Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  09:06:42  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am indeed late to stumble upon this scroll, but Annotated Elminster...I am most definitely drooling!

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

UsagiRyu
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2007 :  19:56:42  Show Profile  Visit UsagiRyu's Homepage Send UsagiRyu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other Upcoming Releases:
Elaine Cunningham - Restoration (Songs and Swords, Book 6)

According to Elaine Cunningham's website Restoration is a Starlight and Shadows book, picking up several years after the end of "Windwalker."

Either way I'm looking forward to it.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2007 :  22:14:11  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UsagiRyu

Other Upcoming Releases:
Elaine Cunningham - Restoration (Songs and Swords, Book 6)

According to Elaine Cunningham's website Restoration is a Starlight and Shadows book, picking up several years after the end of "Windwalker."

Either way I'm looking forward to it.

I think you mean that it picks up after the last Arilyn novel. There, as far as Elaine has said, are no plans to continue the Liriel novels.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2007 :  02:39:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the confusion stems from the description of one of the short stories in the Best of EC:

quote:
Answered Prayers, which revisits Liriel several years after the events of Windwalker

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 May 2007 02:39:39
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2007 :  05:23:39  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New updates from Amazon:

"Undead", Book 2 of RLB's Haunted Land trilogy, is listde for a March 2008 release, which has been generally known for a while as its listed in the adverts in the back of a lot of recent FR novels. Also, for those who are collecting the Legend of Drizzt hardcovers, "Book XIII: Sea of Swords" releases in March next year. It seems that, as its been retroactively removed from the "Paths of Darkness" series, [such is the power of Drizzt as a market force that he can alter the warp and weft of trilogies passed], "Servant of the Shard" will not be included in these hardcover printings. If that's not enough Drizzt in the space of one month to satisfy you, take heart, as a "twentieth anniversary collector's edition" of Book 2 is also beeing printed that month.

Here, however, is relatively fresh news: A listing has recently appeared on Amazon.ca for "Reclamation", Songs and Swords Book VI, by Elaine Cunningham. This listing has the long anticipated novel releasing on March 4th, 2008. This is Amazon, so what they say should be taken with a grain of salt; [when you're dealing with the number of books their system does, mistakes will inevitably be made I suppose], but it would be really cool if this info was correct. I'm pretty sure that this is my personal "most highly anticipated" Realms novel right now, and I'm anticipating quite a few!

Edited by - initiate on 13 Jun 2007 05:31:25
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2007 :  01:39:31  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WotC's April 2008 products are starting to appear on Amazon. The Realms releases include:

the paperback printing of the Legend of Drizzt edition of "The Legacy"

the mass market paperback printing of "Swords of Dragonfire", Book 2 of the Knights of Myth Drannor by Ed Greenwood

and the next Citadels novel: "Obsidian Ridge", by Jess Lebow

Also, the Amazon listing for Songs and Swords VI, "Reclamation", hasn't gone away, and still lists the novel as a March 4th 2008 release. Glorious!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2007 :  08:34:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by initiate

Well met

Ahhh, a good find, initiate Looks like it's time to tap Jess for more info

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2007 :  17:16:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Initiate, do you have a link for this? I can't find it anywhere

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2007 :  23:05:57  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, my apologies. I can't post links from this computer, but I found it this way:

Go to www.amazon.ca , search in "books" for "obsidian ridge", and it should show up as the first and only result. I found it the first time by searching in books for wizards of the coast and then sorting the search results by publication date; [the site gives you the option to do this]. Sorting the list this way shows the products WotC will publish farthest in the future first, and "Obsidian Ridge" was near the top of the list, along with the other April 08 releases.

I hope you can find it and that I didn't imagine it!

Edit: I didn't put the link to amazon.ca into this post. It happened when I posted the message and it does not work.

Mod edit: The link wasn't working because it acquired a comma. I moved the comma over, so the link now works.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 11 Jul 2007 01:53:23
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  02:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Jess Lebow impressed me with his last novel--I'm happy to hear he has another one on the way.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Renzokuken
Acolyte

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2007 :  00:56:26  Show Profile  Visit Renzokuken's Homepage Send Renzokuken a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Jess will not disappoint me with another novel.

Currently reading: Dark Elf Trilogy (FR)
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  04:39:49  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'll be! I'd been checking amazon.ca for WotC updates fairly regularly for the last couple of days, as its rolling back around to that time of the month again, but was actually alerted to the presence of the update by Dragon Reader in the "Citadels Series" thread. Can't turn my back for a minute...

Anyhow, for the record, May 2008 will see the release of "The Shield of Weeping Ghosts" by James P Davis, the third novel in "The Citadels". Hurrah!

