witches exist in your Faerun, the spirit speaking/bonding, hex and curse throwing type of witch, I wish to incorporate one into my story but want to find out first if you used them and if so what manner did they utilize their powers. Like through totems, alters, cauldrons and such, blooding, etc.........

Thanks

The closest thing that I can think of in Realmslore is the Mystic class from 2e that's in Faiths & Avatars. It's a divine caster that uses potions, ointments, and candles.

Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  20:50:21  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message
Ed & THO

I thought that I'd take a different stab at things... Generally, we lob questions, and you answer those that attract your attention/make it past NDA shields.

My question is: What things are currently covered by NDA's?

This way we can avoid those things and focus on questions more apt to be answered.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  21:44:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

Ed & THO

I thought that I'd take a different stab at things... Generally, we lob questions, and you answer those that attract your attention/make it past NDA shields.

My question is: What things are currently covered by NDA's?

This way we can avoid those things and focus on questions more apt to be answered.

To borrow part of the lovely Hooded One's 22 February 2006 reply:

quote:

Sometimes even admitting that he’s keeping quiet will tip off Realms fans about something in the future that shouldn’t be revealed yet.

So don't be surprised if he can't give too much of a list.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  23:33:00  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, all. Ed is at a conference, and sat down at a computer and read this thread at Candlekeep, and then sent me this e-mail:

WalkerNinja,
Of course I can provide such a list. Here it is:
1. All matters and topics pertinent (or possibly pertinent) to planned future, or written but not yet published, or licensed but not yet activated, FR products.
2. Same as above.
3. Same as above.
4. Same as . . . and so on.
Sorry, but all joking aside, I am legally bound, and there are good reasons for NDAs, for any company dealing in Intellectual Properties. It's just a condition of my working life, and certainly governs all my postings here via THO.
Ed

So saith Ed. And there you have it; just what I expected. If Ed reveals lists of specific NDAs, it can very easily reveal an overall pattern of not just specific future products, but entire product lines or product directions. Definitely a no-no. If pressed, Ed will simply have to fall silent; he's a man of his word, and lives by the agreements he makes.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 09 Jan 2007 00:17:56
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  00:15:48  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
I hate to ask but does anyone know the page that the Stonelands barony answer was given on. I've gone through 40 pages already of the last one.

:sigh:

:-)

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  00:23:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Hey Ed (and THO), due to a house move and current lack of internet, I can't just drop you a line re this query but I thought that the scribes here at Candlekeep may be interested in your response. So here's the query:

What can you tell us about Nesker, the Sorceror King of Mulmaster?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  00:27:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

I hate to ask but does anyone know the page that the Stonelands barony answer was given on. I've gone through 40 pages already of the last one.

:sigh:

:-)

August 22nd 2006 or page 56.

If you didn't know, I have a Table of Context/Index for each year for my HTML/PDF versions that are stored here on Candlekeep on the main site.

Links are in my sig.

Edited by - Kuje on 09 Jan 2007 00:31:33
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  01:12:01  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
Well third times a charm, and let's hope Ed can find the time to answer this one since I have NOOOooooo idea how to answer this one when my player introduced it.

What would be the requirements of someone to genuinely pay court to Alusair for a potential husband as opposed to just another of her many consorts (which doesn't seem that difficult)?

The players are heroes in Cormyr even as I'm considering helping the need along for a royal match with poor King Azoun the Fifth, ill fated boy that he seems to be (Gods help whomever is successfully in ending his young life)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  04:33:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Ed,

I'm curious about something. :)

Has any dracolich ever turned into a dragon form of a demilich? So, I guess it would be a demi-dracolich.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  07:10:02  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, scribes. This time, Ed answers Sage of Stars, re. this end-of-year 06 query: “I'd like to thank Ed and THO for another year of answering Realmslore questions for us all. It must eat up a fair amount of time; and for Ed that's writing time, and so, money out of his pocket.
So, of course, I'd like to cost him some more.
In Cormyr, Sembia, Amn, and Tethyr: do swordsmiths and armorers need "special" licenses or permits from the authorities? Do shops selling secondhand or imported weapons or armor need them?
By "special," I'm really asking: do the governments of these lands seek to specifically control or limit supplies of such goods?
Thank you in advance!”
Ed replies:

Yes, it does, and you’re all very welcome; I don’t mind in the slightest. Goes with the territory (of creating a properly-detailed fantasy world setting; the detailing is NEVER done).
In all four of the lands you mention, the authorities require special permits for both the makers and the shops, but only in Cormyr and certain Tethyrian duchies have any of these ever been used to overtly control weapon supplies. The permits are for government taxation purposes (and they tend to tax those who deal in war materials highly).
There are of course guilds in all of those places except Sembia, that further limit “who’s in the business” (though the reach of guilds is patchy in Tethyr and urban-areas-only in Amn). Most governments negotiate with guilds almost constantly on trade matters, and thus influence weapon and armor supplies almost constantly.
Moreover, Amn has other means (covert agents of the government) of limiting and controlling flows and supplies of weapons and armors within its borders (I’m of course excluding all monster-held areas, here).

So saith Ed. Who does think about all of this stuff; implications are meat and drink to him (along with all the stuff that actually makes his belly bulge).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  07:42:22  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
And for a completely random question.

Did Azoun have a will? Was there anything left to his rather extensive spawn?

Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  13:34:10  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message
quote:

If pressed, Ed will simply have to fall silent; he's a man of his word, and lives by the agreements he makes.

Wasn't meaning to press. I just thought that we could save some time. Did not mean to offend. Sorry.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  00:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

And for a completely random question.

Did Azoun have a will? Was there anything left to his rather extensive spawn?

You know, I work in my county's Surrogate's Office (where we probate wills, handle administrations, and so forth), and I've actually wondered about what wills are like in the Forgotten Realms, and how similar they are to our own...and what the wills of certain characters would be like (including Azoun).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 10 Jan 2007 00:16:05
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  00:24:48  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message
Yes, some will info would be lovely in general though I meant specific.

I can imagine given some of the Realms events that plenty of interesting will sessions could be read.

Elminster has seemed to have died so often that I imagine that he uses it solely to clean out his Hut of Junk.

I also assume there's an equivalent of "Do not ressurect" in some wills. I further wonder if one loses all property on death even if one is resurrected ;-)

(Hopefully, relatives will be nice enough to give it back)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000