Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Your Party
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  20:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my games got a bit futher

LN Male Gnome Ranger 4 - mindset ... looking for goblins, kill goblins, looking for other things to kill, kill it cleanse/repeat
N (NG) Male Human (Comyrian) Warmage 4, - the only one with enough brains to even think about why stuff just seem to happen around them, and specialy their town
CN Female Human (Illuskan) Bard 2/Rouge 2, - well on the way to the mental ward due to a wipe of their hometown

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  00:12:19  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite campaign was The Griffon Claws:

Stephan "Stubbs" Mandrekken M 1/2 Elf Rang 5/Cleric 6
" Stubbs, being an archer, lost his arm to a grell's beak, and instead took up javelins, only because he wanted to stay in the back.

Pandorious Pinetree M Hum 10 Druid/shaper
"Suffered from agoraphobia, and became a urban druid. ( He stalked the park /festival area of the main city and protected it's city trees)

Josoph Mal Akeed "The Camel" Calishite Hum Rogue 6/ War 4
"Jo 'the Camel' (yes the player smokes) was a son of a wealthy textile merchant who freed a slave from his father. IN doing so, the chains that binded the slave, snapped and cut off one of Jo's little fingers. When he and Aravous the freed slave get into an arguement, Jo reminds Aravouse of his selfless deed by holding up his 4 digit hand and telling Aravous to talk to it.

Aravous Wanderstar M Moon Elf War 10/ Sor 1
"Aravous was a warrior who had been sold as a slave caravan to Josoph's father in Calimishan. Josoph freed Aravous but in turn, exiled himself due to his actions, and they were wanted for other 'crimes" added to his only actual crime of freeing a slave.

Archibol Barrassol M Moon Elf Mage 8/ Rogue 3
"Archie" had a terrible Lisp, except when he said the word "lisp" and when asked about it. he'd denied having a lisp. Comedy ensued..
"What are yew thinking, that idth have thith Lisp. You're aout of your mindths. There ith thnow on the ground, I think you have your earths frozen if yew hear thome lisp." He had a bad habit of flipping a coin around his fingers, and wore a strange poofy hat his 'father's father's second aunt removed's great niece gave him'.

They worked through most of the 2nd ed. modules and I got them converted into 3rd ed. but the group moved onto different characters by then.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."

Edited by - LucianBarasu on 28 Nov 2006 00:19:58
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2006 :  23:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

very cool, asgetrion and marquant. Thanks for the detail

You're welcome

I think this is a very cool thread - we all get to see what kind of campaigns the others are running, and perhaps it will inspire new ideas for everyone?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Walls
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2006 :  22:09:42  Show Profile  Visit Walls's Homepage Send Walls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool guys.

I need to get together with my old DM and figure out our old party. I know we had Reaver Firemoon, a super high level paladin and my guy, a high level ranger. Gotta remember the rest, even if 2ed.
Go to Top of Page

Walls
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  21:28:38  Show Profile  Visit Walls's Homepage Send Walls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently creating one, bandying about ideas...

Smithy Bouldersmash: a dwarven fighter who's path will likely go towards dwarven defender
Brother and Sister: Elf siblings who call themselves just that! Rangers likely, maybe ranger and druid, the current idea is to have both be archery type peeps.
Shadows: few ideas. One is a wizard that'll eventually go rogue. Who knows.
Maynard Wentwhistle: Halfling Fighter

Wow, how demi human of us.
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  02:11:06  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

quote:

very cool, asgetrion and marquant. Thanks for the detail

You're welcome

I think this is a very cool thread - we all get to see what kind of campaigns the others are running, and perhaps it will inspire new ideas for everyone?

That pretty much why I started it, plagarism

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen the Ex-Drow
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  02:35:30  Show Profile  Visit Ellen the Ex-Drow's Homepage Send Ellen the Ex-Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is my current party for the DnD group my friend Carrie runs:

Marak Grisham: Level 4 NG half-orc mage. Slightly neurotic but very sweet to other people. Is usually the one to keep the rest of the unruly party from killing each other. May or may not be developing a tentative friendship with...

Nesmet Ramas, level 3 LN Mulholrandi monk of Kelemvor. Complete OCD nutcase (dungeon crawls with him are a nightmare--he refuses to enter a room unless everyone else goes in first and freaks out about every little thing) with distinct BDSM tendencies. Is shorter than nearly everyone else in the all-female party and wears eyeliner constantly, thus provoking many jokes about his sexual orientation, mostly courtesy of...

Romsca Ikraam, level 3 CN Calimshite ranger. Abrasive, antisocial, paranoid wench whose motivations for travelling with the group are rather unclear since she seems to hate everyone's guts except for possibly Marak and...

Anyanka "Anka", level 2 LG tiefling cleric of Waukeen. Closely based on Anya of Buffy fame--perky, sweet, totally blunt and completely obsessed with everything money-related. Grew up in a demon plane and thus has occasional issues with understanding how the Prime works, but usually does OK with the rest of the group to help her along. And finally, the mysterious and as yet lastname-less...

Elizabeth, level 3 CE (possibly CN) human thief. Witty, pyromaniacal and possibly a serial arsonist/killer with a prison record, though no one's thought to ask her too closely since she joined fairly recently and doesn't seem too happy to share her tragic past.

And that there is my group. Is it not nifty? Worship the group.

"Hey, did you hear about that ancient Lovecraftian city they just discovered off New Zealand?"
"Really?"
"No, R'lyeh."
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2006 :  02:24:43  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may not worship them, but they seem like a fun, dysfunctional group

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen the Ex-Drow
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2006 :  17:15:50  Show Profile  Visit Ellen the Ex-Drow's Homepage Send Ellen the Ex-Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hee hee, I was just quoting Sluggy Freelance. But thanks.

"Hey, did you hear about that ancient Lovecraftian city they just discovered off New Zealand?"
"Really?"
"No, R'lyeh."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2006 :  17:56:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellen the Ex-Drow

quote:

Heh, another Sluggite, huh? Cool.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ellen the Ex-Drow
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  06:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Ellen the Ex-Drow's Homepage Send Ellen the Ex-Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Heh, another Sluggite, huh? Cool.

Yes, that's me! ^_^ And may I take it by your sig that you're a Baldur's Gate fan as well. This is joyous news...

"Really?"
"No, R'lyeh."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  09:03:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, that's me! ^_^ And may I take it by your sig that you're a Baldur's Gate fan as well. This is joyous news...

Nope, never played it. But I am a fan of the Spelljammer setting, which is where the concept of Giant Space Hamsters comes from.

Go to Top of Page

Ellen the Ex-Drow
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  20:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Ellen the Ex-Drow's Homepage Send Ellen the Ex-Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nope, never played it. But I am a fan of the Spelljammer setting, which is where the concept of Giant Space Hamsters comes from.

Oh, really? I never knew that. *makes a mental note to look into this*

"Really?"
"No, R'lyeh."
Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  23:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My present campaign is beginning late in the year of 1365 DR, and uses my previous "And Dragons Shall Rule..." campaign, which began in the same year, as a backdrop. The campign journal is to be found somewhere in this forum.

Anyway, the characters are all from Huthduth, a small keep/village on Cormyr's NW frontier; which was recently deserted by the Captain Dammanzle the Red who is believed to have been in leauge withg a doomsday cult that was involved in the killing of the King's men, and subsequently rooted out of Cormyr.

A new Captain has been sent from Eagle's Peak, carrying with it two Huthduthian natives, of young age, ie. late teens, but very familiar with the folk of Huthduth...

Darius: a LN fighter/myrmidan

Thairamor: a LG paladin of Torm (DMPC)

They have currently teamed up with some old friends from the area to investigate an oddball kobold-orc alliance that has been raiding outlying homesteads east of Huthduth. They are...

Thayn - a CG rogue-scout of a mere 12 winters who arrived home from a days hunting one fine day to find his family slaughtered and home torched by kobolds. While tracking the kobolds, he ran into their orc companions and killed two in a surprise revenge-ambush!!

