Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Scripture of Elemental Evil (Dragon 347)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2006 :  19:01:48  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just wanted to point out that even though they tie this article to the Temple of Elemental evil in Greyhawk, there are some really interesting spells in this article, especially now that the PH II has (re)introduced dual school spells.

My favorite of the lot is Liferot, a spell that causes fungus to grow in a person's wounds so as to disallow any healing until the spell's duration is up. It imediately made me want to make up a Moander worshiping villain.

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2006 :  19:37:17  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Just wanted to point out that even though they tie this article to the Temple of Elemental evil in Greyhawk, there are some really interesting spells in this article, especially now that the PH II has (re)introduced dual school spells.

My favorite of the lot is Liferot, a spell that causes fungus to grow in a person's wounds so as to disallow any healing until the spell's duration is up. It imediately made me want to make up a Moander worshiping villain.

I don't have that mag yet stupid international shipping lag (like Canada is sooo international to the US )

any who, I wouldn't pigeon-hole that spell just for Moander...it would be a useful spell for any druid or ranger, especiall the non-good ones..

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  02:36:21  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good point, Knight.

As for me I'm planning to use the Archomentals from that Dragon issue to really hammer the crap out of my players. Maybe have one or two roaming in Myth Drannor, or as a permanent gaurdian to the beholders that dwell beneath the Temple of Bane in Zhentil Keep.

Nice to see some good, useful monster stats in Dragon.

As for the spells found therein: SWEET! Storm Slave is a cool multi-themed spell that I could easily see a Stormlord (Faiths and Pantheons, page 203) use to great effect; like on the tribal leaders of an Orc Horde or an Ogrish Warband of some kind.

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Edited by - Sanishiver on 25 Aug 2006 07:16:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000