Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 I need help remembering a film and character
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  14:15:47  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi All,

Now this one is more for the 30+ year olds maybe younger if you are a film buff.

About 15 - 20 years ago there was a film on UK terestrial TV, which was of the Fantasy Genre.

In it there was a Elven Archer character, description of whom is.

about 4'6" - 5" tall
lithe slim build.
I seem to remember him having a beard!!! (this is TV not D&D)
His only weapon was a Short Bow

BUT he had un-canny aim and extremely fast Rate of Fire, simular to rapid shot feat but faster!

He always wore a dark green cloak with the hood pulled up and you hardly ever saw his face.

Now if ANYONE can remember A: the film B: the character or C: any more info on him. I would very much appreciate it as I had hoped to use him as an NPC in an up-coming game!

Please dig through your brain banks and help if you can.

Sorry it's very vague but that's all I can remember!

Delz

I'm Back!

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  16:22:25  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so very tempted to say Robin Hood, haha.

But no, sorry I don't remember
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  16:27:21  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

I'm so very tempted to say Robin Hood, haha.

But no, sorry I don't remember

He might have visually been modeled on Robin Hood, But no he was an elf!

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  17:14:37  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DElz try going to www.imdb.com and searching through via BBC. you can use their advanced search to find the tv show you're talking about...

I've never seen the show, only thing BBC ever put out that i watched (AND LOVE) is RED DWARF.
*sings*
"It's cold outside, no kind of atmosphere...
I'm all alone...more or less.."

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."

Edited by - LucianBarasu on 22 Dec 2006 17:16:19
Go to Top of Page

Blake_Alexander
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  20:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Blake_Alexander's Homepage Send Blake_Alexander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember the movie that you are speaking of, if I recall right there were several adventurers in the group including one with a crossbow that was pretty much an automatic crossbow as well. Problem is it's been roughly 25 years since I saw that movie so the name is escaping me. I guess all I can do is confirm that the film does, or at least did, exist. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  03:31:20  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Hawk the Slayer.

It's not, by many standards, a good film, but we must respect it because of the great Jack Palance, who died last month.
Go to Top of Page

Mkhaiwati
Learned Scribe

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  03:53:00  Show Profile  Visit Mkhaiwati's Homepage Send Mkhaiwati a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hawk the Slayer, also.

the elf was not the main character, he assisted Hawk, the protagonist. He had an extremely fast rate of fire with his bow, and was very much unstoppable.

"Behold the work of the old... let your heritage not be lost but bequeath it as a memory, treasure and blessing... Gather the lost and the hidden and preserve it for thy children."

"not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail." OotS #367
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  11:18:11  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mkhaiwati

Hawk the Slayer, also.

the elf was not the main character, he assisted Hawk, the protagonist. He had an extremely fast rate of fire with his bow, and was very much unstoppable.

That sounds like him Thanks guy's

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  11:31:36  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Crow, an elf of few words"

It appears actor is "Ray Charleson as Crow"

(of course things found on the net are not always true.)

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  12:03:50  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I've found a site re Hawk the Slayer (follow links)

http://www.wulfarchives.com/HawktheSlayer.htm

http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/h/hawk-the-slayer.html

It looks like time had jaded my memory, The Elf, Crow, did not have a beard. That was Baldin the Dward. Well that's a shocker

Thanks again guy's now all I need to do is create Crow, I think I'll keep the name aswell!

Delz

I'm Back!

Edited by - Delzounblood on 23 Dec 2006 12:04:20
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  21:12:28  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Delz,

thanks for the link1 I read that guy's review of the movie and laughed all the way through it! Funny reading! Sounds like a great movie...

On a similar note, does anyone remember a movie (made for TV, by NBC, I think...) about a magic bow, called "the Elb Bow, [elbow?]or the Orb Bow? It was about a kid who inherits this incredibly magic bow from an old guy, when you accept the bow it burns (magically) a brand onto you hand, I think... Really cheesy, but I was desperate for fantasy back then...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  00:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The efficacy of Crow's bow is yet another demonstration of the mighty power of stock footage.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000