Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Your Party
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2007 :  01:39:57  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

We've got a new campaign coming up that I am DMing, but the party is interesting. There is a half-minotaur paladin of the Red Knight, a fire-genasi Disciple of the Phoenix, and a catfolk bard/rogue. I didn't realize how strange the group was until I just typed it up.

you needed to type that out to see how strange it was? Its very odd. Good luck to them getting a room at the inn.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2007 :  02:18:06  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:

We've got a new campaign coming up that I am DMing, but the party is interesting. There is a half-minotaur paladin of the Red Knight, a fire-genasi Disciple of the Phoenix, and a catfolk bard/rogue. I didn't realize how strange the group was until I just typed it up.

you needed to type that out to see how strange it was? Its very odd. Good luck to them getting a room at the inn.

Weird huh? As they each talked to me about their characters (and reading sirreus' 52 page backstory for his half-minotaur) they made so much sense individually it just didn't "click" that this was a strange group.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Aewrik
Learned Scribe

80 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2007 :  02:31:00  Show Profile Send Aewrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Weird huh? As they each talked to me about their characters (and reading sirreus' 52 page backstory for his half-minotaur) they made so much sense individually it just didn't "click" that this was a strange group.

We both fell into the same trap, it seems. I even helped them create their bios...
As long as the group works well together and can stand getting hunted by mobs from time to time, there shouldn't be a problem.
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  11:12:46  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage  Click to see boddynock's MSN Messenger address Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you can see the axe as an NPC who is constantly with the party members. The axe has it own goals and motives and the players have to remind that he is no ordinary axe. He has special powers that he can manifest when he desires it. The axe is played by myself the game master. :)

Yesterday I also got fantastic news. My cousin jarno, who played Emnarii Nickelbick and left the group because of his studies is back again. He will take a new player character because the party moved to far from where they left Emnarii. I'm happy he is back again :)
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1792 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2007 :  17:47:18  Show Profile  Click to see Purple Dragon Knight's MSN Messenger address Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

UPDATED
quote:

quote:

Campaign 1 (Forgotten Realms): DM = Me
Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin2
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger13/Rogue1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard13
Player 4: Gerbo Stumbleduck, male rock gnome Cleric3(GarlGlittergold)/Wizard3/MysticTheurge7
Player 5: Diago Di'Alamoberto, male Tethyrian human (recently reincarnated as kobold) Rogue4/Swashbuckler3/Duelist6 (DIAGO DECEASED AS OF YESTERDAY -- Player thinking about a Techsmith for his next character, thoughts?)

Here's an update on these fellows:

Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin3/AwakeningPower1
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger15/Rogue1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard5/Ninja2/SpellwarpSniper5/AbjurantChampion3/UnseenSeer1
Player 4: Kargon, male human (Chultan) Barbarian2/Fighter4/FrenziedBerserker9
Player 5: Alden Flackenstroussen, male rock gnome Cleric7(Nebelun)/Techsmith8

Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin3/AwakeningPower3
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger17/Rogue1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard5/Ninja2/SpellwarpSniper5/AbjurantChampion5/UnseenSeer1
Player 4: Kargon, male human (Chultan) Barbarian2/Fighter4/FrenziedBerserker10
Player 5: Alden Flackenstroussen, male rock gnome Cleric7(Nebelun)/Techsmith9

Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin3/AwakeningPower4
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger17/Rogue1/Scout1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard5/Ninja2/SpellwarpSniper5/AbjurantChampion5/UnseenSeer2
Player 4: Kargon, male human (Chultan) Barbarian2/Fighter4/FrenziedBerserker10 -> Died in battle against a Cornugon...
Player 5: Alden Flackenstroussen, male rock gnome Cleric8(Nebelun)/Techsmith10
Go to Top of Page

RIMV
Seeker

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  17:23:30  Show Profile  Visit RIMV's Homepage Send RIMV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the game I am running right now we have 6 characters, 4 of which are players. My game is set in the Moonsea North and they have not and probably won't have an adventuring name.

