Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Frostfell - Chapters 27 - 32 (Finale)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Trizzt08
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  10:44:14  Show Profile  Visit Trizzt08's Homepage Send Trizzt08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very Good book. It'd be nice to see them in another book sometime. Great stuff man keep up the good work

My god says you can't do that
Go to Top of Page

Mark S.
Forgotten Realms Author

60 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2007 :  17:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Mark S.'s Homepage Send Mark S. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trizzt08

Very Good book. It'd be nice to see them in another book sometime. Great stuff man keep up the good work

Thanks for the kind words.

Two of the characters from FROSTFELL make an appearance in my REALMS OF WAR short story.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2007 :  00:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark S.

quote:

Two of the characters from FROSTFELL make an appearance in my REALMS OF WAR short story.

It will be nice to see characters from this book again.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2007 :  00:49:21  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I really enjoyed the book, so its good to hear that the characters will be back in some capacity . . . thanks for the heads up.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  21:33:14  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other than Blackstaff, this was the only book in the wizards series that totally captured me while I was reading it.

Kudos for an excellent book.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2008 :  18:35:00  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've wanted to read the book since I saw the cover, and I'm glad it lived up to the expectations. It's so nice when a new author (or an experienced author, I'm not picky) actually does his homework, and it's especially nice when they then just blend it in. The way the Tuigan were handled, the introduction of a new lythari culture, the hints of fallen empires, it was all nicely handled. I agree with whoever said above that game elements were blended in nicely so that they didn't hit you over the head with them.

It took me a while to decide what I thought about the flowering tree scene, since it at first seemed like a blatantly obvious Return of the King rip-off. I think the reason I finally decided I didn't mind was the hag character that played off the tree in the scene was so completely different from anything in Tolkien that it was ok. But if she'd been anyone else, I think I'd have disliked the scene greatly.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2008 :  18:36:29  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've wanted to read the book since I saw the cover, and I'm glad it lived up to the expectations. It's so nice when a new author (or an experienced author, I'm not picky) actually does his homework, and it's especially nice when they then just blend it in. The way the Tuigan were handled, the introduction of a new lythari culture, the hints of fallen empires, it was all nicely handled. I agree with whoever said above that game elements were blended in nicely so that they didn't hit you over the head with them.

It took me a while to decide what I thought about the flowering tree scene, since it at first seemed like a blatantly obvious Return of the King rip-off. I think the reason I finally decided I didn't mind was the hag character that played off the tree in the scene was so completely different from anything in Tolkien that it was ok. But if she'd been anyone else, I think I'd have disliked the scene greatly.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2009 :  18:11:45  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Besshalar

PPS. I wish you had put the phrasebook in the beginning because I didn't notice it until the end . :)

Duly noted. If it comes up again, I'll tell the editor.

Would just like to point out that Mark S. was true to his word here, as the phrasebook is at the beginning of "Sentinelspire".

KUDOS and as well Frostfell was an excellent read. Am enjoying Sentinelspire 80 pages in so far also.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2010 :  07:19:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

A nice book. I had fun reading it! It's good to see how a lesser wizard can still manage to rise above an impasse, with seemingly insufficient magic on hand, facing villains almost as old as time.

I have a question, Mark. I find that hag who sucked fish bones and wanted to eat the humans quite mysterious and interesting. Is she your own creation? Did she appear in other books? Why is she afraid of the belkagen? Can you tell me more about her?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000