Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

unknown warrior
Seeker

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2007 :  05:13:32  Show Profile  Visit unknown warrior's Homepage Send unknown warrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you. i did not know the date it was going to come.

Don't stand in my way.
Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Seeker

43 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  03:29:30  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry folks - I have fallen a little behind - main list is updated through 2007 - working on the 2008 portion now.

A box arrived from Amazon.com today with 8 Forgotten Realms novels in it - most of this year's paperback releases - all for $42 bucks. Gotta love 4-for-3 promotions...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29912 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  06:03:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jhoebryn

Gotta love 4-for-3 promotions...

I just took advantage of that deal last week; I ordered three replacements of favorite books, and a book by Elaine.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3524 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  14:29:13  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a new date for you.

Reclamation by Elaine Cunnigham. Song and Swords book VI.

Nov. 4 2008. On amazon here, a very nice looking cover:

Reclamation

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 17 Nov 2007 14:36:42
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29912 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  14:54:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Got a new date for you.

Reclamation

Ack! That's a whole year away! I thought they were targeting an April release for that one...

Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  16:14:07  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for posting this, Red Walker.

Sorry, guys; I've actually known about this date for a while now. I was waiting until WotC announced another wholly new book to put together another post, but its better that everyone know the bad news sooner, I guess. I, too, was very disappointed. Amazon had originally listed the book for March next year. Ah, well, hopefully it'll be the better for the delay.

Speaking of bad novel news, here's some more, [I've been around but not posting or checking too much, due to school, so this may already be common knowledge]: Amazon is now listing Paul Kemp's "Shadowrealm", [Twilight War 3], as a September 2 2008 release, a delay of four months from the original May date. Noooo!

Also, Amazon now has the expected listing for "The Sword Never Sleeps", Book 3 of Ed Greenwood's Knights of Myth Drannor, which comes out in August, on the 5th I think. The site doesn't list "sentinelspire" yet for some reason.

Also, in a RAS interview I read a short time ago, [on a fantasy novel centric site called "fantasy book critic"], he referred to the second Transitions novel as "The Pirate King". Yarr!

Oh, and the date for Lisa Smedman's "Ascendancy of the Last" has not been changed. Lolth will still rock the goodly house and kill all our favourite Eilistraeens despite all foreshadowing to the contrary, [which can go on record as my personal cynical prediction], on June 3 2008.

I hope to start posting more regularly again soon. I've started a couple of posts relating to my 4 E opinions, just to add to the discussion, but haven't managed to finish them yet.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3524 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  21:05:42  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Got a new date for you.

Reclamation

Ack! That's a whole year away! I thought they were targeting an April release for that one...

Mayhaps Elaine wants to give you plenty of time for your nuptuals Wooly!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  01:57:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Consider me unpleasantly surprised about the novel "push-backs".

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Nimriel
Seeker

Sweden
51 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2007 :  20:11:05  Show Profile  Visit Nimriel's Homepage  Click to see Nimriel's MSN Messenger address Send Nimriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since this is a sticky it shold realy be more up to date.
Ghost King, The, R. A. Salvatore (October 2009)
Obsidian Ridge, Jess Lebow (April 2008)
Shield of Weeping Ghosts, The, James P. Davis (May 2008)
Swordmage, The, Richard Baker (May 2008)
Sentinelspire, Mark Sehestedt (July 2008)
Sword never sleeps, The, Ed Greenwood (August 2008)
Pirate King, The, R. A. Salvatore (October 2008)
Best of the Realms, Book IV, The, R. A. Salvatore (2008)
Thanks to o-love.net
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  02:12:39  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Something rather strange:

Amazon.ca now has a listing for Steven Schend's Blackstaff Tower: according to the site's [not always reliable] catalogue, the novel is slated for September 2nd, 2008, which is cool because that's earlier than I was personally expecting. But, the full title of the product according to amazon is "Blackstaff Tower: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep". Could this be a series of Waterdeep centric stand alones overseen by Ed in a manner similar to RAS's involvement in WotSQ? Interesting... Also, this will prove a good litmus test whereby we may determine if WotC has truly gone irrevocably insane: if they are indeed doing a Waterdeep stand alone set, and they do not at least offer one of the slots to Elaine Cunningham, I think we can safely assume that they have tragicly lapsed into gibbering madness. Yet Blackstaff Tower should be good regardless.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  21:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by initiate
Also, this will prove a good litmus test whereby we may determine if WotC has truly gone irrevocably insane: if they are indeed doing a Waterdeep stand alone set, and they do not at least offer one of the slots to Elaine Cunningham, I think we can safely assume that they have tragicly lapsed into gibbering madness.

But remember that Elaine Cunningham is working on other projects now--she may simply not have the time to write any more FR novels in the near future.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Seeker

43 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  22:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated with new provided book list (I searched for each on Amazon to try to get an exact release date). I have also removed 2006 as the post was getting quite long...
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2008 :  17:45:25  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Haven't been posting, [as I just happen to not be reading much Realms stuff right now, and don't have much to say about 4 E], but I've just found some things on amazon's schedule that are rather disturbing:

As usual, this info comes with the qualifier that amazon.ca is not always the font of truth, but their list is showing some delays in WotC's release catalogue:

The Sword Never Sleeps, by Ed Greenwood: now listed for November 2008, [Mayhap this has something to do with Ed also having to hand in Dark Vengeance to Tor and Arch Wizard to Solaris for publication this year.]

Shadowrealm, by Paul S Kemp: delayed again, now listed for December 2008

Reclamation, by Elaine Cunningham: The final novel in the Songs and Swords series is no longer listed as forthcoming from WotC on amazon.ca or [I think] amazon.com; according to these sites it does not have a release date. The change doesn't seem to have caught up with the .uk or .de sites yet. [The hey?]

