Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Awed by the hallowed halls of Candlekeep...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  23:16:33  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is that a suitable and sage thing to say? Oh well...I suppose 'twould be obvious that I am an 'acolyte' or somesuch nonsense. I feel perfectly at home...Although I'll now sound a might cheesy, going around and speaking drow or rambling about faerie dragons. Now people will know what I'm talking about! (The horror, the horror...)I never thought I'd enter Candlekeep...Well, except for when it's overrun by dopplegangers or somesuch, but what fun's that? Anyway, hello!

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  23:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to you and welcome!

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  23:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, thank you, thank you! I am bubbling with giddy and immature ecstacy! I almost want to shriek!(Many wonder why girls always do that...How should I know? We're notorious for erratic behavior!) So...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  00:32:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Thy name... Did you come up with it yourself, or did you borrow the name of the Queen of Elvandar? (If it's the latter, I may start calling you "Shining Moon" )

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  01:23:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Aglaranna, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Here you will find many curious questions pertaining to the extensive Realmslore of the FR setting. As well, you will also discover many fantastic answers -- some of which have even been generously provided by the Great Sages of the Realms themselves.

So please, take a look around. If you feel the need to ask a question, or to merely discuss some element of the Realmslore, then simply find the appropriate place or shelf within the library and open a scroll. One of our many knowledgeable scribes, the dedicated staff of Candlekeep, or even a visitor to these halls, will always be happy to assist you in learning more about the Realms.

See you in the library.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  01:25:25  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, you'll quickly learn that Wooly is the most michievious space hamster in the world, but also one of the most helpful space hamsters to talk to about the Realms.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  01:37:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How many space hampsters have you seen wandering around WM . . . we may have an infestation (can Wooly gate in other space hampsters)?

Welcome aboard Aglaranna, hope that we see you around the keep often!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  08:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Aglaranna

Welcome to Candlekeep. Please, take a seat and tell us of thy travels. Feel free to take a look around, for there are many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore herein and many scribes to aid thee in thy quest for knowledge

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  13:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there was supposed to be only one Wolly Rupert...for the sake of the whole multiverse

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  13:41:42  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep.

As for Faerie Dragons, In Evermeet there are plenty of them, some of my coleagues in the Tower of Sun & Moon (may Lolth take you to her hell Kymil Nimesin for destroying the place where I became a Wizard) have Faerie Dragons as familiars.

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  16:57:27  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep Aglaranna.

And although Wooly is indeed unique, there are plenty of space hamsters of the lesser kind lurking around these halls. Most notorious of these are the Empty Space Hamsters lining up near the bars screaming their orders.

Jorkens, one of the occasional strange ones (and runner up in the Candlekeep contest of bad jokes)
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  19:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome to Candlekeep.

May Ogma be with you, in your seeking knowledge

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  22:26:35  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow? Fearie dragons? What is she talking about, fellows?

Anyhow, most warm and friendly welcome to you, dear Aglaranna!
May Our Lady of the Forest smile upon thee and may the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known always grant thou His blessings.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  23:35:31  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*stifles giggles* And I wondered why I liked it here so much! I've been a Realms explorer since I was five, and this is just lovely! Space hamsters, you say? I've only met one, but he was a Miniture Giant Space Hamster. Nothing so novel and normality! To answer your question, O Unique Wooly Rupert, Butt Of The Jests Of The Denizens Of Candlekeep, indeed, I've held this name for years and no one's taken notice...Nice to have my unimaginativeness appreaciated once and awhile, but not too often. I have a reputation to uphold, you see, for being a Weirdo Extraordinaire, in which case no one is to understand me...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  00:02:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the first fantasy novels I ever read was Magician: Master. And Feist remains one of my fave authors... So the name was immediately noticable to me.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  00:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Lol, I read Magician when I was eight, progressed through the Serpentwar sage by ten, and here I am, seemingly centuries later, and I'm still stuck on whether or not there is magic and which is better, apples or oranges? Ah, the meanings of life...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  09:30:17  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aglaranna

Yay! Lol, I read Magician when I was eight, progressed through the Serpentwar sage by ten, and here I am, seemingly centuries later, and I'm still stuck on whether or not there is magic and which is better, apples or oranges? Ah, the meanings of life...

Hearing this, I believe you have come to the right place than, indeed, for you will find more of your kind in this halls most certainly!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  14:59:48  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*bows theatrically* Indeed, indeed, after long and tedious searching, and getting kicked off various sites(especially one for the Baldur's Gate gaming saga; those people really need to lighten up! I like making random, inane comments, you know...)I have found I quite like it here. SO YOUR NOT GETTING RID OF ME!! BWHAHAHA! No, just kidding. I'll try not to blow anything up.

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  17:37:35  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you know what they say, you play with oil of impact, your bound to blown up. so i guess id just advise you to not play with any impact oil and we should all be fine lol

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  00:01:32  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, that sounds like fun...But like the good Doctor said, "Life is a gingerbread house; you're tempted in all directions, but within is the witch and her pretty oven." Oil of Impact(way up there with Oil of Speed, naturally, which will kill you if you get a steady died, but doesn't quite match the explosion) is just the chocolate lining the gingerbread mailbox...Mm...I do love chocolate...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

acro
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  19:34:17  Show Profile Send acro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Aglaranna, and welcome to candlekeep. Refer to the many sages(authors and game designers) you may find here in these all hallowed halls of candlekeep. Have a great time.

Bring out those dusty tomes to be copied.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000