Well, without further ado, we have:

Alana (NPC)- N Female Human Rogue 5; just going to be a Rogue

Braccas (Player) - NG Male Lightfoot Halfling Favored Soul of Mystra 3/Warmage 2; going towards Mystic Theurge

Claudia Brightdawn (NPC) - NG Female Human Cleric 5 [Lathander]; going towards Morninglord of Lathander

Drakar (Player) - NE Male Human Fighter 3/Rogue 2; going towards assassin (the cleric is unaware of this and his alignment at this time, although recent actions are making her question his motivations)

Marius Eli-Torith Harkonnen (Player) - N Male Human Rogue 3/Wizard 2; he was going for Arcane Trickster, but recently died and is now thinking of playing a Blood Magus

Paska (Player) - CN Male Gold Dwarf Barbarian 5; going towards Frenzied Berserker last I know of, he might have changed his minds since last session.

Edited by - RIMV on 31 Oct 2007 17:27:26
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  05:02:19  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage  Click to see IngoDjan's MSN Messenger address Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Shade wizard, a female human barbarian of Black Haven, a Fey´Ri Paladin, a Hound Archon, a Avariel Druid, a Rock Gnome Bard, a Human-Half Celestial Privileged, a female Wood Elf fighter, a Tiefling Rogue.
This is my party. For sure, a very mixed one.

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Learned Scribe

254 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  11:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Eldacar's Homepage  Click to see Eldacar's MSN Messenger address Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently?

*checks*

- Male Half-Elf Wizard 9/Spellfire Channeler 10/Monk 2 (just recently became a Chosen of Mystra)
- Female Human Fighter 5 / Knight of the Weave 10
- Male Half-Elf Bard 7 / Harper Mage 5 / Master Harper 5
- Male Human Half-Celestial Ranger 3 / Paladin of Torm 4 / Triadic Knight 7
- Male Half-Elf Druid 16

The Chosen is the one who's been around for the longest. The Harper would be on par in time spent, but he was away for a while, and it was ruled that he'd been promoted and spent quite some time doing Harper business (thus he was boosted slightly and received the Master Harper levels when he rejoined). The Knight of the Weave is the newest character (would have arrived about when the rest of them got to... level 12?). The Druid and Triadic Knight are roughly equal. The levels aren't really indicative of everything, though, since they've been subject to a few rituals and such, including Wish spells.

They're just arriving in Cormyr now, following the trail of a number of Harper murders.

"It always ends. That's what gives it value." ~Death of the Endless
Go to Top of Page

Iliyan
Seeker

Croatia
42 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  10:24:42  Show Profile  Visit Iliyan's Homepage Send Iliyan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarven Cleric 12 of Moradin ( Me, Currently trapped in Chad Nessad)
Human Fighter 13, Consort of a Succubus, Sold His Soul for a +2 Brilliant Energy Axiomatic Bastard Sword ( Also trapped in Chad Nessad, by my side)
Halfling Rogue 12/Shadowdancer 2 (Currently under effects of Polymorph Any Object( due to being violated by a Aboleth... that hurt), also in the underdark, looking for the 2 above suckers who failed their reflex saves...)
Human Paladin 12 of Heironeous ( Also in the underdark, worrying about the fate of the world and his own arse)

Well, thats about it, fun times :D
Go to Top of Page

TheLemming
Seeker

Austria
16 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  12:15:55  Show Profile  Visit TheLemming's Homepage  Send TheLemming an ICQ Message Send TheLemming a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our current group has just arrived in Baldur's Gate and was in a quite famous inn between Candlekeep and BT.
It consists of

Rei Malie Half-elf (female) Monk4 / Sorcerer5
Vadania Half-elf (female) Druid9
Sharyl Elf (female) Rogue4 / Sorcerer5
.... Gnome (male) WizardX
Soinius Halfling (male) Cleric of Brandobaris9 my character as player
and probably
Tiefling (female) (WizardX / FighterY / PrC) - played by our current DM when we switch places.

I just don't remember one of the character names as the gnome-wizard was very new and does not share a common background.

The group is quite powerful working their way up the swordcoast and soon to the Moonshae Isles.
Go to Top of Page

Slaygrim
Learned Scribe

111 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  20:14:44  Show Profile  Visit Slaygrim's Homepage Send Slaygrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Party: 11th Level

Kaeverik - CG Human Male Cleric of Mystra/Wizard/Mystic Theurge
Donan Kennelsbane - CG Human Male Warlock
Shrapna Nogginknocker - NG Shield Dwarf Male Cleric of Moradin
Grimnar Nogginknocker - LN Shield Dwarf Male Fighter/Battlesmith
Grimnor Nogginknocker - LN Shield Dwarf Male Fighter/Dwarven Defender

Grimnar and Grimnor are twins with the Thunder Twin feat. Shrapna is their older and more devout brother who is the leader of the brothers. They were named the "Trigon Brigade" during the wars with King Obould and hail from Citidel Adbar. They have since left Adbar, renouncing their loyalty after the Nations of the North signed a treaty with Obould allowing him to establish his Kingdom, something they feel is truly wrong. They joined up with Kaeverik and Donan recently.

Watch my gorgeous wife sing at:
www.youtube.com/Airicx

Edited by - Slaygrim on 27 Feb 2008 20:15:58
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  23:40:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Nogginknocker brothers? *chuckles* Now there's a name that's truly Salvatorian.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  17:54:40  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaygrim

Party: 11th Level

Kaeverik - CG Human Male Cleric of Mystra/Wizard/Mystic Theurge
Donan Kennelsbane - CG Human Male Warlock
Shrapna Nogginknocker - NG Shield Dwarf Male Cleric of Moradin
Grimnar Nogginknocker - LN Shield Dwarf Male Fighter/Battlesmith
Grimnor Nogginknocker - LN Shield Dwarf Male Fighter/Dwarven Defender

Warlochs kill everything in a sustained battle.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_dk
Acolyte

Denmark
13 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  04:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Ghost_dk's Homepage Send Ghost_dk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I will be starting a new group in 3 weeks that should become interesting.

I will be running the Northern Journey with lots of in-between scenarios, using the new pathfinder slow xp chart.
The group will start in waterdeep at a in owned and operated by the previous group who are now lvl 15 and taking a break.

Anyway the family dwarf clans theme seems to be in at the moment because there is actually a grop og dwarf triplets in the mix.
I play with dreamdwarf being a blessing/curse that can affect all dwarfs so the dreamdwarf is the sister of the 2 shield dwarfs.

Kara Duermek, Female Dreamdwarf cleric of Moradin
Delric Duermek, Male Shield-Dwarf Fighter
Ararn Durmek, Male Shield-Dwarf Rogue
Eldon Smallfoot, Male Halfling Dragonborn Sorcerer
Fodel Marsk, Male Human(Damaran) Crusader
Shandri, Female Human(Waterdeep) Bard

The group played together for the past 3 years and I look very much forward to GM them(switched with the ast GM who is now the Dwarf rogue). I'll make an attempt at writing up the group adventures and posting them here for those who are interested in other groups exploits.

Sure you can see through a Ghost. Guess I'm the exeption to that rule.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1755 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2008 :  21:22:42  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
7th level (some members were 23rd, but the campaign ending was strange, my character was split in two by some curse, had to break an oath, ghost elf then went on his own)

Iorel Def, male chaotic nathri Rogue. Anarchist (PS faction), devised many subtle ways of killing (poisonous barb), wild psionic talent (ethereal) etc. Into philosophy, sees multiverse as an ultimate tyrant ... I play this one, was also half-ghost elf from the Spirit world (ethereal plane)

Forestroot, no gender good adu'ja Arcanist (shaman/druid/conjurer/spirit channeler), ancient being, remembers his past incarnations

