Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dargoths Red Hand of Doom relocation plans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2006 :  09:04:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I plan on doing 2 versions one for The Cold lands and one For the North/Northern Sword Coast

Part 1: Vaasa & Damara

North East Moonsea

Replace Azarr Kul with Shudu-Ab Princess of the Dark Scaly Ones (LE Female Mulan Cleric 6 of Tiamat/Talon of Tiamat 7): When the Mulhorandi took Unthalass Shudu-Ab and her Serpent Guard fled through a portal linking Altar of the Scales in Unthalass with the Wings of the Queen Reborn temple beneath Castle Perilous

OR

Azarr Kul is a Half White Dragon; he’s the son of Arctigis, Zhengyi the Witch Kings White Dragon Mount

Replace Drellins Ferry with Darmshall

Vraath Keep was an old military outpost of Damera’s. The Witch Kings army destroyed it when they invaded Damera

Make Warklegnaw a Cloud Giant instead of a Frost Giant

Skull Gorge Bridge is the spans the Pelauvir River north of Darmshall in Vaasa

Jarett Nurth is a CE Female Rogue 4/Cleric 4 of Orcus

Mercenary Gold encounter: Captain Helmbreaker and his Shing Axe Company are based in the Hillsafar Hall mines in Vaasa

The Lions of Brindol are Spysong agents

The Tiri Kitor are a Small tribe of Avariel living in the Bottomless bogs in Vaasa

The Blackfens are the Bottomless bogs (Which are located West of Castle Perilous and east of the Pelauvir River. The Ruins of Rhest are the ancient remains of Giant city long since abandoned. Describe everything as normal but it make it larger (After all it’s a city of Giants not humans)

Replace the Ghostlord with Banak (CE Human Lich Cleric of Orcus 6 Thrall of Orcus 5) Banak has relocated to the recently uncovered Dwarven mines of Talagbar, he has done this so the Grand Father of the Assassins wont know about his stolen Phylactery

Change Varanthian from a Half Fiend Behir to an Adult White Dragon

Replace Brindol with Bloodstone Gate.
Replace the Cathedral of Pelor with the Abbey of Saint Sollars (Ilmater)
The Shrine to Yondalla is in Waukeshire (In Bloodstone pass but not in Bloodstone gate itself)

Replace Lord Kerden Jarmaath with Baron Tranth (Im assuming Gareth gave the Bloodstone Barony back to Baron Tranth when he became King of Damara)

The Battle for the Walls of “Brindol” is actually the battle for the Vaasa Gate

The Fane of the Tiamat is located in the cavern under the Witchkings castle

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  02:52:07  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice Dargoth. I think we may have discussed this before but I too am looking to relocate Red Hand of Doom to the Cold Lands.

I'm planning it as the follow-up adventure to Sons of Gruumsh in my next campaign. If you happen to start this adventure in Northern Faerun before May or June I would be interested in hearing how it goes. I don't forsee many problems with the location though.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  00:51:59  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably wont be running Red hand of Doom any time soon my Players are doing City of the Spider Queen and the next campaign will be over on the Sword Coast.

I posted the Cold lands conversion as a way to show the moule can be relocated to other areas of Faerun (outside of Channathvale)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  16:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My campaign got delayed a bit because of people being busy, changing jobs, and my wife having a baby...

I am planning on starting my campaign on August 1st and I am going to use the relocation plans that are detailed her. I may not make all of the changes, but definitely the locations as my campaign is starting in the Moonsea region.

Another change I'm striving to make is to have the Red Wizards (or a Red Wizard) responsible for the Red Hand of Doom. Making the Red Wizards responsible will help tie my campaign together and not make it feel like a random adventure thrown into the overall plotline.

Now I will pose a question for any scribe who is more creative than I....

Can anybody come up wtih a reason that the Red Wizards would want a horde of Dragon-worshipping Goblins to attack Damara?

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  01:14:10  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Couple of Hooks that spring to mind

1) Red Wizards have set up an enclave in Bloodstone village and have decided to create an artificial increase in demand for magic items by stiring up the goblinoids in Vaasa.

2) A Red Wizard wants to set up a Thayan enclave in Damara but Gareth Dragonsbane knocks him back the Red Wizard stirs up trouble in Vaasa as revenge for Gareth decision

3) A Red Wizard of Thay is also a Wearer of the Purple he travels to Vaasa with the intention of stiring up the Goblinoids to help "You know who" From the Year of Rogue Dragons ie you run RHOD during the events of the 2nd book of the YoRD trilogy

4) A Red Wizard has become a follower of Tiamat. Tiamat orders the Red Wizard to travel to Vaasa and recruit the Dragons nesting on the Ruins of the Witch Kings castle. The Red Wizard, the Dragons and the Horde of Goblinoids are Tiamats vengence on the people of Damara for Gareth Dragonsbane killing her avatar. (Ie the events of H4 Throne of Bloodstone)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  01:54:52  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like #1

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  11:25:54  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Couple of Hooks that spring to mind

1) Red Wizards have set up an enclave in Bloodstone village and have decided to create an artificial increase in demand for magic items by stiring up the goblinoids in Vaasa.

Don't forget, though, that items sold by the Enclaves are mostly useless in physical conflicts (official policy) and do not cause major damages. So a rise of goblins activity does not necessarily imply a major rise in Thayan Enclaves' sells.

Your adaptation notes in the OP are great by the way.

Bocklin
Go to Top of Page

Agis_of_Asticles
Acolyte

Brazil
17 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2007 :  02:55:11  Show Profile  Visit Agis_of_Asticles's Homepage Send Agis_of_Asticles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with this adventure as the next to my players. They are at Dalesland, which is near of the region adapted by Dargoth. They are in Marpenoth, 1372.
First I thought to place de adventure where it recomended [south of The Shaar], but I like the idea of put the PCs in the middle of events envolving the Year of the Dragon Rogues. I would like to envolve the Red Wizards too, because they will be so envolved on the next events.
Like Dargoth explained, thats not appear to be so difficult to make this changes. But I want to know more about the details of each change. What books I can read to do a good job with this. I'm asking for help because here in Brazil we have fell books, so I don't have much references and I will look for the books that you recomend.

Sorry guys. Bad english, I know.

“While the wise may worship, only fools bow and wait.”
A North’s saying [FR]

Suporting the petition to our local [Brazil] publisher of Wizards [Devir] to publish more translated books. [http://www.petitiononline.com/DevirRPG/petition.html]
Go to Top of Page

Agis_of_Asticles
Acolyte

Brazil
17 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2007 :  04:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Agis_of_Asticles's Homepage Send Agis_of_Asticles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One more thing: I'm concerned about the year of rogue dragons. This adventure will work with this major event? How can I explain the dragons in the adventure [whit the rage]? There is some way to suppress the rage? A Wearer of purple could do this?
I really need orientations... please!

Sorry guys. Bad english, I know.

“While the wise may worship, only fools bow and wait.”
A North’s saying [FR]

Suporting the petition to our local [Brazil] publisher of Wizards [Devir] to publish more translated books. [http://www.petitiononline.com/DevirRPG/petition.html]
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2007 :  15:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used this adventure (where 'suggested' in Channath Vale), and tied it into lots of other themes and recurring villains in my own campaign. As a DM I really thought this was a great adventure and was really easy to run, with all the notes, sidebars, and DM suggestions throughout.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000