Darwin - a CG rogue-scout that had been busying himself hunting down and collecting orc and kobold heads for the bounty that the new Captain of Huthduth had placed on them. He saved the revenge-blinded Thayn from overwhelming odds.

When Thayn and Darwin had been captured by the orcs and left tied up in a clearing that was filled with bones, presumably to be feasted on by some horrible monster, they were saved by an "orc"...

Dergung - this CG half-orc fighter's human mother died giving birth to him, and his father and fellow orcs have always called him "dergung", which is orchish for "poo, waste, excrement, garbage, shyte". His prescence was scornfully tolerated, and he was allowed to feed off of the refuse of the his fellow orcs but never accepted as one of them. He has at times engaged in succesful trade with humans, and is known as "Grunt" by his new human friends.

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  23:27:14  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Campaign 1 (Forgotten Realms): DM = Me
Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin2
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger13/Rogue1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard13
Player 4: Gerbo Stumbleduck, male rock gnome Cleric3(GarlGlittergold)/Wizard3/MysticTheurge7
Player 5: Diago Di'Alamoberto, male Tethyrian human (recently reincarnated as kobold) Rogue4/Swashbuckler3/Duelist6 (DIAGO DECEASED AS OF YESTERDAY -- Player thinking about a Techsmith for his next character, thoughts?)

Campaign 2 (Planescape): DM = Player 1 from Campaign 1
Player 1 = Me = Rondell Rivenstone, male rock gnome Bard 7
Player 2 = male thri-kreen Ranger 3
Player 3 = male tiefling Rogue3/Fighter3

Campaign 3 (Greyhawk): DM = Player 5 from Campaign 1
Player 1 = Me = Durgan Blackrock, male gnome Rogue1/Ranger1/Fighter1
Player 2 = Gunther, male dwarf Fighter1/Cleric2(Pelor)
Player 3 = Bob, male human Fighter3

Edited by - Purple Dragon Knight on 03 Jan 2007 23:28:40
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  00:19:44  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Campaign 1 (Forgotten Realms): I'm the DM

characters with an asterix behind there name are no longer playable by the players. 1 player left the party (in real live because of his studies), another one has a new character.

Guermundr(*): Guermundr was a glacier dwarven barbarian from a small dwarvencity on the frontier of the spine of the world. Wrongfully accusted of murder, he and his brother (and a friendly dwarf called Turikborsjt) fled the city to became adventurers. It was in the city of Everlund that the barbarian made contact with the other partymembers. Together they stopped the evil plans of Malark, an evil priest of cyric, and saved the citizens of Everlund. Later, when the party helped Turlang the treant in the High Forest, the thankfull treant revealed the location of a "water source of knowledge". After drinking, the characters can see the solution of a question .. but they can only see a glimp of the future, past or heden. Guermundr got a vision of bloodshed and slaughter. His hometown invaded by greenskins. With the help of his comrades Guermundr went to his clan back and revealed the dwarvenking to what he really is ... a bloodthirsty traitor. With the help of his friends, Guermundr defeated the green menace during a siege. After the war, the dwarven called Guermundr their true king. King Guermundr I.
(player detail: the player really enjoyed playing Guermundr, but he found it was better and more in Guermundr's character to stay in his hometown and rule their as a king)now he plays a grand new character :-). The player has also the misfortune to roll a critical miss 1 or 2 times in EVERY SESSION !! :-)

-Emnarrii Nickelbick (*): Emnarrii is the second character that stopped playing. Emnarrii is a female gnome bard from the Spiderhaunt woods. She wanted to see the world and leaved her community. In Everlund she found the other members of the party. After the party defeated Malark (who escaped and is plotting his revenge !), and they rescued a town of wood elves from slavedom in the hands of cult of the dragon members, Emnarrii was offered to became a member of the harpers. She accepted but after receiving the membership, Emnarrii became arrogant. She becan to bicker with the other party-members and she became unpopular. Only Grace and Guermundr (who secretly felt in love with her) could stand her behaviour. During their travels in the Evermoors (the party made a travel from Everlund to Luskan), Emnarrii died by the teeths of a Hydra. By performing an ancient ritual, the party members raised Emnarrii from the dead. She was gratefull indeed, but she was still an arrogant bitch :-). After the party defeated the greenskins at Guermundr's hometown, she deceided to stay with him. (not for Guermundr but her qualities as bard where apprecited by the dwarfs and she received a lot of gifts from her fans :-)

