Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 HI everyone , first post ! But mostly about D&D
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

evenglare
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2006 :  10:50:49  Show Profile  Visit evenglare's Homepage Send evenglare a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
hey everyone, I have had the FRCS for a long long while and the past month i really REALLY got into the setting. I read the whole dark elf trilogy (my first books in the series) really fast. Within a week. Well anyway, my question is. After i finished up my last campaign i started a new one and this one i plan on running, a LONG time, if not indefinitly .

Well everything started off swimingly , i started off in waterdeep, as i found it a good place to begin. The party consists of a Dwarven Cleric from mithrall hall, a gnome wizard from the easternlands, a moon elf ranger from waterdeep,and a moonelf druid from silverymoon. And then the last but not least of the characters is a drow paladin. And this guy is the best roleplayer of the group ,and came up with a plausable backstory so i let him do it.... So anyway, the dwarf rounds up the adventurers at the bar and asks them to help him to go back to the mithral hall and the spine of the world to help the cleric fend off some invading orcs in that region. Nothing too spectacular

Well anyway, they up the road and encountered some goblins , trying to rob a caravan of travelers delivering some wheat and , they beat them. Well then they went over the stone bridge and had an encounter with a wondering hydra. Being neutral creature, he didnt care for them till they got afraid of it, and started being stupid. Well after a good story they eventually got through that. Then they went north and camped for the day (this has been around the 3rd day ). They encountered some angry hill giants and ran away , cause you know.. level 1 hahah.

Well okay so they are right by the high forest now. They got encountered by some elven rangers , because they saw the drow, etc etc. Well after some lengthy talking i got them on a mission...

Now for my auctual question. Is this mission plausable. for a FR mission (i know, blah blah its my world but im not TOO familiar with it , and i was just wondering if this would be not to out of the ordinary) . The elves told them that the area around the grandfather tree (the enchanted area) has been waning in enchantment . So the elves employed the group to side track from their adventure to help them.

Now I said that some fey and centaurs naturally roam around the proximity of the grandfather tree, keeping it sacred etc etc. However the centaurs and fey havnt been seen in a while, and believe to be held in the lost mountains. Possibly in a cave. So the adventurers have to go out and find out what happened to them. And will eventually get to the lost mountains and go into a dungeon cave , and find something that trapped them, and then release them back into the wild to go tend to their area.

Is this a plausable idea??

Thanks guys ! And feel free to contact me on AIM at Evenglare XI , as this campaign will be going on online when i get back to school, if anyone wants to join ! Ill be using a program called gametable. Well. thats all for me. Sorry for the long post.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2006 :  16:39:11  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems reasonable to me......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  13:00:39  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me. You seem to be roleplaying the main issues out very well; for instance, elven rangers finding a drow in their midst... I like the idea of a Fey-napping also...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000