Its early days yet, I suppose, but Paul S Kemp's last Twilight War novel "Shadowrealm" isn't on amazon's May 08 list yet. Hope this will change in time; the Twilight War novels have come pretty close together, but Paul writes wicked cliffhangers and I'd hate to have to wait a day longer than necissary!

And now for something new: There is now an item listed on amazon.ca called "Swordmage". Under the "product details" section of its entry it is listed as having 352 pages, the same as a lot of FR novels. Its also a hardcover and its written by Richard Baker. Its priced at $29.something Canadian which is cheap for a WotC hardcover, but could this be a new novel from Rich Baker? Hmm, very interesting.

As I believe has been noted elsewhere, Elaine Cunningham's Songs and Swords novel "Reclamation" has been bumped back from March 4th 2008 to April 1st 2008. No matter; it shall still come soon enough. And then, joy shall reign from a golden throne.

Oh, and the new mass market paperback printing of RAS's "Starless Night" will hit next May as well.

Though there's no release date yet, and the announcement was made over in the "2008 FR rpg products" thread by the author himself, this is the upcoming novels thread, so: Steven Schend has said that he has written a sequel to "Blackstaff" called "Blackstaff Tower", which will be released some time in autumn of 2008. Let there be much jubilation!

An OT sidenote: Just because there are people who might like to know, the third of Margaret Weis's "Dark Disciple" Dragonlance novels appears to be scheduled for May 2008. It is entitled "Amber and Blood".

For those who wish to varify my findings, I apologize for my inability to post links. Go to www.amazon.ca search in "books" for "wizards of the coast". You then have the option to sort your search results; do so by "publication date", the last option in the box. May 08's products should appear at the top of that list. Hopefully you'll be able to turn up any mistakes I've made!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  04:46:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

An OT sidenote: Just because there are people who might like to know, the third of Margaret Weis's "Dark Disciple" Dragonlance novels appears to be scheduled for May 2008. It is entitled "Amber and Blood".
Ah, so the release date's finally set. Neato! Thanks initiate...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

unknown warrior
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  18:23:51  Show Profile  Visit unknown warrior's Homepage Send unknown warrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
has anyone heard anything about the knew drizzt novel the orc king by chance.anything would be helpful.

Don't stand in my way.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2007 :  01:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unknown warrior

has anyone heard anything about the knew drizzt novel the orc king by chance.anything would be helpful.

September 25 according to Amazon.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

unknown warrior
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2007 :  05:13:32  Show Profile  Visit unknown warrior's Homepage Send unknown warrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you. i did not know the date it was going to come.

Don't stand in my way.
Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  03:29:30  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry folks - I have fallen a little behind - main list is updated through 2007 - working on the 2008 portion now.

A box arrived from Amazon.com today with 8 Forgotten Realms novels in it - most of this year's paperback releases - all for $42 bucks. Gotta love 4-for-3 promotions...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  06:03:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jhoebryn

Gotta love 4-for-3 promotions...

I just took advantage of that deal last week; I ordered three replacements of favorite books, and a book by Elaine.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  14:29:13  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a new date for you.

Reclamation by Elaine Cunnigham. Song and Swords book VI.

Nov. 4 2008. On amazon here, a very nice looking cover:

Reclamation

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 17 Nov 2007 14:36:42
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  14:54:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Got a new date for you.

Reclamation

Ack! That's a whole year away! I thought they were targeting an April release for that one...

Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  16:14:07  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for posting this, Red Walker.

Sorry, guys; I've actually known about this date for a while now. I was waiting until WotC announced another wholly new book to put together another post, but its better that everyone know the bad news sooner, I guess. I, too, was very disappointed. Amazon had originally listed the book for March next year. Ah, well, hopefully it'll be the better for the delay.

Speaking of bad novel news, here's some more, [I've been around but not posting or checking too much, due to school, so this may already be common knowledge]: Amazon is now listing Paul Kemp's "Shadowrealm", [Twilight War 3], as a September 2 2008 release, a delay of four months from the original May date. Noooo!

Also, Amazon now has the expected listing for "The Sword Never Sleeps", Book 3 of Ed Greenwood's Knights of Myth Drannor, which comes out in August, on the 5th I think. The site doesn't list "sentinelspire" yet for some reason.

Also, in a RAS interview I read a short time ago, [on a fantasy novel centric site called "fantasy book critic"], he referred to the second Transitions novel as "The Pirate King". Yarr!

Oh, and the date for Lisa Smedman's "Ascendancy of the Last" has not been changed. Lolth will still rock the goodly house and kill all our favourite Eilistraeens despite all foreshadowing to the contrary, [which can go on record as my personal cynical prediction], on June 3 2008.

I hope to start posting more regularly again soon. I've started a couple of posts relating to my 4 E opinions, just to add to the discussion, but haven't managed to finish them yet.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  21:05:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Got a new date for you.