- Grace: Grace is a female aasimar sorcerer (played by a female player). She has a familiar .. a cat called Nicodemus. Grace is a young women who is raised by Ekoj, a Calashite women somewhere in the Dalelands. On a day she found the body of her mentor Ekoj who was slaughtered. Later it was revealed that her cousin Cedric was involved with the murder. Grace has difficulties to accept the possibility that her cousin is involved in the murder and is searching him to know the truth. After Ekoj's death Grace was visited by the spirit of her departed mentor. She can't summon Ekoj, but when there is trouble Ekoj is watching over her as a guardian angel. At the "water source of truth", Grace got a vision of her cousin Cedric on his way to Luskan, and of a glimp of the history of her mentor Ekoj. Ekoj was a concubinne of an evil pasha in Calimshan. When she escaped she lost her only son Haon. Now, is Grace not only looking after Cedric but also has the intentions to go to Calimshan. There she hopes to find Ekoj's son and to bring justice.

- Iskar: Iskar a bald (shaven) Elven Druid of Silvanus. Iskar is from Tethyr and his father was killed when Iskar was still a young elf. He only know a name of a man and a location in the city of Everlund that can learn him more of the reason why his father died. And so he met the other party members. Iskar's pet is a small scorpion. Iskar is man without a lot of words. He want to know the reason why his father is killed and to take his revenge.

- Evaryan: Evaryan is a moon elf psychic warrior and he hails from a small elven community in the High Forest. Evaryan is not the most charismatic person in the party but his love for an elven girl who's name he even doesn't know is so pure. It was before Evaryan's eyes that the girl dissappeared in a black hole. When he heard of strange dissapereances in Everlund he went to the city to find a clue that can lead him to his true love. At the source of truth he got a vision of his love, chained and crying for mercy in a hospitable place, filled with fire and brimstone. Evaryan believes that the girl of his live somewhere in the nine hells of Baator. If this is true ... I can't tell you :)

okey, after the departure of Emnarrii & Guermundr we have 2 new characters in the party. The only problem is that I can't tell you there names yet. (sorry those elven names aren't in my head yet ... I have to check their papers yet :)) I can tell you the following:

- Elven roque/fighter: this is the new character of the guy who played Guermundr. You can see this elf as a "jack sparrow-type" and yes he fight with a rapier. He is a lil' bit a lady-killer and during his live he got a lot of girls. The characters child is abducted a few years ago by an evil men called Malark (yes , here is the bastard again). Now he is looking after his son.

- The second character is the "jack sparrow-typ's halfbrother and he is a sorcerer. He is also an elf (of course) but he had to leave his town because he murdered someone. At least they say he murdered someone, because he can't remember anything what happened. This guy want to help his brother to find his child, and he want to know the truth about the murder.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenose
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  08:54:39  Show Profile  Visit Bluenose's Homepage Send Bluenose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The PnP group I’m part of has just started playing the Age of Worms Adventure Path. The person who wanted to DM it had been waiting for a hardback, but finally decided to give up on waiting and run it from the magazines. Normally we play on Sundays, but since he couldn’t make it last week we ran a short session on Tuesday evening. Beforehand, the DM had warned us that it was a very dangerous campaign and we should have a second PC prepared in case our main one died.

Our party was:

Ellowyn Willendt, a female human diviner, played by me. Obviously the best character in the party, even if the others are a bit annoyed that she walks around with her head in a book and is therefore always the last person to react when a fight starts.

