Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Where is set your campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  03:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
We have a thread to name our favorite realm or region of the realm but i'd like to know which region you play or DM in. Are the remote realms (Halruaa,Var,Chult etc) widely used?

For me:

Group #1 I DM (low-mid level) are in the Moonsea (the Paladin will probably finish with a heart attack)
Group #2 I DM (mid-high level)have a Town in the Thunderpeak but are presently in Undermountain.

I wish to use the Western Hearthland in the futur and maybe the area of Luskan and the region oh Thetyr and Amn

Thanks in advance for your posts!

Lord Nemes

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  03:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently running two Realmsian games; one is set in the Sword Coast(the players are currently in the Cloak Wood) and the other is set in Impiltur(the players are currently in Cairnpur looking for a local Herald).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  03:47:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got two Realms campaigns running at the moment...

One is a Realms-canon campaign -- and is currently based in the Border Kingdoms (Surprised? Yeah... right ) during 1365 DR.

The other is based on my popular FR/PS merger campaign whereby the Realms has suffered a massive and devastating Blood War incursion shortly after the Time of Troubles. We're currently based in 1369 DR... and the PCs are working with the underground resistance in Arabel in order to free the city from fiendish occupation.

I'm also deciding on locales for my annual Realms "April Fool's Day" one-shot campaign. I think the PCs journeys across the Non-Elemental Plane of Candy has run its course. I need somewhere new...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  04:08:55  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have four solo PBEM games going on:

Underdark / Semberholme.
Evermeet / Evereska
Sword Coast ( Waterdeep / Baldur's Gate )
Halruaa
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  04:49:54  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Well - I'm not *actually* playing any Realms-specific games - however -

Most recently - as a player - we were based in Highmoon - where we actually have built an estate outside the town walls and a monk of Oghma has built a larger temple - along with a school. Another player was working on a temple/way-station outside of town on the Cormyr side - about a days ride out - to act as a 'buffer' for anything - including the Orc-Giant army that we ended up alerting the Cormyrians to - and helped end the threat of.

As a DM - well - 'most recently' in the Realms would be about a dozen years ago. However - the group I am assembling to play with soon - I am not sure where they will be based. Possibly the Western Heartland - as I am learning a lot about that as of late!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  05:33:03  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm DMing one game set first in the Underdark in Menzo, then in Waterdeep, then in Everaska. But I have to re-think the campaign ending and such since one of my strongest players has left.

I have another campaign idea swirling my head. It will be set on the Sword Coast with pirates eventually ending the characters on Evermeet.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  13:31:21  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I run two FR campaign :

First (Paused because two players got new babies(twin) ) : "Shadow thieves agents" in Waterdeep/Skullport.

Second (With the three others players) : Harpers in the North.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenose
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  15:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Bluenose's Homepage Send Bluenose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't normally DM the Realms, but my groups REalms DM has had an emergency and left me to finish off the campaign I was playing in. That is set around the fringes of the Silver Marches, mostly in the area between the Marches and the edge of Anauroch. While Obould's war was getting all the attention, in our home campaign this area was being infiltrated by smaller, less organised, and more diverse bands of goblinoids. In the process of discouraging this the players have come to the attention of the Shadovar, Evereska, various dwarven clans, and the Zhentarim.

Fun times for everyone living east of Silverymoon and west of Anauroch.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  15:25:06  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had campaigns, over the years, set all over Fearun. Mostly though, I like the dale lands, the north, and regions along the sword coast. I have had others in Chult, the shaar regions, the moonsea regions, thay, aglarond, and evermeet.
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  17:09:39  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, my Evereska game has wandered off into Pelleon's Prarie to the south. There's a suprising number of cannon landmarks in that area: a dwarven monastary, Yarthrain the haunted village, and of course the Hill of Lost Souls.
Go to Top of Page

Just
Acolyte

Portugal
32 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  21:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Just's Homepage Send Just a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My campaign is set in 1372 DR after the seven scourges war. It will mostly be in Cormyr, but I'm thinking of taking my characters as far as The raurin Desert to meet the Imaskarians and on the western side to Candlekeep. It will also involve in part the Anauroch desert and the deserts mouth mountains.