Perhaps this is just a short lived schedule hiccup? Maybe?
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  02:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does seem like a lot of books are being "pushed back". For example, I recently heard on the WotC boards that Swordmage will be out in September instead of May.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  16:17:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Something rather strange:

Amazon.ca now has a listing for Steven Schend's Blackstaff Tower: according to the site's [not always reliable] catalogue, the novel is slated for September 2nd, 2008, which is cool because that's earlier than I was personally expecting. But, the full title of the product according to amazon is "Blackstaff Tower: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep". Could this be a series of Waterdeep centric stand alones overseen by Ed in a manner similar to RAS's involvement in WotSQ? Interesting... Also, this will prove a good litmus test whereby we may determine if WotC has truly gone irrevocably insane: if they are indeed doing a Waterdeep stand alone set, and they do not at least offer one of the slots to Elaine Cunningham, I think we can safely assume that they have tragicly lapsed into gibbering madness. Yet Blackstaff Tower should be good regardless.

Yes, think of Ed's involvement as like RAS' WotSQ but with a good healthy dose of "Stan Lee Presents" from your old Marvel Comics. In other words, Ed built the bible for the new Waterdeep (along with the FR team) and we authors of the novels played in the sandbox....breaking a few toys....bringing a few of our own....and generally getting sand in uncomfortable places.

Steven
who thanks you for the advance faith in the novel that's currently in galleys on my dining room table...

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  23:19:53  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excelsior!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  10:19:30  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Nuff said!

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Seeker

43 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  14:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated after review of the Wizards website and Amazon.com. I found no date for the new Elaine Cunningham book or "The Fractured Sky" by Thomas Reid on either site.
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2008 :  15:57:45  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: The Fractured Sky and Elaine Cunningham's Reclamation:

Going by amazon.ca, The Fractured Sky was never there. Despite the adverts in the back of 07 Realms novels that stated that the book would come out in November 08, it appears that amazon never received such a listing from WotC. Mayhap this is due to the shake up caused by 4 E rescheduling, [which has already pushed back Shadowrealm and The Sword Never Sleeps, and, apparently, Swordmage as well.]

As for Elaine Cunningham's Reclamation, it was on amazon for November for many moons, but has recently disappeared completely. I'm hoping very much that this is just more reshuffling, or a case of Elaine Cunningham not having finished making the book awesome quite yet. If WotC was to pull a Dragons of the Hourglass Mage stunt on us, I would be very upset.
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2008 :  20:01:19  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage  Send Lameth an ICQ Message Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As for Elaine Cunningham's Reclamation, it was on amazon for November for many moons, but has recently disappeared completely. I'm hoping very much that this is just more reshuffling, or a case of Elaine Cunningham not having finished making the book awesome quite yet. If WotC was to pull a Dragons of the Hourglass Mage stunt on us, I would be very upset.

The amazon release date for Reclamation here in germany is March,04 2008.
But they haven`t send it jet.
Here.

Mod Edit: Shortened the URL somewhat.

Edited by - The Sage on 15 Mar 2008 23:18:47
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2008 :  04:35:32  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Checked amazon.ca again today:

Wizards appears to have gotten their stuff together re. The Fractured Sky, which is now on amazon's catalogue for November 4th, 2008, which would make it on schedule. That's one November release where its supposed to be...

It would seem that a new Realms trilogy will begin in December this year, [the same month in which The Twilight War wraps]: The title of the first novel in Bruce Cordell's Realms series is now listed. And that title is:

Plague of Spells
Abolethic Sovereignty, Book I

Colour me unsurprised.

fyi: Wizards is reissuing Troy Denning's Dark Sun cycle, The Prism Pentad. Might pick this up.

Those who don't want to pay 25 bucks to watch evil people break Krynn, and then dominate the shattered and violated ruins, [again], won't have to wait too long: Margaret Weis's Amber and Blood will be released in paperback in November.

Wooly: Thanks for asking Elaine about Reclamation. That book's just about all that's keeping me going on the Realms right now. I'd describe myself as ... concerned.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2008 :  05:09:15  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

fyi: Wizards is reissuing Troy Denning's Dark Sun cycle, The Prism Pentad. Might pick this up.
Oooh! Neat. I missed out on the "Prism Pentad" the first time around, and I've only ever been able to find one or two of them in second hand bookstores here. At least now I'll be able to complete my DS novel collection.
quote:
Those who don't want to pay 25 bucks to watch evil people break Krynn, and then dominate the shattered and violated ruins, [again], won't have to wait too long: Margaret Weis's Amber and Blood will be released in paperback in November.
Note, however, that the hardcover version will be available in May, and is already available for pre-order at MWP.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2008 :  23:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Plague of Spells
Abolethic Sovereignty, Book I

Colour me unsurprised.

Color me unexcited. :-/

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29912 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  05:06:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Oooh! Neat. I missed out on the "Prism Pentad" the first time around, and I've only ever been able to find one or two of them in second hand bookstores here. At least now I'll be able to complete my DS novel collection.

I, too, missed them the first time around. But I lucked out: someone had a big lot of TSR/WotC novels listed on eBay, and pretty much all of the Dark Sun novels were on there (maybe even all; I've not bothered to look). So now I have the Prism Pentad, and a bunch of other Dark Sun books -- and I got them pretty cheaply.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  07:29:30  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The books comprising the "Pentad" are the only DS novels I'm missing from my collection. Though, I've actually had the opportunity to read Books I, III, and V, loaned from a friend. I even tried, unsuccessfully, to persuade this particular individual to part with them, since she'd slowly been losing interest in DS through the years.

Of course, with the re-release, at least I'll now have the opportunity to read Books II and IV.

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Mar 2008 07:30:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000