Jinkleberry, a male gnome, played by Steve. If I hadn’t seen him casting spells, I’d have assumed he was a normal rogue, but now I’m not so sure. I don’t think he’s a bard because he doesn’t have any musical instrument and doesn’t sing, and he also has skill with traps and wears leather armour. I suspect he’s a beguiler, from PHB2. He’s also inclined to claim that anything sophisticated or ancient we find is an example of gnomish workmanship, from the days when the Great Gnome Empire ruled all of Faerun.

Lia Snowmantle, a female half-moon elf, played by Jenny. She is a bard, and the second most sensible person in the group after Ellowyn. She’s a bit quiet (the player is new to the group, though she’s played before) but when she expresses an opinion it’s usually a sensible one. She’s a bit more inclined to get into combat than most bards, and I suspect she might be aiming to be a Bladesinger in the future.

Tace Firehammer, a female dwarf, played by Carol. She was a cleric of Haela Brightaxe, wielding a greatsword and charging into battle with a song on her lips. When you’re facing a swarm of beetles that ooze acid this isn’t the best tactics, especially when you’re out of healing spells and there’s a wizard standing by waiting to cast burning hands and a bard with a flask of alchemists fire. We will be returning her charred corpse to Daggerford for burial as soon as it’s cool enough.

Rhys son of Tristan, a male human, played by Tony. Rhys was a fighter from the Moonshae Islands, who claimed to be a bastard son of the previous High King, and who also claimed that you wouldn’t be able to find many warriors in the Moonshaes who were like him. Since he managed to miss a goblin four times, even when it turned to run away, and was then killed by two badgers when he went in pursuit, I certainly hope that most Moonshae warriors don’t match his prowess. He was replaced by:
Tuvak Nar, a male half-orc, also played by Tony. I’m not sure whether he was a barbarian or a ranger, but he certainly liked charging into battle. He also decided that the best thing to do with an elevator in which the floor is covered with crushed bones and gear is to climb inside and see what happens. The answer was it flattens you.

So less than half way through the first adventure and we’ve had three PC deaths. I’ll be interested to see who replaces the dead PCs, and how they fit in with the other PCs. I’m also making sure that my backup PC is as ready as I can make him.

Edit: After playing the rest of the adventure on Sunday, the party is back down to three members despite recruiting replacements.

Nyrek Tane, human male, played by Tony. A cleric of Kelemvor - we have been putting a lot of business their way. Currently searching for a sense of humour, has gone to negative hp twice. Good at standing in front of everyone else and being pounded on. Bad at actually hurting things.

Gellashur (sp?), human male, played by Carol. His aura of fast healing was really useful, and he was capable of doing lots of damage with his battle axe (used 2-handed). He had a good sense of humour and liked to annoy members of the group who he considered were boring, although since he included Ellowyn in that category he clearly lacked something in intelligence. He was killed in the last room of the Whispering Cairn, in an encounter that killed another PC.

The other dead PC was Jinkleberry, now confirmed as a Beguiler, who seemed to be forming a partnership with Gellashur to keep the jokes going. Attempting to use Charm Person on a creature not susceptible to it made him a target, and he paid for it.

Last sessions PC deaths can be blamed on bad dice rolling; player greed despite a warning; and idiocy. These two can only be blamed on an encounter that frankly seemed unbalanced for PCs who weren't even all 3rd level. In my DMs hat I looked through the adventure now it's finished, and the last encounter looks like a potential TPK to me, unless the DM pulls his punches there seems very little a party of the recommended size and level can do, unless they got a rather strange composition.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.

Edited by - Bluenose on 05 Feb 2007 16:05:37
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2007 :  19:53:55  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My current party has been named "The Bastards of Bloodstone." I am playing Azazel Belphegor, a Lesser Planetouched Tiefling Evocation Specialist Wizard 3 / Master Specialist 8. I am joined by an arctic dwarf ranger 9 from the Great Glacier, a dust para-genasi rogue 10 from the Dalelands, and a ghostwise halfling druid 11 and his ape companion from parts unknown. We are currently in Damara, traveling from Bloodstone Village to Ironspur to boost their defenses against attacks from goblinoids and giants. The arctic dwarf is actually the brother of the original arctic dwarf in the party who was captured in the night and eaten by abominable yetis. Yes, we had to dig through yeti poop to find his ring of protection +2.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Edited by - Xysma on 14 Jun 2007 19:58:07
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  03:50:07  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Yes, we had to dig through yeti poop to find his ring of protection +2.

ya know, sometimes you should just let things go.

