Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 im new and i have a question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  17:39:31  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
hello, im recently new to D&D and the world of Faerun, even thought ive been on candlekeep for a long time. i just have a simple question the Players Handbook said nothing specifically about sunder and attacking weapons so i was just wondering. can you use cleave (if you have it of course) on items. like you smash the item and then you proceed to attack a close oppononts weapon?

on second thought lets not go to candlekeep it is a silly place

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  19:46:55  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I know that possibility is not stated directly in the rules.
My anwser to that question though is:

YES you should be able to. Explanation:

Striking a weapon (PHB p. 136) with or without the feat "sunder" is no differnt than a simple single mellee attack targeted at a creature. (If a high-level fighter has 4 attacks he could attack the opponents weapon up to 4 times in a full-round action.) Therefore I argue, it is only natural that if you are successful with your melle attack (no matter if aimed at shattering the opponents weapon or killing the opponent) you can pull through with your cleave attack against any new target in reach, which could be another opponent as well as another opponents weapon.

Thats how I would handle such a situation. Fortunatelly my players are to greedy to ever attack opponents weapons. You don't want to shatter the potential +5 flaming and-what-not bastardsword.

However, there might be a given solution on the D&D homepage that I don't know of or another option is to ask the wizards of WotC directly. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/ask)

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 22 Jun 2006 19:59:51
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  22:08:52  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol we are 1st level charactors usually and if i don't see that the opponents have a flaming battleaxe i could care less plus magical items can be repaired i belive. and i usually have the currancy to afford such actions.

on second thought lets not go to candlekeep it is a silly place
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  07:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, brjr2001

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad ye decided to don thy robes and join us in discussions of lore I hope ye enjoy thy stay and learn much knowledge and Realmslore herein.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  13:11:05  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome to keep brjr2001 (left the line for a quick whee-whee when god handed out the vowels, did you?). Let us hope your stay here will be pleasant and informative.

Perhaps you'd care to click the link to the Candlekeep frappr-map in my signature and show us where you live?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000