Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Paizo PDF's
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brightblade
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  02:30:07  Show Profile  Visit Brightblade's Homepage Send Brightblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, I'm a long time lurker here at Candlekeep, first time poster. I played quite a bit back in the 80's, and over the past couple of years have been trying to get caught up with everything that has happened on Faerun over the past two decades! I have almost all the 3E sourcebooks, and have been building up my collection of 1E and 2E campaign supplements to the point where I probably have about 3/4 of the material. My question is for those that have bought the PDF downloads from Paizo: What is the overall quality? Are they about on par with the free downloads from the WotC site? I'm pretty pleased with the free downloads at the WotC site, so I'm hoping the quality is at least as good.

Also, anybody have any thoughts on the Raven's Bluff Living City series? I have the "City of" but was looking at getting the PDF's of LC1 thru LC4? Also, thanks for the resources you guys make available...this is a great site that has made it a lot easier "to get caught up!"

Dave

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  02:41:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly's got a scroll around here somewhere with his thoughts on several FR paizo.com PDF downloads...

Anways... It really does depend on the particular PDFs you are looking for.

I've purchased some of the Planescape PDFs from paizo.com (mainly so I can browse through them while at work), and I've been happy with most of them, to a degree.

On the other hand, I've also downloaded a DL tome (an adventure module actually) and was sorely disappointed with both the quality and organisation of the copy. The original PDF I had displayed some pages at a slight angle, while the third, forth and fifth pages where actually swapped around in a fifth, forth and third progression. I reported this to paizo.com and they eventually pulled the PDF from their catalogues and rectified it. They did not however, apologise for the lack of professionalism with regard to the PDF that I had previously purchased.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  02:50:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, that's been pretty much my experience, too... I've only purchased a few pdfs from them, and most of them were pretty good. There were at least a couple, though, that weren't so hot -- to the point of not even being able to use the search function to find a word I was staring directly at.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  02:52:57  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know for a while they had a thread going to list the problem PDFs so they could see if there was anything they could do to fix the issue, since a lot of them were actually scanned during the end of the TSR era. At any rate, I have to echo my fellow scribes, for the most part, they have been pretty good, but there is some variation in quality.
Go to Top of Page

Brightblade
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  04:12:39  Show Profile  Visit Brightblade's Homepage Send Brightblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Do you have any thoughts on the LC series as to whether it's a "wise" investment or not. I do have to say I was pleased with the City of Raven's Bluff, though the font size makes it quite a read!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  11:25:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At $4 a piece, I'd say it's worth getting them, unless you prefer the print copies.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

vicar
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  20:36:49  Show Profile  Visit vicar's Homepage Send vicar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't gotten any such from paizo before, only DriveThruRPG. Their stuff has been consistantly good, though.

The Vicar
Geeklabel.com
T-Shirts for geeks, gamers & tech-heads
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000