But I'm glad this thread has risen.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  03:56:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And what well-protected poo it was!

But enough with the crappy jokes...

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  04:26:30  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

We should change your title to Master of Bad Puns!

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  04:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

ya know, sometimes you should just let things go.

But I'm glad this thread has risen.

I made the rogue do it.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  05:43:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

We should change your title to Master of Bad Puns!

Nah, bad puns are part of the Mischief portfolio.

Go to Top of Page

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1155 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2007 :  15:40:36  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I running my players through Red Hand of Doom (more like Blue now) in the Silver Marches tweaking how the Morueme clan faced The Rage. Now, i wonder how did i get these characters to actually play along with the plot.

Regnier (Human Warblade 6, CE, in communication with Cyric himself and seeks more power)

Aukon Arrowhunter Thulakani (Goliath Ranger 5, CN, ex-slave of Thay, won his freedom from the gladitorial arena, seeks to free his fellow Goliaths from the slavers)

Vesper (Human Cleric of Cyric 6, CN, sent by the church of Cyric in Waterdeep under a disguise as a cleric of the Red Knight to convert Regnier to join their cause but doesn't realised that Cyric has already betrayed his identity to Regnier)

Zhalia Greyfeather (Silverbrow Human [Illuskan] Bard 6, CN, drawn by The Rage and seeks to be the greatest minstrel in all of the North. )

Imagine running them through RoHD....

Go to Top of Page

Mortagon
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  12:42:15  Show Profile  Visit Mortagon's Homepage Send Mortagon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the party that i'm currently dm'ing through the Tearing of the weave adventure.

Fevayn - N Sun elf evoker 3/master specialist 1, this elf was tossed out of Evereska after a tragic magical accident that caused the death of two fellow elves. He is currently living in Cormyr as a spellslinger for hire. He is obsessed with destructive magic, and is currently under the scrutiny of the war wizards.

Warren Grayscorn - LG Human Cormyrean male Cleric of Tyr 4, Warren is on a special mission from the Cormyrean government to aid the purple dragons in Wheloon rooting out corruption and criminals as an independent force. He tries to work closely with the local purple dragons regiment, but feels that they push him away. Like most Tyrrans he believes that only Tyr knows the way of true justice, and he has a burning hatred against corruption and evil. He has hired the rest of the party to aid him in his job to root out the corruption in Wheloon.

Altyr - CN Sembian male Rogue 4, This former merchant has never had high moral standards, and his father tossed him out of the merchants guild when he found that he was dealing in illicit affairs. He is currently in Cormyr aiding his mother in finding her missing husband.

Bartholovmew Jenkins ("Jenks") - Male lightfoot halfling from the western heartlands,N Bard 2/Rogue 2, This seemingly jolly halfling is a master of disguise, and no stranger to shady activities. He uses his bardic abilities as a cover for his darker schemes.

Randal - Human Cormyrean male, LG Monk 1 (Sun soul order)/Fighter 2/Wizard 1, A devout follower of Lathander, Randal is a highly spiritual person who grew up in an obscure monastery related to the Sun soul order of Monks. The monks here also received magical training. Randal left the monastery after the recent war in wich King Azoun IV died, to use his skills in defense of his beloved homeland.

Edited by - Mortagon on 19 Jun 2007 08:29:53
Go to Top of Page

gribble_the_munchkin
Acolyte

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2007 :  16:09:50  Show Profile  Visit gribble_the_munchkin's Homepage Send gribble_the_munchkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well our current merry band are known as the Comapny of the Lantern, a name chosen by them for purely commercial and promotional reasons. Currently they are based in Baldurs Gate and are the saviours of the city, having just saved it from a re-born moander (or more accurately an epic level priest of such) and a terrible zombie plague. Below are some of the adventurers who have been members of the company lately.

