Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elven Netbook Project
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  11:44:28  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Fellow FR scribes, loremasters and enthusiasts, what do you think about this, also I'm asking how much of the book should be homebrew, and how much from official sources, we're trying not to break any © rules (considering your great experience with Candlekeep Compendiums)?

What are your opinions?

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=732165

Choices:

I can''t wait to join in
We need something like that, good luck
It''s ok until something official releases
I don''''t care about ''''tree-huggers''''
I think it''s too ambitious
You should leave this to experts
Where did you get the nerve ... amaters ....
Other opinions

(Anonymous Vote)

Edited by - Marc on 28 Apr 2008 20:13:12

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  12:27:24  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was tempted to choose the 'I don't care about "tree-huggers"' option being a half-orcan brute n all but then I noticed the bigger image of this product - no more flippin through cart loads of books for some info on elves - just one book containing all I need.

Good luck and the blessing of the Seldarin!

I would like to help but I do not have time or the proper knowledge of elves, so I leave this to the willing and knowledgeable out there, and I am sure there are more than a few.

Make sure to let me know how you fare.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  12:55:40  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted other optiones since I'm already a member :P

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  05:42:06  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Thanks, Jiggawha. Yes, anyone who wants to join the project can:

E-Mail me (Dagnirion@AOL.com)
Send me a message, over here at the 'Keep
Send me a PM over at the WotC Boards (Lord Karsus)

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  05:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
minor question ... do you remember all the 8 actknowlegded elven races (wheras Races of Faerun forgets Starelf)?

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  06:19:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

minor question ... do you remember all the 8 actknowlegded elven races (wheras Races of Faerun forgets Starelf)?

Races of Faerūn doesn't forget the Star Elves. The Star Elves were invented after that tome was printed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  11:26:44  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes we cover all existing sources, even the desert type

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  20:34:55  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Come on...Anyone want to join the cause?

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 20 Nov 2006 20:35:35
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  20:57:25  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Come on...Anyone want to join the cause?

There are plenty of things to cover yet

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2006 :  22:45:56  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to make a contribution, the more knowedge the better.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2006 :  23:01:55  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great, then sign up and check available issues here http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=732165 (or you can suggest your own)

I'm currently adapting some NPCs http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=738971 and writing about wild elves

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  01:02:53  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

I would like to make a contribution, the more knowedge the better.

-Send me a PM, either here, or at the WotC Boards (Preferable). There, I'm Lord Karsus. I'm looking forward to having you aboard! Tell your friends...

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  12:53:35  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maruluthu Mistrivvin

quote:

Yes we cover all existing sources, even the desert type

Are you aware of the Rockseer Elves from the boxed set "Night Below"?
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  14:49:42  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm aware, it's a classic after all

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2006 :  15:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alemorikec
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2008 :  20:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Alemorikec's Homepage Send Alemorikec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um, can someone or many someones help me, I'm planning on celebrating Lateu'quor,the Forest Communion of the Crescent Moon.
Yup... I play a Sun Elf Priest of Corellon, big shoes to fill, and not much known knowlege.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2008 :  22:33:37  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Out of time.. but i voted We need something like that, good luck

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2008 :  01:16:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alemorikec

Um, can someone or many someones help me, I'm planning on celebrating Lateu'quor,the Forest Communion of the Crescent Moon.
Yup... I play a Sun Elf Priest of Corellon, big shoes to fill, and not much known knowlege.
There's a brief bit in Corellon's entry of Demihuman Deities. Though, aside from that, I don't immediately recall too much detail being published for the Communion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2008 :  02:52:35  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good idea...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2008 :  16:39:56  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alemorikec

-On the actual celebrations and services and whatnot, there is nothing written that I know of. So, concerning this, you are on your own.

-But, whatever you do, let me know, and I'll see if I can incorporate it into things, since there is a big 'ol gap in information here, and one of the goals, asides for compiling as much as possible, is to fill in gaps.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2008 :  17:26:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To add my two cents - this offers you the unique opportunity to add to the body of 'unofficial' FR lore, Maruluthu.

You figure out all the details, and then post them here, and whatever you come up with gets added to the Netbook project - its a win-win situation.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Apr 2008 18:00:55
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2008 :  20:15:07  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
old thread, haven't contributed much ...

and we thought this is only temporary until they release the official book in the Year of the Risen Elfkin, silly us

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2008 :  16:09:02  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maruluthu Mistrivvin

old thread, haven't contributed much ...

and we thought this is only temporary until they release the official book in the Year of the Risen Elfkin, silly us

-I knew from the start that there would never be an actual, official book...I don't think I ever claimed otherwise.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Elestar
Acolyte

Hungary
27 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2008 :  20:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Elestar's Homepage Send Elestar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We need something like that, good luck! :)

Player characers' descriptions
are liked in my Profile

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
#8194;H o u s e #8194; E l e s t a r#8195;
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  08:55:37  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the more knowledge on Elves there is the better. Blessings of the Seldarine be upon you.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  14:20:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having attributed a few things into this project a while back, I'd like to see it all combined into one PDF (if it hasn't already been done).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  15:42:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see a LOT of it canonized (and not just because I contributed).

If they take stuff like this, and the CkC's (and a couple of other peoples Netbooks around here), they could have a lot of their work done for them, allow part of the fanbase to actively contribute to the setting (as the RPGA were), and also toss a little money our way for our efforts (not much - it wouldn't even have to be 'the going rate' - more like a token of their appreciation).

Unlike what was going on with the RPGA, they could pick and choose what they want - single-out specific articles (or entire netbooks), and either give the author directives on what needs to be 'fixed', or do the re-writes themselves (giving 'based on' credit to the original author).

The sponsorship models appears to work (people pay to contribute! ), and if they take something like that, and make it more accessible (like I said, don't charge, but also don't necessarily give anything away, either), I think this would be a win-win. In fact, they have already done this on a smaller scale, with Brian and others (harvesting both scribes and lore from us).

And more contests like Eriks - that's pure win. Paizo (not to keep bringing them up, but their business model seems to be working) does this. Instead of 'customers', they have established more of a 'co-contributors' relationship with their fans.

Anyhow, there were quite a few projects going on over at the WotC boards, and it would be a damn shame to just let all of that go to waste. I know I wouldn't mind doing an Utter East netbook (finally!) if I had a little incentive. The research part of it is all done (and fortunately still there, on the web, and not on my burned-up hard drive.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 26 Jan 2012 15:43:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000