Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Mintiper's Chapbook
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2006 :  20:13:07  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was just looking over some old notes and remembered how useful Eric L. Boyd's Mintiper's Chapbook articles were for me..so I wanted to thank Eric and wish he could eithor continue the Chapbook tales or if he could start something similiar

so for anyone that wants to read the articles:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829a

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2006 :  20:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good thing I printed them all cause now I can't read them at work (something about the page being blocked for some stupid reason)....I will bring those papers to work to read on my break for sure.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2006 :  20:23:14  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

I was just looking over some old notes and remembered how useful Eric L. Boyd's Mintiper's Chapbook articles were for me..so I wanted to thank Eric and wish he could eithor continue the Chapbook tales or if he could start something similiar

so for anyone that wants to read the articles:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829a

Indeed, an excellent and very useful article!
Add my thanks to Eric, as my votes for something similar.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2006 :  07:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I most whole-heartedly agree. I remember the Mintpers Chapbooks series as some of my most favorite web articles I have ever read. I have gone back to them and mined them for ideas on several occasions. I certainly do wish that WotC and Eric would do more such web articles in a similar vein.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2006 :  01:00:22  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that one slipped under my radar. I'll definitely be making my own copy of them.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2006 :  04:42:34  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the knowledge in mchapbook is amazing! ive had many ideas from them. I REALLY REALLY wish there were more like this.not only was i enamoured with the subject but the way it has realmsfolk tell their own history is awesome.

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  02:05:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm glad you all are enjoying them. I'd like to write more some day, but right now my schedule doesn't permit it. (They take a LOT of research for a small number of words.) Perhaps in a couple of months when I work through my current logjam I'll pitch it to the WoTC web team.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  02:59:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see more of those, Eric. It was one of the best web features to grace the Wizards site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  03:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. Those are awesome! I'm running a Silver Marches campaign and I now have some great new ideas! Thanks Eric, and thanks Kalin!

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  08:12:16  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Mintiper Chapbooks were my favorite Web articles of all times, especially the Trail of Mists, where the gnomes finally had some place in the sun. I cant thank you enough for these articles Eric and I would love to see more of them.
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  14:07:08  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I'm glad you all are enjoying them. I'd like to write more some day, but right now my schedule doesn't permit it. (They take a LOT of research for a small number of words.) Perhaps in a couple of months when I work through my current logjam I'll pitch it to the WoTC web team.

--Eric

thanks for replying Eric, I hope it pans out!

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  03:50:35  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having just re-read Part 1: Moonlight's Triumph ... I can see what Eric means by the tons of research needed prior to publishing such a thing. His attention to detail & minutae was absolutely extraordinary.

Kudos to you, Eric. And I echo the other's sentiments as well. I hope you publish more for our selfish entertainment! :)
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  19:42:24  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few months ago when developing ideas for two game story lines I remembered reading something about a series of portals used to smuggle gnomes out of Nehteril. I knew that it had been a web article on WotC. It took me several hours to locate the article in Mintiper's chapbook. It was so usefull that I printed out all of the series. I would LOVE for Eric to do more of the same. I am glad to hear that he will try to suggest it to WotC again. I can hardly wait...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  04:27:05  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
U must be talking about the trails of mists. Really very interesting bits of lore here especially tied into history of the citadel of mists etc. that one was A+++

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  00:41:37  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definately pitch it Eric they are great

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000