Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 New Shining South Campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bladedancer
Learned Scribe

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  20:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Bladedancer's Homepage Send Bladedancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
With the Menzoberranzan campaign I have been dming winding down. I have the chance to take a break from dming and letting one my players take up the reins as dm. He has decided to run a campaign in the Shining South with our adventuring group based out of Dambrath home to scourge wielding half-drow priestesses and an enslaved human population.

He hasn't gave us much more details than that. He said he wants to build the campaign around our characters as opposed to building our characters around the campaign. So I have been thinking of what to roll up as a character. I would like to ask your opinions on what would be an interesting concept in your minds.

Here is all I know about the campaign as far as what we can roll up
1. Any +1 or lower LA race (within reason)
2. we are starting at 4th level (low enough to still be able to be able to plot out or character path but high enough not to be killed by a halfling adolecent with a lucky throw with a skip rock)
3. We are encouraged to make a diverse group as far as classes go as to be balanced (there will be six to seven of us depending on whether a really great player who I have played with for over ten years decides to join us or not)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Solarr Bladedancer
Mercenary For Hire
Master of the Ginsu Knives
They Slice They Dice They Will Cut through A Tin Can

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  07:11:06  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Catfolk from races of the wild. IMO perfect for a shining south campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  12:31:06  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I woud go for a thri-kreen. I always liked this rather strange race. You should check it out in the Shining South sourcebook.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  17:57:32  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thri kreen would rock. plus you could let me draw your character for ya. hahah

If not the Thri, then go with a Wild Elf from the Matar Forest. Like little Tarzan.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2006 :  20:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wild Drawf from Chult that have been captured by a Dambrath expediction and Shipwercked on the way back :P

Else, maybe Refugee Halruaan Sorcerer that fled the magehounds because he was 'a danger to magic'

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  15:34:29  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could be a good half-drow ranger who rebels aga...er, never mind

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Bladedancer
Learned Scribe

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  16:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Bladedancer's Homepage Send Bladedancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the ideas folks I am now torn between a Vhaerunite Crinti noble on the run for his heritical beliefs that is acleric/thief or a Thri-Kreen fighter or thief specialized in throwing Chatchka (those cystaline throwing wedges.) Also I would love it ya could draw up one of these guys for me Lucian your drawings are excellent.

Solarr Bladedancer
Mercenary For Hire
Master of the Ginsu Knives
They Slice They Dice They Will Cut through A Tin Can
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  18:22:26  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol Sure thing. Pick one (thri kreen!!) and whichever you pick (Thri Kreen) just go ahead and PM me with the following details of whichever you choose (THRI KREEN!)
Well if you don't do a Thri kreen and go with the Vhaeraunite..i'll need:

Eye color, hair color, height , Build (slim, fat, etc) any tattoos showing, armor type, jewlery showing, etc. Just get as descriptive as possible.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000