Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Powerful Mages of Faerun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  13:19:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, THO just said that...

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

A Real-World Postscript: "Snilloc" is the creation of TSR and now WotC staffer Andy Collins (read the name backwards).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  20:34:04  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

for someone who i havent seen around really (bc youre sorta newish), thauramarth, you sure can find some useful tidbits!

Ah, always lurking below the surface in Candlekeep, but in the Realms since 1988 :-) . The good old times, the Grey Box, the thrill of reading "Spellfire" for the first time.

Damn, I'm old
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  21:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Demonbinder

Snilloc was a creation of Andy Collins (or so I have been told), and therefore one guess as to where the name came from...

Did he come from the same place as the hordes of Trebors and Nybors who infest the multiverse?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  21:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Ahhh, Agannazar of the Covenant. A guy near and dear to my heart. I've posted this before, but here is an Ed and Eric-assisted history of the mage cabal which contains some info on this fellow:

(snip)

Hope this has been useful.

-- George Krashos

Useful? Blimey, George, I should say so! One of my players happened to mention Agannazar just two days ago, and here you have unfolded his c.v. for me. Bravo!

Now ... how's about further info on Presper and Grimwald, please? The impression I have received from LEoF is that the desertion of the perfiidious elves doomed Phalorm. It would be beneficial to learn more of the wizards who supported it.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  22:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*watches Jamallo Kreen run right into and bounce off a powerful wall of NDA spell*
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  01:55:36  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well said, George! Your words deserve to be shouted by heralds from battlements! Thank you!
I'd thank you personally and properly, but Ed tells me you're very happily married.
love,
THO
A Real-World Postscript: "Snilloc" is the creation of TSR and now WotC staffer Andy Collins (read the name backwards).

Not to disagree with THO, but Snilloc long predates Andy Collins' involvement in gaming and the Realms. I believe there was a Mr. Dave Collins who was a long-time friend of Jeff Grubb. Dave owned a house on Lake Geneva and 'twas this Collins who generated the snowball spells that shared his wizard's name of Snilloc (way back in FR Adventures might've been the first appearance).

Steven
Who feels like a dinosaur of gaming but can attest that he's met Mr. Dave Collins

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com

Edited by - Steven Schend on 19 Apr 2006 01:58:48
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  02:05:25  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha interesting to both Arivia and Steven

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  02:59:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

Well said, George! Your words deserve to be shouted by heralds from battlements! Thank you!
I'd thank you personally and properly, but Ed tells me you're very happily married.
love,
THO

Not to disagree with THO, but Snilloc long predates Andy Collins' involvement in gaming and the Realms. I believe there was a Mr. Dave Collins who was a long-time friend of Jeff Grubb. Dave owned a house on Lake Geneva and 'twas this Collins who generated the snowball spells that shared his wizard's name of Snilloc (way back in FR Adventures might've been the first appearance).

Steven
Who feels like a dinosaur of gaming but can attest that he's met Mr. Dave Collins

Did he also come up with Snilloc's Cream Pie? 'Twas mentioned in that same spell entry, and later used by Danilo Thann ("Dessert was, of course, on them.").

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2006 :  22:14:36  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First five you wrote were of course known to me, but I have heard perhaps of one third of those names in the long list...
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2006 :  22:24:33  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

love,
THO

Steven

Did he also come up with Snilloc's Cream Pie? 'Twas mentioned in that same spell entry, and later used by Danilo Thann ("Dessert was, of course, on them.").

Ayup.

The joke was all Elaine, though.

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page