Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Baldur's Gate's Sources.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  14:20:32  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,
I am hoping to run a second Campaign set in Baldurs Gate. For this Campaign i will be creating a Floor plan of the Entire city. (This will be reduced to about 12-16 A3 pages- i hope). I can justify this since i would like the whole campaign to be set in Baldur's Gate. This is another one of my 'Scatterbrain' Projects. This along with my Scatterbrain project will be usable with 2nd and 3E rules. Most people will probally ignore this post, but i beg thee to help me with this even if its just contributing a source.
I have gathered together the following Sources:
2nd Edition Forgotten Realms Box Set- Mainly the Grand Tour of the realms book.
Volo's Guide to Sword Coast.
Baldur's Gate 1 and its Walk Throught (plus the map included in the Box)
I realise that to map Baldurs Gate in its entirty on A3 paper will take along time, so i am going to create a simplified version of it. Slightly larger than the BG1 version of Baldurs gate.
I was hoping that people could submit sources or could you tell me Canon Sources so i can buy them that regard BG. I was also hoping that i could get some peopel to help me Compile the infomation (Especially a few people who can change rules and stats from 3E to 2nd or vice versa.) Please, Please could i have peoples help on this one. Its massive compaired to Daggerfalls! If anyone would like to help or contact me please email me oldskoolrebel@hotmail.com or chat with me on MSN. I also am frequentally on AIM as XxXElrondXxX.
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  00:55:01  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds to me like you've got all the bases covered Elrond. You COULD try using the FR Interactive Atlas. It has the same layout of the city that the boxed set does, although you can zoom in on the map to get more detail than the map in the box gives.

And I wouldn't call this idea 'scatterbrained'. Pretty ambitious maybe, but not scatterbrained.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  03:23:03  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember back about 6 years ago I was doing a campaign set in Waterdeep. I had the old city set that was out with detailed maps, and converted them into large scale floor plans. Good DM's have to do this, so you are doing well.

I am pretty good at converting stats between the editions, so if you need help I am game. No worries!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  16:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your help! I will remember that mournblade and Yasraena Thank you for your kinda words. Im very ambitious!

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:35:00  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Forgotten Realms interactive atlas has the city plan of Baldur's Gate. Though the printing options of the program are not the greatest, one can, by zooming in and then printing (IIRC) create pretty large maps. It might serve as a good basis for your project...
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:31:19  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where can I find this wondrous atlas?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  19:52:48  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ArionElenim, i can show you the path to this Atlas however Alaundo will not have me post the road to enlightenment upon this forum, if you want it really bad i sugest you contact me through email, i can supply you with i link where you can download a program that allows you to eh 'Buy' The atlas.
Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:16:50  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldur's Gate is probably my area of expertease in the Forgotten Realms, probably because my first experience of D&D was in the computer games so I got hooked from there - so if you've got any questions I'll try my best to make a fool of myself by anering them

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank Thee Truely. Actually its funny that you got hooked to AD&D Playing BG, i share a similar story. I never did complete that game...
Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Lets Start this By talking about NPCS:

Who's Who in Baldur's Gate:
The Council of Four
Baldur's Gate is Ruled by Four Grand Dukes, who are called the Council of Four. These are:
Entar Silver Sheild (LG hm F21): Commander of the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company *Note See Gold and Glory accessory.
Liia Jannath (CG hm W16)
BELT (CN hm F19)
Eltan (LN hm F20)

Any more information on the Council of four would be greatly appreiciated. (Or stats)

The Theives Guild is lead by:
Guildmaster Ravenscar (NE hm T19), Any information on Ravenscar or the group would be use ful. (Including Stats rules etc etc )

And of course Informtaion of the Flaming Fists Them Selves. Ill look through the Gold and Glory book Later.

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  02:35:30  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you get the hardcover Forgotten Realms ADVENTURES, there is a HUGE amount of information on them. This book is LONG out of print, but you should be able to find it on ebay quite easily. That is where I bought my replacement. Or elrond if you are nearby you can go to the Farr Cottage on the A81 in Corpach and ask for Carl's book and scenery that he left behind. (I bartended there and left a slew of gamematerial). So go there and you might beable to find MY copy of FR adventures...

Just don't call any of the phone numbers on the front cover.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  19:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LMAO, your kindness is overwhelming! Don't worry i doubt if i go that far north ill phone any of the phone numbers. But are you sure of this my friend? Scenery can be an expensive thing.

Go to Top of Page

Minsc_and_Boo
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2003 :  21:45:48  Show Profile  Visit Minsc_and_Boo's Homepage Send Minsc_and_Boo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Elrond, dost thou think that ye might be able to electronically mail the floor plan for the city of Baldur's Gate to me? Mine electronic mail address is "ShermanStv@aol.com". I am also working on a Baldur's Gate Module, that is based on the Personal Computer game.

Stephen T. Sherman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000