Lamfeelis Dawnstrider -Male Sun Elf Diviner 7/loremaster 10/Archmage 1
The somewhat respectible one of the group, an Elf raised in Waterdeep, he left in disgrace after he discovered that his family were up to nasty necromantic doings. He is now a baron of Baldurs Gate and owns a rather large tract of land to the east of the city. Skilled with evocation, abjuration and of course, divination magics. Has somehwat of a glass jaw.

Gini Muiness - Female Moon Elf Ranger 5/Bloodhound 10/harper agent 3
Famous bounty hunter and secret harper agent, sent to Baldurs Gate to apprehend the nefarious priest, got "adopted" by the company.

Innivindel - Female Half Gem Dragon, half moon elf Cleric 13 of Null
A beautiful if weird looking elf with marblised purople and white skin. Innivindel, although small and delicate looking is tremendously strong and when enraged has been know to literally dismember her foes with her bare hands. The groups primary healer and current "Justiciar" of the City, tasked with maintaining the rule of law in the city.

Valendil - Male Wood Elf Druid 18
Master of the Cloakwood, Master of the Wood of sharp teeth and a very powerful druid. Gained fame and recognition by calling down (seemingly) the wrath of nature on an invading fire giant/Azeri army attacking the city. Was sadly slain by a possessed Duke Eltan. Party gained new appreciation of lvl 20 fighters.

Angharradh - Female Half aquatic elf wizard 5, elemental savant 10, archmage 1
Angharradh is a master of two things, lightning and portal magic. The groups main "artillery" platform while she was a member, her mastery of movement related magics also came in very handy at times.

"We are sorry, you have reached an imaginary number, please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again"
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  13:20:50  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gini Muiness sounds an awful lot like Guinness, so......nice job

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  22:14:19  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Campaign 1 (Forgotten Realms): DM = Me
Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin2
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger13/Rogue1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard13
Player 4: Gerbo Stumbleduck, male rock gnome Cleric3(GarlGlittergold)/Wizard3/MysticTheurge7
Player 5: Diago Di'Alamoberto, male Tethyrian human (recently reincarnated as kobold) Rogue4/Swashbuckler3/Duelist6 (DIAGO DECEASED AS OF YESTERDAY -- Player thinking about a Techsmith for his next character, thoughts?)

Here's an update on these fellows:

Player 1: Barazunda Widecrag, male gold dwarf Samurai12/Paladin3/AwakeningPower1
Player 2: Aldric Feanor, male wood elf Ranger15/Rogue1
Player 3: Azkov The Bold, previously known as Azkov of the Six-Toes, male lightfoot halfling Wizard5/Ninja2/SpellwarpSniper5/AbjurantChampion3/UnseenSeer1
Player 4: Kargon, male human (Chultan) Barbarian2/Fighter4/FrenziedBerserker9
Player 5: Alden Flackenstroussen, male rock gnome Cleric7(Nebelun)/Techsmith8
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2007 :  05:28:08  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well .... just started a new campaign in Tashluta so they are still really lowlevel *grins* ...but here we go

Player 1: Orc Barbarian 1, former slave of their main patron released of duty about half an year ago ... though still working for her
Player 2: Wood Elf Scout 1, outcast from her tribe because she have some heretic views on how orcs should be handled
Player 3: Human Healer 1, silent man that heal and not much else ... and satifised about it
Player 4: Human Duskblade 1, refugee of questionable heritage from somewhere north of the shining sea

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

theDarkone
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2007 :  01:43:21  Show Profile  Visit theDarkone's Homepage Send theDarkone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
were gearing up for a campaign right now (CotSQ) and are still jumping around but heres the most current:
male wood-elf ranger 10
male half elf sorceror2/wizard3/ulimate magus 5
male human psychic warrior 10

I'd take precision any day over power; as far as being tactical you know you have to see what's going on in there and also understand that for every punch that you or your opponent throws there's always a counter shot or two which you have to be ready to fire or defend.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000