Lul (surname? complicated), male without alignment kamerel Warrior (not fighter, more like swordsage, some psionic talents), heretical member of the Transcendent order, drug addict (entheogens), dual(?) personality, has a spine made of pure force (in one adventure was removed cause some horrible spirit creature was ''hooked'' on his chakras)

Ivyonne (shortened, ya know draconic names), female without alignment faerie dragon (was chiang lung in her past life) Arcanist (charm magic, illusions, has enchanted scales that activate after meditation, know secret draconic words, can shapechange into oriental spirit folk), mysterious creature, deceitful, charming, possessive about her gems

Swarthy (nickname), male lawful gnome (planar) Arcanist (worships Deneir and Gond, ''Carmendine'' martial arts, untalented bard, party healer, has glowing glyphs around his head), very pragmatic, persistent person, often pessimistic (causes bad luck), workaholic

Edited by - Quale on 15 May 2008 08:16:56
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  21:35:43  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage  Click to see Sian's MSN Messenger address Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
started in a new group and a new campaign

as of yet

Thazudora Splendarrdauf (LG Shield Dwarven Fighter/Wizard 1/2) ... ME

Nim (can't remember last name), (NG Wood Elven Ranger/Druid 1/2)

Dexter Ironwood, (CG Human Rogue/Fighter 1/2, Dishonored nobleson)

Wilhem (no last name) (CG Human Rogue 3, former kitchen worker in Ironwoods Castle, able to win the prize as biggest coward, having used have the time in battle as of yet sitting in a corner hoping that the enimies didn't discover him, and fleeing from a traped door which we knew we had the right key for)

also going to have a cleric in the party but the player haven't been around yet so he isn't intoduced

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1079 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  14:19:35  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a joke I introduced our party for a king once in the beginning of our campaign, as A-Team, an for some reason it just stuck. People now know us a A-Team... which is a little corny especialy as it was never ment to be called that...

But as we never came up with a better name, our DM has used it ever sinse... So A-Team it is...
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  14:48:43  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

As a joke I introduced our party for a king once in the beginning of our campaign, as A-Team, an for some reason it just stuck. People now know us a A-Team... which is a little corny especialy as it was never ment to be called that...

But as we never came up with a better name, our DM has used it ever sinse... So A-Team it is...

Whose on the A-Team?

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1079 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  16:33:48  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"A-Team" consists of:

Melcar: lvl 15wiz/5 arcane avatar

Beregond: lvl 10 Pal/ 9 Lightbringer

Tristan: lvl 9Fgt/ 10 cleric

Wilhelm: lvl 10 cleric/8 exorcist

So we can sustain life for a very long time. Plus against undead we rule!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30295 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  17:45:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Whose on the A-Team?

I'd rather know who fills the positions of Hannibal, Face, Murdock, and BA Baracus.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1079 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  17:02:48  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He he...

We filled the possitions like this. I was the wizard, and because I was so inteligent, I took the role as Hannibal.

We had a rogue in the group at that time, who was face, because of disguise. Our now, fighter/cleric started of as fighter so natural he became BA. (Human 5'1" and always grumpy) He he... Then we had an archer who was always like doing these stupid and weird things.. Murduck... And we also had a Paladin... who was a knight, who always rode on his horse... so we also had "Knight Rider" (Name of horse= KITT) And every time he charged on his horse we played the theme song from the series... I was GREAT!!!

Melcar = Hannibal
Tristan= B.A.
Garret = Face
Wilhelm= Murduck
Beregond= Knight Rider

Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2008 :  03:47:43  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

The Nogginknocker brothers? *chuckles* Now there's a name that's truly Salvatorian.

Very true

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  23:15:59  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The party I'm currently in is based in the North, specifically in Silverymoon. We don't have a name, but we've been calling ourselves the Knights of Silver (Yes, we realize the city guard is called that already) due to the fact that we've constantly been involved with saving The North or Silverymoon in particular since we got here. Some of our adventures have been fighting a Balor and his minions - on the Abyss - for the Sword of Ages, facing off with a drow ruling house and their invading army, fighting a newly formed dracolich to prevent Sammaster of the Cult of the Dragon from being resurrected, facing Set himself and banishing him to his home plane, but not before he sends us to Sigil. We just left the Outlands of Sigil after taking place in one of the biggest battles any of us have ever heard of, let alone taken part in.
Anyway, here is the party.

