Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Complete Realms Timeline? help..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  05:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Apologies, as I'm sure that there is one that is easily search-able, but I can't locate it...

Would some learned scribe or monk point me in the direction of the proper scroll, please?

The one I'm looking for should include descriptions of major events occuring that year.

Many thanks.

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  05:30:10  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to the main candlekeep site, look at the right side whilst scrolling down.
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  05:52:36  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe there is a very nice online one called 'A Grand History of The Realms'

http://www.geonomicon.com/portal/

There it is.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  06:02:07  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrim_Taim

I believe there is a very nice online one called 'A Grand History of The Realms'

http://www.geonomicon.com/portal/

There it is.

Just what I was looking for. Thank you both. I would've wandered these halls for days. Which explains why I am a Seeker.

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  06:07:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That one is also hosted here at Candlekeep: A Grand History of the Realms. And its author, Brian R. James, is a scribe here and has contributed to the Candlekeep Compendium.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  06:12:36  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tis a very nice resource, and I am very excited about the news concerning it. Finally Brian's hard work can pay off.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  17:01:38  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tis a very nice resource, and I am very excited about the news concerning it. Finally Brian's hard work can pay off.

What news are you refering to Mazrim Taim?

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  17:05:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

quote:

What news are you refering to Mazrim Taim?

Here's what we know -

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Okay,

So I'm mostly done with gencon for the weekend except for Spin the Yarn tomorrow. However, it's time for some Secrets. This is long, so bare with me here and I'll probably not check this thread till morrow. The panel was Ed, Eric Boyd, and a WOTC employee to oversee.

5) I'm just going to say gratz to Brian for his timeline and let him, if he reads this, answer that! Rock man! So gratz!

This intrigues me. What's going on with Brian's splendid timeline?

-- George Krashos

George,

Kentinal wins with his guess. :) So, aye, I'll give it away and I hope Brian doesn't mind. WOTC has bought the timeline basically, they are going to add parts to it and other material to it, and then print it as a sourcebook.

For the full story Brian, take a look here... at the Secrets of the Realms scroll:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7519&whichpage=1

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  14:26:42  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

For the full story Brian, take a look here... at the Secrets of the Realms scroll:- http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7519&whichpage=1

Sage, I could swear by my beard that you will point us to a link about Monty Python: The Life of Brian

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000