Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Libris Mortis Question--Doresain Material
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  01:34:55  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello fellow scribes.

Alright, I admit it, when reading "core" material rulebooks, I often skip over the background and theory material and skip right to the rules, classes, monsters, etc. That having been said, I really didn't read over any of the gods in Libris Mortis except for Orcus to see if there was anything in his entry that might not have been revealed elsewhere.

So, today, I was bored during my lunch hour, and I still have my rulebooks loaded in the car from last night's character creation session. I read about Doresain, and it sparked a few questions.

I know WAY back in 1st edition they mention the King of Ghouls and the relationship to Yeenoghu, but they didn't mention much except that that is part of the reason Yeenoghu is associated with ghouls.

My question is, was Doresain named, and specifically named as a demigod, in previous editions, or was this just an extrapolation from the references to the King of Ghouls?

And, by extention, since Yeenoghu is present in the Realms, what does that say about the presence (if anything) of Doresain in the Forgotten Realms?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000