Reclamation

Ack! That's a whole year away! I thought they were targeting an April release for that one...

Mayhaps Elaine wants to give you plenty of time for your nuptuals Wooly!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  01:57:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Consider me unpleasantly surprised about the novel "push-backs".

Go to Top of Page

Nimriel
Seeker

Sweden
51 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2007 :  20:11:05  Show Profile  Visit Nimriel's Homepage Send Nimriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since this is a sticky it shold realy be more up to date.
Ghost King, The, R. A. Salvatore (October 2009)
Obsidian Ridge, Jess Lebow (April 2008)
Shield of Weeping Ghosts, The, James P. Davis (May 2008)
Swordmage, The, Richard Baker (May 2008)
Sentinelspire, Mark Sehestedt (July 2008)
Sword never sleeps, The, Ed Greenwood (August 2008)
Pirate King, The, R. A. Salvatore (October 2008)
Best of the Realms, Book IV, The, R. A. Salvatore (2008)
Thanks to o-love.net
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  02:12:39  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Something rather strange:

Amazon.ca now has a listing for Steven Schend's Blackstaff Tower: according to the site's [not always reliable] catalogue, the novel is slated for September 2nd, 2008, which is cool because that's earlier than I was personally expecting. But, the full title of the product according to amazon is "Blackstaff Tower: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep". Could this be a series of Waterdeep centric stand alones overseen by Ed in a manner similar to RAS's involvement in WotSQ? Interesting... Also, this will prove a good litmus test whereby we may determine if WotC has truly gone irrevocably insane: if they are indeed doing a Waterdeep stand alone set, and they do not at least offer one of the slots to Elaine Cunningham, I think we can safely assume that they have tragicly lapsed into gibbering madness. Yet Blackstaff Tower should be good regardless.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  21:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Also, this will prove a good litmus test whereby we may determine if WotC has truly gone irrevocably insane: if they are indeed doing a Waterdeep stand alone set, and they do not at least offer one of the slots to Elaine Cunningham, I think we can safely assume that they have tragicly lapsed into gibbering madness.

But remember that Elaine Cunningham is working on other projects now--she may simply not have the time to write any more FR novels in the near future.

Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  22:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated with new provided book list (I searched for each on Amazon to try to get an exact release date). I have also removed 2006 as the post was getting quite long...
Go to Top of Page

initiate
Learned Scribe

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2008 :  17:45:25  Show Profile  Visit initiate's Homepage Send initiate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Haven't been posting, [as I just happen to not be reading much Realms stuff right now, and don't have much to say about 4 E], but I've just found some things on amazon's schedule that are rather disturbing:

As usual, this info comes with the qualifier that amazon.ca is not always the font of truth, but their list is showing some delays in WotC's release catalogue:

The Sword Never Sleeps, by Ed Greenwood: now listed for November 2008, [Mayhap this has something to do with Ed also having to hand in Dark Vengeance to Tor and Arch Wizard to Solaris for publication this year.]

Shadowrealm, by Paul S Kemp: delayed again, now listed for December 2008

Reclamation, by Elaine Cunningham: The final novel in the Songs and Swords series is no longer listed as forthcoming from WotC on amazon.ca or [I think] amazon.com; according to these sites it does not have a release date. The change doesn't seem to have caught up with the .uk or .de sites yet. [The hey?]

Perhaps this is just a short lived schedule hiccup? Maybe?
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  02:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does seem like a lot of books are being "pushed back". For example, I recently heard on the WotC boards that Swordmage will be out in September instead of May.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  16:17:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Something rather strange:

Amazon.ca now has a listing for Steven Schend's Blackstaff Tower: according to the site's [not always reliable] catalogue, the novel is slated for September 2nd, 2008, which is cool because that's earlier than I was personally expecting. But, the full title of the product according to amazon is "Blackstaff Tower: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep". Could this be a series of Waterdeep centric stand alones overseen by Ed in a manner similar to RAS's involvement in WotSQ? Interesting... Also, this will prove a good litmus test whereby we may determine if WotC has truly gone irrevocably insane: if they are indeed doing a Waterdeep stand alone set, and they do not at least offer one of the slots to Elaine Cunningham, I think we can safely assume that they have tragicly lapsed into gibbering madness. Yet Blackstaff Tower should be good regardless.

Yes, think of Ed's involvement as like RAS' WotSQ but with a good healthy dose of "Stan Lee Presents" from your old Marvel Comics. In other words, Ed built the bible for the new Waterdeep (along with the FR team) and we authors of the novels played in the sandbox....breaking a few toys....bringing a few of our own....and generally getting sand in uncomfortable places.

Steven
who thanks you for the advance faith in the novel that's currently in galleys on my dining room table...

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000