Brainstorming Paladin under the shadow of a rock shaped Abyss General
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  22:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one game that I run based out of Fellaren-Krae. High magic, politics, merchants..wee!

One PBEM I Run that is based out of Teziir, and is a pirate focused campaign..very sinbad like. Loads of fun!

And a game I play that is based in Waterdeep and the planes. We are working towards Epic play by August.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  22:40:11  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm playing in one right now that has us in the Spiderhaunt forest, but according to a map that.. uh.... fell off the back of a wagon (according to our thief), we're going to be heading to Calimport to talk to Pook.

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

Vainelus
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  22:54:46  Show Profile  Visit Vainelus's Homepage Send Vainelus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently I am Dming a campaign based in Waterdeep that I intend on moving to Tethyr. The campaign will focus on the interactions between Tethyr and Amn. As well as several agents of Shar that I am going to have meddling in the PCs affairs.

I recently finished a campaign based in the Silver Marshes primarily around Everlund and Silverymoon.

The Dalelands was my favorite location for second edition campaigns, however in third edition things have gotten so crazy down their with the drow invasion and the Feyri that I have decided to sit back and wait until things calms down to set another campaign there. Also Cormyr's recent instability further makes me wary of using that section of the Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  23:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lacking a live group, I can only participate in games via PBEM.

I'm DMing a game set in Berdusk (4th level).

Haven't played in an FR game in a while. Haven't found any around.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  11:28:23  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The group i am currently DM´ing is currently in Waterdeep. but are roaming most of the Sword Coast from Icewind Dale to Calimport. Besides that they are planning an expedition to the Jungles of Chult (testing my regional knowledge). Nut it is a much travelled group, running from and into new and old enemies...

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  15:05:47  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have two.

First one is paused but at its end game point. Based in the Korinn Archipelgio (above the Moonshaes) during the reemergence of Bane timeframe.

The other is for local library teens. It is based around the Thunder Peaks (Cormyr, Dalelands, Sembia). Basing it off a conversion of 'Keep on the Borderlands' that handles changing players from game session to game session well. Timeframe is currently the end of the year before the next year where King Azoun starts his crusade against the Horde.

EvilKnight

Edited by - EvilKnight on 16 Mar 2006 15:07:11
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  15:26:21  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's see, of the three games that we have going now... we are stumbling through the Mere of Dead Men and the surrounding area in one game. The game I am running is currently in Vaasa, but they will soon be traveling to Anauroch. The third game is set in Calimsham.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  15:27:32  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the one i'm playing as a PC at a moment is on some weird random crafted plane after a teleportation from Arabel to Neverwinter failed, whereas some lizardlike 'things' believe that we are gods. Only reason we know that we are on a crafted plane is because of that my Sun Elf wizard is a wandering libeary (and a couple of 20ths in row while rolling knowlegde checks for arcane, geography, planes and religion)
generaly we are a elven party :)

we have
Sun Elf Wizard (3) / Cleric of Laberas Enoroth (1)
Wood Elf Fighter (3) / Ranger (1)
Wood Elf Scout (3) / Rouge (1)
Wood Elf Sorcerer (4)
Half-Elf Druid (4)

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  15:56:24  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My current campaign is centered in Cormyr. It started out in Ilipur of all places and then relocated to Westgate for a good long while, but the players had to get out of town pretty fast after a "misunderstanding".

Following a storm, they were stranded awhile on an "uninhabited" island in the Pirate Isles. This gave me a great deal of fun for several weeks as I incorporated a lot of Stormwrack, Sinbad, Lost World, and Ray Harryhausen-style adventuring into the campaign.

