Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Help wanted - encounter with Sammaster
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  10:05:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Sorry for the length of this post, but it is necessary to introduce you to the problem:

I have played a campaign for several years now which shall come to an end soon. The groups major enemy is the Cult of the Dragon and the head villian is of course none other than Sammaster himself.

However, the group concists out of a fighter/ranger/harper agent, a wizard, a cleric of Moradin and a monk. Unfortunatelly they are all around lvl 15 and will not be able to confront Sammaster alone.

Now to my request:

What I need help with is to think of challanges before they meet and great with Sammaster, rigfht before the final encounter!!!

So I ask you:
Where would Sammaster hide or have his "head quarter"? Who would be guarding him? How would you be able to enter his place of refuge? and so forth....
Remember the groups lvl - I am looking for encounters around CR 15.

One more thing: the faster you come up with ideas the better.....

Thanks in advance for your creative input.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 29 Sep 2006 10:07:12

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  13:04:07  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if they are only level 15 they may need quite a few encounters to go through before actually meeting Sammaster.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  15:59:48  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know! But as it was in the Rogue Dragon trilogy - it is not ment for them to kill sammaster, more to stop his evil plan.

Besides, they do have some powerful allies in the backhand (a gold dragon, Storm Silverhand and the Harpers)

So the question is really - where would Sammaster hide and what would be guarding him?

Whatever you come to think of helps more than no comment at all.

Thanks!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  16:15:55  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrim_Taim

Well, if they are only level 15 they may need quite a few encounters to go through before actually meeting Sammaster.

I agree...CR 15 is awefully low...even if Sammaster isn't epic level to confront Sammaster would be an epic undertaking...

does it have to be THE real sammaster? what about an apprentice lich posing as Sammaster?

I'd stick it in the Desertmouth Mountains...sammaster has a history there..

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000