Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What do we know about Sheveresh?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Horatio
Seeker

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  16:30:43  Show Profile  Visit Horatio's Homepage Send Horatio a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I understand it's a Forgotten Realm's deity... yet there are only 4 Google results... if anyone can shed some light about who is Sheveresh (or what his portfolio is), I'd appreciate it...

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  17:02:44  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
his story is in the 2E DEMIHUMAN DEITIES book

offhand...basically he was a mortal wood elf from Tangletrees/Cormanthor whose family was butchered by the drow so he dedicated his whole life (elven lifespan) to destroy the drow...and when he died that elf god of outcasts sponsered his godhood and he became the elven god of revenge and the war against Lolth and the drow

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  17:17:29  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also info on him in Faiths and Pantheons. He swore to not smile again until all drow were destroyed. There's a nice short story about his worshipers in Realms of the Elves.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  18:20:57  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also more recently he appeared to sweare off killing Eilistraee Drow. No there is not that much lore about him.

You will find a little more lore if you use Sheverash for search.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  23:32:36  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hehe i just asked about him recently and learned some stuff!...how coincidently...yeah....elven god of revenge...hates drow...alot...followers of him devout there lives to destroying drow...etc etc..

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  00:01:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horatio

I understand it's a Forgotten Realm's deity... yet there are only 4 Google results... if anyone can shed some light about who is Sheveresh (or what his portfolio is), I'd appreciate it...

Demihuman Deities and Faiths & Patheons are the two main sources.

There's a few tidbits in Monster Mythology and On Hallowed Ground as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

TobyKikami
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  14:02:16  Show Profile  Visit TobyKikami's Homepage Send TobyKikami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Also more recently he appeared to sweare off killing Eilistraee Drow. No there is not that much lore about him.

You will find a little more lore if you use Sheverash for search.

And a bit more if you use "Shevarash," I expect.

I believe there's also a bit on him in Weapons of Legacy - last I checked, you could get said bit on the Wizards website.
Go to Top of Page

Horatio
Seeker

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  18:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Horatio's Homepage Send Horatio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the late reply, I just wanted to say thanks for all the replies :)
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  13:01:28  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was reading Demihuman Deities recently, it says that Shevarash has been finding comfort in the teachings of Shar lately and this concerns the rest of the Seldarine... I found this very interesting... This info also appears in the latest Candlekeep Compendium. I love the articles on Shaundakul...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  13:34:28  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shevarash: God of hatred of the drow, loss, crusades, vengeance

Strang not much info ot this ?

http://www.nwncityofarabel.com/gods/SHEVARASH.htm
http://myth-drannor.net/DlabraddathNet/z-semberholm/Selderine/shevarash.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other oficial
Shevarash is the elven deity of revenge and hatred of the drow. Once, he was a mortal elf, famous as one of the finest archers in the world. When drow raiders attacked his village and slaughtered his family, Shevarash foreswore his former life, vowing to never rest until the drow were purged from the world. Shevarash slew many dark elves, gaining infamy as the "Black Archer" in drow folklore, before he was finally captured and slain. Upon Shevarash's death, Corellon Larethian granted him the spark of the divine, transforming him into a minor deity.

Taken form here
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050701a&page=3

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 08 Dec 2006 13:35:14
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  16:15:51  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd slipped some of his history into the timeline for CORMANTHYR as well; I believe there's an illo by Jeff Easley of Shevarash in that same book.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  20:32:13  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... and to add something novel'ish, Realms of the Elves, the anthology-companion of the Last Mythal series, has a pretty neat short story on followers of him as well. Much like I envisaged them Shevarashans ...

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 08 Dec 2006 20:32:48
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  20:56:43  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

I was reading Demihuman Deities recently, it says that Shevarash has been finding comfort in the teachings of Shar lately and this concerns the rest of the Seldarine... I found this very interesting... This info also appears in the latest Candlekeep Compendium. I love the articles on Shaundakul...

Hello-

I'm glad you like the articles about Shaundakul! I dug up that little bit of lore while doing my research - and decided to include it there.

In light of recent novel developments - it might me interesting to see how both of these gods develop and change going forward.

I hope that you are enjoying the entire contents of the Compendiums too! If you would like - I'm sure all of the scribes for the Compendiums would Love to hear your feedback on the Compendium scroll:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3983

We are always looking for feedback to let us better know what people are liking and/or what they will be using or have used in their own games. :)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000