But eventually they made it off the island and are now in Suzail where they have formed a licensed adventurers band and are trying to discover the secret behind a new thieves guild that has started making trouble for them.
Go to Top of Page

Iliphar1
Learned Scribe

Austria
133 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  23:50:30  Show Profile  Visit Iliphar1's Homepage Send Iliphar1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My forgotten realms campaign is rather widespread, most adventures are set in the Moonsea area + Dalelands (especially Teshendale and Daggerdale), but extensivly travelling to Cormyr and Sembia, and some adventures in Waterdeep and Amm/Thetyr. Once in a while they get to Vaasa and Damara as well.

My timetable is (still) shortly before the fall of Zhentil Keep, but I plan to "move in time" fast forward, so Cormyr will fall soon afterwards.

'You see dead bones? ... I see an army!' Ezechiel 37
Go to Top of Page

GungHo
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  19:49:40  Show Profile  Visit GungHo's Homepage Send GungHo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lastest campaign started in the Moonsea (Hillsfar) and have traveled west-southwest from there. Currently we're wreaking havoc in Calimport. It's an "all-shorties" campaign (two dwarves, two halflings, and a gnome). My halfling is basically Belkar... though I didn't know there was a Belkar at the time.
Go to Top of Page

denizen
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  18:40:19  Show Profile  Visit denizen's Homepage Send denizen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ran a Campaign in Battledale, starting in Essembra. I am not a purest when it comes to the region. I flavored it with existing history for hooks but altered current day Battledale to meet my interests in the year of 1372. The party foiled plots of the Zhents (Banites, because Bane is back), hidden cell of Cyricists and the Dragon Cult, found a surviving heir of the Aencar family, heard rumors of Drow activity and sighted a floating Shade City (one that escaped to the Shadow Realm before the rest fell and an intro for next Campaign). All-in-all, the players and I had a great time (or so they said :) over the year and a half period.

They were in the process of starting another Campaign when we stopped due to schedule conflicts. This brought them into the underdark seeking information about a lost Dwarven home (Two players were dwarven and I always wanted to run something in the Underdark). They found a rare dwarven stone with runes. After deciphering the ancient dialect and doing research, they figured out it was a geomancer's map.
Go to Top of Page

Dansan
Acolyte

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  18:58:22  Show Profile  Visit Dansan's Homepage Send Dansan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I run two Forgotten Realms campaigns. The main campaign with 6 moderate level players is set in the areas around Cormyr, such as the Stonelands and the Dalelands. The second campaign is a 2 player psionic campaign which plays inside of Cormyr, contrasting with the other party. Cormyr is simply the country I know most about, and a lot of energy went into it for me to create new NPCs and make the land familiar to the players. And I really like old Vangey!
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  19:12:22  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have three dormant Forgotten Realms campaigns.

My first FR campaign started in september 2000 in my homebrewed setting, later switching back and forth between the two world. I'm running a save-two-worlds plot, with characters approaching 26th level. The FR parts was set in Amn, Waterdeep and Battledale, mostly. We have only play this campaign every christmas the last couple of years.
We have a cliffhanger involving a demon spider sorcerer, a demi-lich and a trio of nightwalkers for next christmas. They will hopefully remember that one.

My second FR campaign was a co-DM deal set in Cormyr. Purple Dragon Knights, War Wizards, slutty princesses, the whole package. The main villains are the Cult of the Dragons and Shade, with splashes of Orcus cultists and Zhentarim agents. The characters are approaching 18th level.
I really want to give this game some kind of closure, and its likely to be picked up when I get a better sense of the Year of Rogue Dragons events in Cormyr. Dragons of Faerun and Mysteries of the Moonsea should be very helpful for this one

My third FR campaign was set in Waterdeep, with a much less heroic cast of characters than the first two. We've had lots of fun with a cleric of Mask, a drow elf thief, a sun elf wizard and a trio of blackguard-wannabes. We stoped playing when the cast of low-level characters was about to leave Waterdeep, heading for an old pirate hidout near Mintarn. I have tons of material for this one, but somehow it was shelved for now.

