Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Parched Sea
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wwwwwww
Learned Scribe

116 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  04:02:34  Show Profile  Visit wwwwwww's Homepage Send wwwwwww a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just finished this one. I must say, I thought it was quite good. I know a lot of readers don't like Denning, but this was a very solid tale. Of the books I've read, I think this might be his very best FR book.

The only thing lacking was a good RSE.

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  05:09:13  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, it was a fairly good novel. I almost wished that Lander would have been around a little longer. Ruha had a good start here though.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  07:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I for one like Troy Denning, although I haven't read Parched Sea yet (have it in my pile o books though.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  11:18:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This book and a couple of others are what keeps me from disliking Denning. While I have seriously disliked some of his books, this one (and its sequel, Vieled Dragon) is one I really enjoyed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 23 Jun 2006 11:19:36
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  11:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it hadn't been for Waterdeep, which for me saved Avatar I might never have continued reading Realms novels, I like his writings...nuff said ;)

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  11:44:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

This book and a couple of others are what keeps me from disliking Denning. While I have seriously disliked some of his books, this one (and its sequel, Vieled Dragon) is one I really enjoyed.

Well met

Aye, Veiled Dragon is one of my favorite Harpers books.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  13:13:28  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there is any of the old Denning books I did not like; my only problem with the giant series is that I did not feel the books were rooted enough in Realmslore even if they are among the realms books I have enjoyed most. That being said, I skipped the whole return of Shade thing, as the theme itself did not interest me, judging by most comments I have seen that is a wise choice.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  18:33:08  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Veiled dragon is a great sequel to the Parched sea. I have always liked Ruha and enjoyed following her into the RotA series, Which in my opinion was also great.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000