Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Twin Towers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2006 :  23:00:20  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am a bit confused about the Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse. In the Lands of Intrigue I read that they are
"Situated deep within the highest peaks of the Small Teeth . . ."
and a map I have places them their as well but when I check the map that comes with the FRCS there are two marks that are labeled as The Twin Towers in the Cloud Peaks. But in the FRCS section for the Small Teeth it says the towers are there. Where are the Twin Towers really? And if they are really in the Cloud Peaks why did they move them in the first place? Or is it just a misprint on the map? Thank you for any help.

You never fail until you stop trying.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2006 :  23:35:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The should be in the Small Teeth. However, one of them is no longer there. Read Paul Kemp's Erevis Cale trilogy. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2006 :  23:43:00  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kuje for the answer and the info about one of them being gone, unfortunately I am way behind in my novel reading and am currently trying to catch up and haven't read Paul Kemp's Erevis Cale trilogy yet. Do you or anyone else know why the map had the Twin Towers in the Cloud Peaks? Is there a different pair of towers in the Cloud Peaks?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  00:58:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't recall, sorry. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  01:13:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sparhawk42

Thank you Kuje for the answer and the info about one of them being gone, unfortunately I am way behind in my novel reading and am currently trying to catch up and haven't read Paul Kemp's Erevis Cale trilogy yet. Do you or anyone else know why the map had the Twin Towers in the Cloud Peaks? Is there a different pair of towers in the Cloud Peaks?

The Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse are located within the peaks of Small Teeth -- as stated in Lands of Intrigue.

The Twin Towers in the Cloud Peaks are not the same location. There are no Twin Towers in the Cloud Peaks; the FRCS is in error. This has now largely been confirmed in both Power of Faerūn and Dragons of Faerūn which provides some focus on the Towers.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Sep 2006 01:14:59
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  01:23:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

The should be in the Small Teeth. However, one of them is no longer there. Read Paul Kemp's Erevis Cale trilogy. :)

Didnt they replace the missing one in Dragons of Faerun?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  01:43:25  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Not sure. :) I didn't read my copy yet from cover to cover.

Yes, I'm behind on my sourcebook lore. GASP!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  01:44:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Indeed.

As I recall, it was largely part of the continuity problem due to the concurrent development of PoF and Paul's Midnight's Mask novel. Eric said that both George and Paul helped to determine an explanation that he could manage to work into DoF. Eric's details in DoF reconcile the apparent contradiction that exists between Power of Faerun and Paul's novel.

More from Eric -

"Actually three things happened to the Twin Towers. Two things happened to one tower (Midnight's Mask and Power of Faerun) and one thing happened to the other (to be revealed).

The explanation of the chain of events (and the 3rd event) appears in an upcoming product.

If you're gaming in 1374, assume the starting situation is as defined in Power of Faerun and ends as defined in Power of Faerun.

--Eric"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Sep 2006 01:45:44
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  02:10:37  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you to everyone for the help in clearing this up for me.

Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  07:43:44  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think this was all discussed in a thread a year or half a year ago im not sure

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  13:03:55  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can somebody give me the exact page number for details on the twin towers (especially in PoF).

Thanks, Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  01:26:11  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Beirnadri Magranth:
I did try a search about the twin towers here at candlekeep but I didn't find a thread that answered my question. If you know where that thread is and can point it out for me that would be great.

Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2020 :  17:55:53  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

More from Eric -

"Actually three things happened to the Twin Towers. Two things happened to one tower (Midnight's Mask and Power of Faerun) and one thing happened to the other (to be revealed).

The explanation of the chain of events (and the 3rd event) appears in an upcoming product.

If you're gaming in 1374, assume the starting situation is as defined in Power of Faerun and ends as defined in Power of Faerun.

--Eric"

quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Can somebody give me the exact page number for details on the twin towers (especially in PoF).

Thanks, Ergdusch

I'm interested in a page reference too. I can't seem to find anything on the Twin Towers in Power of Faerūn.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2020 :  17:41:30  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:

Thanks, Ergdusch

I'm interested in a page reference too. I can't seem to find anything on the Twin Towers in Power of Faerūn.

Pages 41-43, scattered throughout the text and the timeline of the Sothillisian Empire example.
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2020 :  20:50:58  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:

Thanks, Ergdusch

Pages 41-43, scattered throughout the text and the timeline of the Sothillisian Empire example.

Glorious. Thanks for that. I was planning on incorporating the towers as written in Lords of Darkness into a campaign I'm planning, but since I like making my campaigns dance around and between canon lore this is relevant to my interests.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000