Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Your favorite Forgotten Realms Novel 2005 Poll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  18:02:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Seeing as Elfshadow was originally released in 1991, it's not really eligible for a poll about novels released 14 years later

Yup, it just missed the cut-off!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  18:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Seeing as Elfshadow was originally released in 1991, it's not really eligible for a poll about novels released 14 years later

ROFL.. perhaps it finally got to stores in Antarctica, that would count, wouldn't it?

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."
Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2007 :  09:57:22  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only read Maiden of Pain, Whisper of Waves and Ghostwalker but my hands down favorite is Ghostwalker. Very cinematic and dark and moody. Enough twists and turns to keep you guessing. A cool as hell main character. Oh, and the story is great too! Read it!!! You will thank me.
Go to Top of Page

Bocklin
Learned Scribe

Germany
151 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2007 :  09:03:25  Show Profile Send Bocklin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Midnight

Paul Kemp is just the best FR author out there. Yep, I know that it is subjective, but still... ;-)

My rest of the podium:

2. Queen of the Depths
3. Farthest Reach
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2007 :  09:20:06  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The City of Splendours. I must admit though, that there are several books here I have not read.
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2007 :  11:24:16  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We're two months into the year 2006, so I figured it has been long enough to ask this question: Which was your favourite FR-novel originally published last year.

'Queen of the Depths' by Richard Lee Byers got my vote but 'Maiden of Pain' by Kameron Franklin came a close second.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2007 :  16:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of all the material on the list, the one thing that made me very happy to read was: The City of Splendours

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 25 Jan 2007 16:01:17
Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  09:41:06  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I voted I had only read three of the choices given. Since that time I have read Master of Chains, Farthest Reach and am in the middle of Promise of the Witch King. My vote still stands, as Ghostwalker completely blew me away but I have to say that this has turned out to be a very, very good year for the Realms. I enjoyed Master of Chains and absolutely loved Farthest Reach and like what I have read in Promise of the Witch King so far. If I had read all of these novels before voting I don't know how I would have made a decision. I still have so many to go too!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000