Fleabus Gundarock - Male Dwarf N/G 16/16 Fighter/Cleric of Thor
Rensoverthierlos 'Renzo' - Male High Elf N/G 17th lvl Myrmidon (fighter)
Malaci Thornbird - Male half-elf C/N 17/9 Thief/Mage
Yasraena T'Sarran - Female Drow elf C/G 18/16 Fighter/Mage (Harper)
Daerrian Celevorn - Male high elf N/G 12th lvl Mage (Harper) 'henchman' to Yasraena

The we have the party from the game that my friend Shannon runs. Varied is an understatement.

Raxx - male C/G 10th lvl Minotaur (fighter)
Beren Snowmantle - Male high elf C/N 7/7 Thief/Mage
Jayselle Desann - Female half-elf C/G 7/7 Psion/Cleric of Sune
Jindall 'Oscar' Greenleaf - Male high elf C/N 14th lvl Mage

Raxx was a monster that had a spell cast on him that had his Int raised to 12 and is now Chaotic Good. He loves to eat live chickens; feather and all. Beren is a bitter but talented thief/mage on the run for killing his former guild master. Jayselle is a gorgeous half elf of 21 years who lives her life for Sune and happens to have some mental powers as well. Jindall is an almost decrepitly old high elf who used to be a fighter but inadvertently drank an aging potion that aged him 500 years. He took up magic as he couldn't lift his sword or don his armor anymore and is quite bitter about it. He constantly berates Raxx on his lack of fighting style and Jayselle about how she's just a child and knows nothing, etc, etc.
We have some interesting role playing let me tell you.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Riyoukaze
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2008 :  13:40:55  Show Profile  Visit Riyoukaze's Homepage  Send Riyoukaze an AOL message  Send Riyoukaze a Yahoo! Message Send Riyoukaze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all, hey guys :P I'm new around here, but so far it's a great place.

At the moment I'm playing a solo campaign, but to make up with it I've got characters coming out the windows (seven that I actually have stats for, so far). We're playing with the knowledge of all the campaign settings, so a few are Realms, some are Mystara, some Dragonlance, etc...

The "active" characters are combined my characters and my DM's... These ones are just mine, and I usually only have two at a time in a fighting party with another two of my DM's. Colt is the main heroine, so it just comes down to rotating the rest of them around her to keep their levels about the same. Luckily, the DM is always open for new characters since it's just the two of us, or else I think he'd have capped the amount I'm allowed to have by now...

Colt Ballard (female human Ranger, Realms)
Mélodie Ballard (female human Bard, Realms)
Seie Karpe (female human Sorceress, Sosaria)
Tavariel Ashsong (female elven Cleric, Mystara)
Dices (male human Wizard, Illusionist, Mystara)
Lake Everdawn (male half-elven Fighter, Mystara)
Morning Aamir (male human Fighter/Knight of the Crown, Dragonlance)
Coreyenthia Rosewind (female elven Druid, Realms)

Every so often, another friend will join a session, and he's got two characters kicking around for when he does: Rurik (dwarven Cleric) and Ryuka (something-or-other Sorcerer).

It's a full house ;P

Edited by - Riyoukaze on 12 Oct 2008 13:48:09
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2008 :  18:58:53  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't played in this group for awhile, but there's been talk of reviving our old 2e game...

