Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Coat of Arms/ Symbols of Waterdeep Noble Houses
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forgotten Ghost
Acolyte

Australia
36 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  13:00:25  Show Profile  Visit Forgotten Ghost's Homepage Send Forgotten Ghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Other than The City of Splendors Waterdeep and the web enhancements, are there any other books which provide info on the noble houses of Waterdeep particularly what thier Coat of Armslook like?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  13:15:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll want a copy of Steven's 2e City of Splendors boxed set.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  13:15:16  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, the City of Splendors boxed set, of the AD&D 2nd edition!

A good resource to be used together with the new book!

P.S.: hehe, Sage beat me by mere seconds...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto

Edited by - Chosen of Moradin on 17 Aug 2006 13:16:39
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  13:30:18  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep the 2E book goes into more detail about noble houses, with family crests, the 'leader' (patriarch), business interests, and other notable house members
Go to Top of Page

Forgotten Ghost
Acolyte

Australia
36 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  13:38:50  Show Profile  Visit Forgotten Ghost's Homepage Send Forgotten Ghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this set give descriptions of the symbols of all the noble houses mention in the 3.5 waterdeep book and web enhancements or just some, because i am in particular only after three, the symbols/coat of arms of Houses Talmost, Husteem, and Gralhund.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  13:52:55  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that 3 families are there, with proeminent members, trade and interests, and description and picture of the coat of arms.

I love this box.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  16:30:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten Ghost

Does this set give descriptions of the symbols of all the noble houses mention in the 3.5 waterdeep book and web enhancements or just some, because i am in particular only after three, the symbols/coat of arms of Houses Talmost, Husteem, and Gralhund.

Each noble family has a picture of their coat of arms, along with the following entries:

Family Name (including pronunciation)
Prominent Members
Patriarch
Consort
Heir
Trade & Interests
Arms

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  19:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Yes, that 3 families are there, with proeminent members, trade and interests, and description and picture of the coat of arms.

I love this box.

Glad to know it's still useful after 13 long years....

Steven
who's appreciative of his fans

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  19:14:48  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

I love this box.

Steven

Yeah, it is a pretty good box set

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  19:16:37  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Useful now and useful in thirty years. Combined with Volos guide to Waterdeep one has a horn of plenty when it comes to gaming ideas with that box.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  19:21:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I love this box.

Steven

You know that I'm a fan of the boxed set!

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:09:31  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

Very useful. With the boxed set, the Volo´s Guide and the new Waterdeep tome, a DM can stay "lost in the city" for some good years.

The first character that I played in the Realms was a waterdhavian noble, Ollimmer Amcathra, a distant cousin of the lord of Shadowdale. A abjurer, apprentice of the Blackstaff, kind and quiet. Good old days, someone could say...

Today he is an retired "advisor" of my players, an abjurer/arcane devotee of Siamorphe.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:28:44  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Family Name (including pronunciation)

This boxed set is extremely useful and I will never stop using it. Speaking of pronunciation, the new products are very lacking in this. Oftentimes there are Names of places, people, etc... where the pronunciation is hard to guess and should be included

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  13:44:10  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Useful now and useful in thirty years. Combined with Volos guide to Waterdeep one has a horn of plenty when it comes to gaming ideas with that box.

You name it! A deadly combination to endless adventures and intriguing stories in the City of Splendors!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  15:14:49  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still have the cardboard cutouts of the nobles house crests, in my boxed set.
Go to Top of Page

Forgotten Ghost
Acolyte

Australia
36 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2006 :  10:24:27  Show Profile  Visit Forgotten Ghost's Homepage Send Forgotten Ghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The waterdeep box set isn't downloadable from the WOTC website is it? i've tried but no shops near me carry it and haven't for ages.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2006 :  11:24:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten Ghost

The waterdeep box set isn't downloadable from the WOTC website is it? i've tried but no shops near me carry it and haven't for ages.

Nope, it is not one of those available for free from the Wizards downloads page. But you can get the pdf for $4 from Paizo.com. I see the boxed set on eBay pretty often, and I know some here swear by nobleknight.com.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2006 :  13:18:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I see the boxed set on eBay pretty often, and I know some here swear by nobleknight.com.
Indeed.

And it is usually available for a relatively "good" price (in US$).

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  05:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh. I'm glad I downloaded that box set from the Wizards website when I did then.

I didn't realize they cycled certain works off the download page.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  11:16:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Wilson

Huh. I'm glad I downloaded that box set from the Wizards website when I did then.

The City of Splendors boxed set was on their downloads page? I never saw it there...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  11:48:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

I don't recall seeing it ever listed either. It's not even on the former paizo.com listing of freely available (and legal) PDF downloads of previous TSR products at WotC.

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Aug 2006 12:03:14
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  13:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Wilson

The City of Splendors boxed set was on their downloads page? I never saw it there...

Indeed.

Anyway, I´m glad that I have traded an entire colletion of Magic the Gathering for the boxed set, years ago.
And another for the Elminster Ecologies. And other for the Planescape Campaign Setting.

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  02:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's possible that I'm misremembering and actually did download it from Paizo, but I could have sworn the only two books I downloaded from that site were two of the 2nd Ed God books I couldn't find in my local area.

Maybe you guys are right, and I downloaded it from there. I honestly don't remember, it was months and months ago.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000