I face some hard choices when its time to start a new one. I have lots of material for the Silver Marches. The Red Hand of Doom is a nice chance to visit the Shining South. Thay would be really really cool. Also, Amn remain my favorite FR spot, and with Lands of Intrigue and Power of Faerun it seems like its time to return with more fun set there.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2006 :  09:43:06  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My campaign, which has been running on and off since 2001, playes largely in the North area around Icewind Dale, Silverymoon, with some forays into the Dalelands. Of late I've been trying to encourage my players to show more initiative as to where the entire thing leads. I have no particular campaign goal in mind, I never do, I like to see how things develop as I have seen and experienced as both player and GM that things usually never turn out the way you intend them to.
Also, in my Realms campaign (with a major switch from 2nd edition to 3.5) I have integrated several 'ancient' UK modules into the Realms which worked quite nicely.

The group consists of (2nd edition stats) {3.5 edition stats}
Mulhorandi Scrivener (Priest7/Mage7) {cleric of Thoth lvl 1/Wizard 8/Warwizard 1)
Drow specialty priest of Elistraee (Ftr 6/Pr 7) {Ftr 2/Cleric Elistraee 7/Sword Dancer1}
Dwarf fight (lvl 7) {Ftr 6/Barb 1/Battlerager 1)
Swirfneblin (Ftr 6/Thief 7) {Rog 6}
Elf Ranger (6) {Ftr 7/Peerless archer 1}
Human ranger (6) {Rng 8}

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  15:29:10  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our group has two campains currently running.
One, a campain that started when 3rd edition hit the shelves, is based in Cormyr, and the surrounding area. Here we are 2 warriors and a mage who have served the Cormyrian army first as freelancer mercenarys (in this period we thwarted an assasination on a self made member of the Wyvernspur family, and served in a series of skirmishes with a stone giant tribe in the stonelands, who were enspelled by a mad gnome illusionist.) then later on we got the chance to be trialist members of the purple dragons.

After a while we became full fledged members of the purple knights, and the war wizards. Got the oppurtunity (after serving for years, doing a lot of heroic deeds for Cormyr) to buy ourselves a scrap of land in western cormyr, and build ourselves a tiny keep :)

The other campaign we have, is based.. well sort of all over really. It started in the High Forest, and a certain Demonic Stone we found (in which the spirit of a long deceased archdevil had been captured, and in turn talked to us, leading us to long lost dungeons and treasures) led us first through Anarouch, into shadowdale, cormyr, sembia and finally to tehyr, where we have now our base of operation.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  16:10:09  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The game I'm DMing is based in the Western Heartlands, though the PCs have recently travelled through the Cloud Peaks to the south into northern Amn.
I'm also playing in Kaladorm's PBEM game, which is based in the Dales, and we're currently in Ashabenford.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2006 :  05:58:14  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one I'm going to run starting tomorrow is set in Waterdeep, but open to travel. It's a mix of people who've played in the Realms before, and a couple who haven't yet. Should be interesting.

The one I'm playing in is set in the Bloodstone Lands, specifically in the Bloodstone Village. More than likely we'll end up moving around a bit.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2006 :  21:18:05  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My campaign is based loosely in Cormyr, with a player establishing a barony in the Stonelands.

However, since it’s an Epic Game there is significant action taking place simultaneously in Waterdeep also, as the players can zip back and forth via Teleports.

I can’t wait for the opportunity to ‘catch’ one of the players in a teleport once one of their enemies figures out how to re-awaken Nalavara’s ‘Teleport Net’ (which nearly snared Azoun himself).

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2006 :  00:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My brand spanking new campaing is based in Daggerdale, as yet the PCs have gone no further than the edge of Cormanthor.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000