Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Lathander Novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:12:44  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if anyone knows of books in which Lathander, clergy of Lathander, followers there of, etc.etc. are featured in?

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:24:06  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Avatar trilogy. check out Shadowdale and the unique church to the morninglord that dwells there. I am sure their are other novels that mention cleric and other clergy of Lathander, but I am not aware of any novels that feature a follower of the morninglord.

Edited by - scererar on 23 Jun 2006 22:26:30
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:30:12  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah very good, I got the Trilogy. Haven't startedthem yet but that will be good to get started.

Others anyone?

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:32:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Threat from the Sea novels have a follower of Lathander and the Rage novels have a cleric of Lathander.

Rising Tide by Mel Odom
Under Fallen Stars by Mel Odom
The Sea Devil’s Eye by Mel Odom

The Rage by Richard Lee Byers
The Rite by Richard Lee Byers
The Ruin by Richard Lee Byers

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:36:42  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Threat from the Sea novels have a follower of Lathander and the Rage novels have a cleric of Lathander.

Rising Tide by Mel Odom
Under Fallen Stars by Mel Odom
The Sea Devil’s Eye by Mel Odom

The Rage by Richard Lee Byers
The Rite by Richard Lee Byers
The Ruin by Richard Lee Byers

Great, the 2 trilogies that I have not read . Kuje, are the Lathanderites (I think the right title), main figures within these trilogies?

Edited by - scererar on 23 Jun 2006 22:38:57
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Cleric of Lathander in the Year of Rogue Dragon's Trilogy is argueably the most important/main character in the entire trilogy. He is one of the main party of protagonists and one that is featured greatly.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:49:31  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I forgot to mention...

The Last Mythal Trilogy features a couple of members of the Order of Aster, which is a Lathanderite Paladin Order. They however are more secondary characters than the one featured in the Year of Rogue Dragon's.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  22:51:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a paladin of Lathander in the novels Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck, and Lathander himself is a character in the latter novel.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  23:25:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

The Cleric of Lathander in the Year of Rogue Dragon's Trilogy is argueably the most important/main character in the entire trilogy. He is one of the main party of protagonists and one that is featured greatly.

Pretty much the same for the Threat From the Sea events also. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  23:45:42  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might be totally wrong on this one but I think there is a Ravenloft/FR crossover novel called "Vampire of the mists" which has a Lathander-worshipping sun elf as main character.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

El Magnifico Uno
Learned Scribe

113 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  00:13:28  Show Profile  Visit El Magnifico Uno's Homepage Send El Magnifico Uno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
erm.. Well unless you're deeply into self-flagellation the Threat from the Sea trilogy is very skippable (in my opinion at least).. I am sure some people swear by it as a masterpiece of literature though.. Malenti priestess hottie, Sharksbane Wall, mud-crawling underwater war barge, super-duper Dukar power-up!, it goes on and on.. For me, it was quite painful reading.. On the plus side, it does have a few neat ideas, and the Iakhavos(sp?) villain is an interesting concept.. You might as well give the first book a shot, but I couldn't recommend buying all three at once..
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  01:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

I might be totally wrong on this one but I think there is a Ravenloft/FR crossover novel called "Vampire of the mists" which has a Lathander-worshipping sun elf as main character.

Ergdusch

The character you are thinking of is Jander Sunstar. And I may add that his death scene is one of the coolest ideas for a character death I have ever seen.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  05:19:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Ergdusch

The character you are thinking of is Jander Sunstar. And I may add that his death scene is one of the coolest ideas for a character death I have ever seen.

Ah, but see, he's not dead since the 3rd party sourcebooks say he's still alive. Of course, WOTC might change that now that they have Ravenloft back. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  05:39:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

From what we know... Jander wanted to die in rays of the sun at the end of Vampire of the Mists. However, the Mists of Ravenloft snatched him away before he could be burned, determined to keep him alive in his tortured existence.

Chosen, if you're looking for more about Sunstar, I suggest you pick up Children of the Night: Vampires for his latest mention. Jander also received some updated treatment in the 3e RL Champions of Darkness resource. And for good measure... he's also detailed in the Villains' Lorebook available for free download at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Jun 2006 05:39:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000