Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Blood War: A Gentlemens club in Waterdeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  02:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Blood War
"A Gentlemens club where the ladies are out of this world"

In the centre of the club theres a 30' 30' cube room where the walls floors and roof are made of glass steel. On 2 sides of the cube theres a 10' 10' alcove which can be seperated from the main room by moveable glass steel doors. During the day one of the alcove has a Erinyes in it and the other contains a Succubus. When the club is open the glass steel doors seperating the Alcoves from the main room are opened and the 2 fiends fight. The owner has several Wands of Holy smite which he uses to keep the "ladies" in line. The club has also been warded so the fiends can not gate out both magically and physically (The mortar used to construct the club was drenched in gorgons blood which prevents Teleportation and summoning) the Club is built on a Dead magic zone left over from the time of troubles.

The Club is underground beneath a warehouse in Slut street (Opposite Aurora's Realms shop)and has 2 levels the lower level is on the floor level of the cube and the upper level is 30 feet above and part of the floor uses the roof of the cube as its floor, several tables are set up on this area and it considered by the Clubs clientel to be "The place to be seen"

Patrons: Most of the clubs patrons are jaded nobles, wealthy merchants or there equally jaded children. The clubs underground (Both literally and legally) nature gives the club a sense of danger that the clubs Clientel enjoy.

Services: The club provides meals and beverages of the highest quality (At an equally high price!)it also has a limited number of rooms for rent (Which are charged at an hourly rate). The owner is thinking of allowing certain wealthy and decadent customers the opertunity to sleep with the fiends but he has yet to think of way where he can guarantee that the client wont be killed or harmed and the fiends wont try and escape. Illigal drugs and evil magic items can be purchased in the Blood war.

The staff (Bar workers, Waitress and ladies of the night); both male and female are primarily planetouched; Tieflings, Chaond, Zenthyri, Genasi and even a few Aasimars.

Owner: Im thinking of using Elaith or maybe making someone up with ties to one of Waterdeep/Skullports crime groups maybe Xanthars thieves guild, The Shadow Thieves or maybe its owned by the Gralhand noble family (Who have fiendish blood in their veins)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

TobyKikami
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  15:58:18  Show Profile  Visit TobyKikami's Homepage Send TobyKikami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably missing something here, but -
quote:
The owner has several Wands of Holy smite which he uses to keep the "ladies" in line... the Club is built on a Dead magic zone left over from the time of troubles.
I wasn't aware you could use wands in dead magic zones.

Otherwise, it sounds interesting.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  17:49:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dargoth, I just like you! We need to game together some day!

As to ways to arrange for intercourse for those jaded nobles. The problem I see becomes one of positioning. Perhaps helmed horrors in the room with +1 weapons that have bane(demon or devil) and holy imbued into them, each of whose specific 3 spells that they aren't hurt by would be ones that the succubus or erinyes can cast (I'd have to check here). Then, if threat of death doesn't work, constructs in the form of animated ropes.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  23:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TobyKikami

Probably missing something here, but -
quote:
The owner has several Wands of Holy smite which he uses to keep the "ladies" in line... the Club is built on a Dead magic zone left over from the time of troubles.
I wasn't aware you could use wands in dead magic zones.

Otherwise, it sounds interesting.

hmm true you cant use Wands in a Dead magic zone.

Have to come up with some other way.

Could always use Holy Water....

As for how the club fits into my campaign Im thinking of introduce a "Mob" war between Elaith and and the Shadow Thieves as the Shadow thieves have startd to move in on Elaiths territory.

Has anyone ever seen a list of what criminal activities Elaiths into?
ie Protection, Extortion, Prostitution etc

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 11 Sep 2006 04:01:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: