Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Eytan Bernstein
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  19:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Razz's Homepage  Send Razz an AOL message Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am surprised I didn't ask this right away when Dragons of Faerun was released but here it is now.

The original description of DoF on the WotC website was that there would be updated information on the Draconic Pantheon and half-dragons in the Realms. Sadly, I noticed that entire section was cut from DoF and, even more tragic, it was never made into a Web Enhancement.

I am sure that was something Eric Boyd wrote, but is it possible for either of you two to share that cut information? An update to the Draconic Pantheon is sorely needed for the Realms and it would be great to see it surface here since it is all but forgotten by the powers that be.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  23:26:43  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

I am surprised I didn't ask this right away when Dragons of Faerun was released but here it is now.

The original description of DoF on the WotC website was that there would be updated information on the Draconic Pantheon and half-dragons in the Realms. Sadly, I noticed that entire section was cut from DoF and, even more tragic, it was never made into a Web Enhancement.

I am sure that was something Eric Boyd wrote, but is it possible for either of you two to share that cut information? An update to the Draconic Pantheon is sorely needed for the Realms and it would be great to see it surface here since it is all but forgotten by the powers that be.

It's true, assuming memory isn't failing me, that there is not specific section in the book (or a web enhancement) dealing with the draconic pantheon. But scattered throughout the book is a lot of information about some of the major dragon deities. There is a whole section devoted to Tiamat and plenty about Xymor (Bahamut). The Cliffs of Karthaut adventure features worshippers of Kalzareinad and an artifact sacred to the draconic demigod. There is a lot of information about the worship of Tchazzar and also how to worship other dragon ascendants and demi-deities.

The Dragons of Faerun web enhancement "New Draconic Monsters" features a type of undead dragon known as hoarders that animate their own treasure hoards. They are described as worshipping Task. Another source of some information about draconic deities is the Class Chronicles article that describes Dragonfire Adepts.

As for half-dragons, you're correct that they aren't heavily featured in the book. In the Cliffs of Karthaut, there is a character, Vargo Kent, who first transforms himself into a half-dragon, and then becomes a half-dracolich. There is also a side-bar on half-dragon and draconic hobogoblins in the Realms who belong to the Blood of Morueme. There's a side bar on Scions of the Old One which describes half-black dragons of House Orogoth.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  03:27:01  Show Profile  Visit Razz's Homepage  Send Razz an AOL message Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I was aware of all of that. My question was whether there were written lore for the book on the details of each draconic deity, their place in the Realms, and their domains, alignment, portfolios, etc. Mainly, an update to what was shown in the 2E Draconomicon. For example, can we be told who exactly is Zorquan?

Granted, most of the well known draconic deities can be ported from what was provided in the 3E Draconomicon such as Task, Hlal, Garyx, etc. But what can we be told of Kalzareinad, Kereska, Zorquan for example.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  04:47:26  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless Eric has something I don't know about, I think the answer to your question is no.

As for more info on the deities, I would just use the 2E sources.

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 06 Nov 2012 04:48:15
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
244 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2015 :  22:31:23  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I already praised you for your Class Chronicles articles earlier, but I think it deserves another round (namely the duskblade and binder entries)!
My question is about the binder article: Where would you place Citadel Yaunoroth that's mentioned in it (as in 'quite precisely on a map')? Thanks in advance!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  02:39:01  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

I think I already praised you for your Class Chronicles articles earlier, but I think it deserves another round (namely the duskblade and binder entries)!
My question is about the binder article: Where would you place Citadel Yaunoroth that's mentioned in it (as in 'quite precisely on a map')? Thanks in advance!

I wish I could give you something more specific, but it's really hard to say. I see the Underdark as a subterranean jungle. When a dwarven, drow, or gnome or other humanoid civilization is built there, then abandoned or ruined, the Underdark has a tendency to reclaim it.

The most specific I think I could get is that it is somewhere within Ammarindar, with the Graypeak Mountains as an above ground reference point. I'm somewhat far removed from the materials, however, so I could be wildly off.

I can say that it must be an unpleasant place indeed if spirits of greed related to Abbathor, the dwarven deity of avarice, haunt the ruins.

Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
244 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  08:57:20  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for the swift answer!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  17:33:50  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000