Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Is there a mistake?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eomer
Acolyte

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  07:01:54  Show Profile  Visit eomer's Homepage Send eomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a mistake in the following text about Tethir from Grand Tour of the Realms:
This rich but troubled land is now a realm of changing rulers and uncertain power. The heir to Alemander IV staged a pocket revolution to put himself on the throne, but did not reckon with the degree of discontent among the Amnian people. The heir was assassinated along with Alemander, and, in a period known as the Ten Black Days of Eleint, most of the royal court was eliminated.

As I know from "Lands of Intrigue" Amnians had nothing to do with Ten black days or revolution. Maybe author meant to say Tethirian people?

Yours Faithfully, Konstantin aka Eomer

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  08:28:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a mistake to me.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  10:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure is a small little mistake. Well, it can be overlooked anyway, just inform the author of the mistake and it would be corrected.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

eomer
Acolyte

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  10:32:04  Show Profile  Visit eomer's Homepage Send eomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Sure is a small little mistake. Well, it can be overlooked anyway, just inform the author of the mistake and it would be corrected.

Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb?
I don't think someone would correct it now, BTW.

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  10:48:58  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eomer

quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb?
I don't think someone would correct it now, BTW.

Perhaps Brian.R.James who wrote the article might correct it.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

eomer
Acolyte

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  11:26:48  Show Profile  Visit eomer's Homepage Send eomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which article do you mean?

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  11:29:21  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Which article do you mean?

Grand Tour of The Realms which you spotted the mistake.

Go to Top of Page

eomer
Acolyte

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  11:35:43  Show Profile  Visit eomer's Homepage Send eomer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see. Thank you!
I just didn't undersood that you called it article. I mean it's almost separate rulebook ;)

Do you know how to contact him?

Edited by - eomer on 19 Apr 2006 11:37:44
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  11:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I see. Thank you!
I just didn't undersood that you called it article. I mean it's almost separate rulebook ;)

Do you know how to contact him?

That I am not certain but maybe try private messaging him for i think he is one of the members here in this forum though he isn't a regular.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  13:49:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is there a mistake in the following text about Tethir from Grand Tour of the Realms:
This rich but troubled land is now a realm of changing rulers and uncertain power. The heir to Alemander IV staged a pocket revolution to put himself on the throne, but did not reckon with the degree of discontent among the Amnian people. The heir was assassinated along with Alemander, and, in a period known as the Ten Black Days of Eleint, most of the royal court was eliminated.

As I know from "Lands of Intrigue" Amnians had nothing to do with Ten black days or revolution. Maybe author meant to say Tethirian people?

I seem to recall Jeff Grubb talking about this before... on the REALMS-L.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  01:51:22  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe their be some confusion here. "A Grand Tour of the Realms" is a sourcebook that was included in the 2nd-Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting boxed set. I wrote "A Grand History of the Realms" which is a fan compilation of forgotten realms timelines. So, no I cannot correct this error if it exists. :D

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2006 :  22:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

I believe their be some confusion here. "A Grand Tour of the Realms" is a sourcebook that was included in the 2nd-Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting boxed set. I wrote "A Grand History of the Realms" which is a fan compilation of forgotten realms timelines. So, no I cannot correct this error if it exists. :D

Consider this corrected by LANDS OF INTRIGUE, which came out after this and thus fixed/course-corrected all previous lore to its new status quo.

And bear in mind there used to be scores of equally niggling continuity snafus like that until many folk banded together to help me research and correct as many (if not all) as I could in LOI. And I think the labor was worth it.

Steven
who knows George liked at least one retconned explain away of a problem from FR4 The Magister....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2006 :  02:23:34  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend
And bear in mind there used to be scores of equally niggling continuity snafus like that until many folk banded together to help me research and correct as many (if not all) as I could in LOI. And I think the labor was worth it.

Steven
who knows George liked at least one retconned explain away of a problem from FR4 The Magister....

Hmm, I'm guessing that this was the Namarra, Serrus: founder of Amn re-jig ... there's been ever so many over the long years!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000