Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 The year of risen elf kin?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  02:38:20  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nightbreeze

It's terribly obvious and boring, but how about

the reclamation of Myth Drannor?

Successful, elven rule restored and still no talk on how weak the city would be after reclamation.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  02:50:22  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Besides that the Vhaeraunites were reported to be the closest to reclaiming the city. It is a clear stated goal that the fair elves so far appear unable to or unwilling to prevent.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  10:08:26  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, well! Nice guess there! Myth Drannor reclaimed! By the Drow! The thoght does make ssome sence, has the goal of the surface drows to reclaim the old city of song been spelled out more than once in FR books so far. (FRCS, FR Lords of Darkness).

As far as I will go in my campaign: I will re-play the adventure "City of the Spider Queen". There we will have, if the plan should work out, lots of "risen elfkin".

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  17:23:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Well, well! Nice guess there! Myth Drannor reclaimed! By the Drow! The thoght does make ssome sence, has the goal of the surface drows to reclaim the old city of song been spelled out more than once in FR books so far. (FRCS, FR Lords of Darkness).

As far as I will go in my campaign: I will re-play the adventure "City of the Spider Queen". There we will have, if the plan should work out, lots of "risen elfkin".

Ergdusch

Actually, I think you should read the Last Mythal trilogy since it wasn't reclaimed by drow. :) Or the spoiler paragraph in Power of Faerun.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  18:00:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Or the spoiler paragraph in Power of Faerun.

Also known as the infamous page 28 spoiler.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  13:26:31  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should have stumbled arcoss this warning before flipping through PoF yestereve. I know all about it now!!!

If that does not make it more than obvious what the name of that year is hinting at...

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 20 Jun 2006 13:33:22
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  16:29:51  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Given that it's the Year of Risen Elfkin and not the Year of Risen Elves, maybe some major half-elf related event is set to occur?

Edited by - nbnmare on 20 Jun 2006 16:30:11
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  01:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember too that the name of a year may not necessarily refer to a huge, Realms-wide event.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  08:28:23  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Ah, George, don't forget you'll get to see Khelben (however briefly) in Ed's SWORDS OF EVENINGSTAR, too . . .
Oh, AND Blackstaff Tower and a few apprentices and ex-apprentices.
Not that I've READ it, of course.
love,
THO

Curses! Another book to add to the BUY IMMEDIATELY LIST.
Go to Top of Page

D-brane
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  08:53:37  Show Profile  Visit D-brane's Homepage Send D-brane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's shared some details about his upcoming SWORDS OF EVENINGSTAR novel is his thread here at the 'keep. You should probably check it out BlackAce.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Edited by - D-brane on 24 Jun 2006 08:54:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000