Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Breunor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  11:20:51  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Sorry just curious, does anyone know what race is breunor, please don't tell me drawf, i mean what kind of drawf.

Thank u

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  11:28:08  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bruenor Battlehammer is a shield dwarf, as most dwarves in the North are. Gold dwarves are rare up north and mainly found in the Great Rift, if I'm not mistaken.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  16:03:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Bruenor Battlehammer is a shield dwarf, as most dwarves in the North are. Gold dwarves are rare up north and mainly found in the Great Rift, if I'm not mistaken.

Gold dwarves are becoming more well-known, now. Since the Thunder Blessing, they've been a lot more prominent.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  16:45:04  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Gold dwarves are becoming more well-known, now. Since the Thunder Blessing, they've been a lot more prominent.

The Thunder Blessing seems, although I love the idea of more dwarves around and the race back from the brink of extinction, a bit tacked on. I can't remember anything about the Thunder Blessing before 3e

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  17:40:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Thunder Blessing seems, although I love the idea of more dwarves around and the race back from the brink of extinction, a bit tacked on. I can't remember anything about the Thunder Blessing before 3e

It wasn't around before 3e -- it was intro'ed with the FRCS. However, this change was one of the few they explained. The Thunder Blessing happened in 1306. That's when more dwarves started being born. The reason it wasn't noticed until recently is because it's only been in the last few years that the Thunder Children have been old enough to leave their homes. They weren't noticed before because they weren't going out into the world, before.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  17:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It wasn't around before 3e -- it was intro'ed with the FRCS. However, this change was one of the few they explained. The Thunder Blessing happened in 1306. That's when more dwarves started being born. The reason it wasn't noticed until recently is because it's only been in the last few years that the Thunder Children have been old enough to leave their homes. They weren't noticed before because they weren't going out into the world, before.

I've read that part, but it doesn't explain the dour and grumpy dwarf stuff you got in 2e. Well, maybe it explains it somewhat...with all them teenage dwarf males and females...with such a bunch I'd probably be grumpy too

Go to Top of Page

silverwizard
Seeker

Greece
76 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  21:07:40  Show Profile  Visit silverwizard's Homepage Send silverwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, retcon always has unpleasant consequences. Overall, I liked the change, however. The image of dwarven craftsmen/miners working wonders in vast, lonely caverns has always been strangely heart-warming to me, and the fact that they were dying out was disturbing. Dwarves are not my favourite race, however (elves are).
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  15:12:32  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just didn't want to opena new topic so I will ask this question here, during Demonstone( i'm talking about the game here) Why was drizzt so worried that the trolls would entre Mithril hall? I mean, its not as if a few thousand drawves would be afraid of a measely dozen trolls
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  17:20:08  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because even a few dozen trolls can eat several dozen dwarves before they are stopped?

Just a thought. ;-)

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  14:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not likely the answer, especially when the drawves are even more unlikely to let outside people and a few battlerager defend their home for them. I mean, can you imagine any dwarf letting their kin fight off trolls outside their city while they hide inside? No way would Mithral hall be doomed. not unless all the drawves had suddenly suffered a heart attack or temporal paralysis
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  15:34:02  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well as I reckon Drizzt in the novels, his own conscience would put him into harms way, and the thought that the blood of some innocent - better helpless – dwarfs might be spilled would spur him into action. I think that he didn’t feared for his friends in general, but thought that he would be better equipped for dealing with the menace. Maybe the game tried to bring something like this into play – but maybe I’m very far from the Drizzt in the game.
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2007 :  16:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or maybe perhaps he was just trying to steal all the fun.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2007 :  01:06:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chataro

I just didn't want to opena new topic so I will ask this question here, during Demonstone( i'm talking about the game here) Why was drizzt so worried that the trolls would entre Mithril hall? I mean, its not as if a few thousand drawves would be afraid of a measely dozen trolls

No, but not every dwarf is a combatant, and even the ones that are won't be wandering around fully armed and armored, in their own home. A dozen trolls can do a serious amount of damage to those that aren't prepared.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000