Taliesinn the Bard (NG human male Bard, lvl 13)
Shadow-Walker (LG human male Rogue 4/Fighter 8 --formerly paladin of Torm) **mine**
Tori Wandwielder NG half-elf female Mage 11)
Jazzmin (NG elf female Fighter 6/Rogue 7 --w/Bounty Hunter kit)

Shadow-Walker, aka Walker, aka "The One-Hit-Point Wonder"
Started his career as an adventuring rogue (removing traps, scouting, etc --no thieving). Along the way, the party had an ugly run-in with a bunch of Banites who had stolen a relic from a local church of Torm. Impressed with his scrappiness, a paladin in the temple offered to train Walker in more noble ways of battling evil. Quests were assigned, monsters were fought, and he became a dual-classed character. After reaching 6th level paladin, moral quandries started popping up, and his bardic companion kind of talked him out of his paladinhood, reminding him that he used to be able to decide for himself what could be done and what needed to be done in the fight against evil. With some regrets, Walker took the easy way out one time too many and renounced his strict code of honor, becoming a fighter thereafter. However, he still remains lawful good and faithful to Torm.

Last adventure we had together, we had a guest DM... and I think I ruined him. He had an adventure set up where we started out on our way toward Waterdeep from Elturel. Several days into our trip, we were ambushed and robbed by Cult of the Dragon members who then beat us and left us for dead (allowing the DM to start us into his new adventure without equipment as he'd planned). Instead, without healing and with no more than 6 hit points each, we were nudged into heading back to Elturel. The bounty hunter refused to leave her magical daggers behind and Walker was determined to see some justice done. The bard was on board for finding the bad guys since it would make a great story (turns out he was right).

The bounty hunter was able to track the cultists back to their nearby lair, a well-fortified house on a cliff, surrounded by a wall and plenty of traps. Walker volunteered to scout inside being both stealthy and healthiest of the bunch. Deciding that the trapped areas would be too slow and visible under the watchful eye of three guard towers, he circled around and climbed up the cliffside in the rain --suffering penalties for wetness and injury* (which was tacked on as an added measure to deter the foolhardy plan). Reaching the top, he stealthily reached the top of the watchtower and dispatched the guard inside while unarmed. (This prompted a decision to start studying unarmed combat specialization with the next available weapon prof. slot which we never got around to). Taking the guard's short sword and dagger, he climbed back down and into the courtyard. He managed to sneak up on a pair of guard dogs and backstabbed one to death, then took 3 points of damage from the other's bite before he killed it. The brief commotion and dead dogs led to a search of the area, but Walker made his hide checks again and again. At one point, the DM decided that my dice might be too lucky and asked me to start rolling his... the exceptional rolls kept coming and I snuck into the house, past guards (keeping track of how many and what they were armed with for later), and avoided traps and alarms all the while. Searching several rooms, Walker found their treasure chamber... their stolen equipment and treasure taken from others along the road in similar fashion. A successful saving throw had him taking only half damage from a gas trap he'd failed to notice. Now, with one hit point left, he heard guards rushing toward the room. He found his invisible sword (+1, becomes briefly visible when it strikes --nothing else) and killed the half dozen guards he'd passed on his way through the house. He gathered up everyone's gear and used dust of disappearance the elf had in her belt pouch, then made his escape silently out the front door and back to his awaiting companions. A handful of healing potions were available, everyone got one and Walker got two. We stormed the compound and took the cultists by surprise even though they knew trouble was wandering about.

A practically naked rogue/fighter saved the day with only but a hit point left. Most of the game session was taken up by watching me slip in and retrieve our equipment, but no one felt left out... rather it became a cheering session all the way. My bold victories inspired the others and we attacked heedless of danger, almost losing one (the wizard) in the process. Then, we nearly crapped our pants when we charged through a basement doorway to an underground cavern where we saw a wizard standing next to a skeletal dragon. The dragon lifted its head at the wizard's beckoning, and we were offered a chance to flee. We took it only to later (after the game was over) find out the dragon hadn't yet been turned to unlife, but rather the wizard had an illusion spell handy.

The DM didn't want to kill us, he just wanted to scare us away because he'd improvised the whole thing and just didn't know what to do next. When asked what he had planned for next week, he said he didn't know... his original adventure plan required us starting without equipment and that was shot to hell. He asked for a couple weeks to come up with something else, but we never got back to it.

Sheer dumb luck is fun.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000