Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What made u pick your avatar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  01:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

-- That aside, I'm thinking about changing mine.

Oh, no -- the Sage is rubbing off on her!

:smirk:

Well, I don't want to do it just yet. I'll wait until I've become a lot more active here once again.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Volo
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  11:40:08  Show Profile  Visit Volo's Homepage Send Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, obviously I would have liked a picture of the (not-so-)esteemed Volothamp Geddarm, but since none of those existed, I went with another picture of a slightly befuddled mage with the apperence of not knowing exactly what he's doing.

Volo's misunderstood. He's not an idiot. He's a FLAMING idiot!
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  13:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Well, you'd better brace yourselves... because I'm getting tired of my current avatar... .
You could, :smirk:, always go with Phil Benston.

He'd need a towel in the image though . . . otherwise the whole "you have to speak up I'm wearing a towel" thing just won't work.

And it'd work perfectly when Mr Hala Ster and Mr Khel Ben coming call.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  16:54:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well, you'd better brace yourselves... because I'm getting tired of my current avatar... .

He'd need a towel in the image though . . . otherwise the whole "you have to speak up I'm wearing a towel" thing just won't work.
Okay, that only happened once!

And bear in mind the towel was the only thing I was wearing, so I'd be willing to say anything to a fellow Realmsian at that point .

quote:
Don't bring that up... otherwise I'll tell Wooly about your "theory" regarding Bane's absence from the Realms and what he was really doing after he "died" in the ToT .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Feb 2006 16:55:53
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  17:17:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

And bear in mind the towel was the only thing I was wearing, so I'd be willing to say anything to a fellow Realmsian at that point .

quote:
Don't bring that up... otherwise I'll tell Wooly about your "theory" regarding Bane's absence from the Realms and what he was really doing after he "died" in the ToT .

Okay, y'all now have my attention! Share these wonderful tales with us!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  17:35:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which one? The Bane theory or the Towel/Phil Benston/Mr Hala Ster/Mr Khel Ben one?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  17:59:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Which one? The Bane theory or the Towel/Phil Benston/Mr Hala Ster/Mr Khel Ben one?

Yes.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  00:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, considering there are only like three people in the whole of the planet Earth who even know who Phil Benston is and how he related to your Realms . . . having his avatar might not be the best way to go on second thought.

But if you are going to do that, find me an image so I can be Moonflower . . . okay?

quote:

quote:

Okay, tell him. He's familiar enough with both CBT and the Realms to get the references and connections I made.

Go on . . . I dare you? Wooly would likely appreciate the inventive connections I made for all we know.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  04:59:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, considering there are only like three people in the whole of the planet Earth who even know who Phil Benston is and how he related to your Realms . . . having his avatar might not be the best way to go on second thought.
Four, if you count our old school chum!

quote:
But if you are going to do that, find me an image so I can be Moonflower . . . okay?
Moonflower was never in my Realms campaign, though she did briefly appear in my Waterdeep campaign of two years ago. She's in Sigil now isn't she?

quote:
Okay, tell him. He's familiar enough with both CBT and the Realms to get the references and connections I made.

Go on . . . I dare you? Wooly would likely appreciate the inventive connections I made for all we know.
I will. I don't have time right now, as I've got to get back to work. Maybe later.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  20:02:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I will. I don't have time right now, as I've got to get back to work. Maybe later.

So, is Bane Sun-Tzu Liao, or was he involved in the Word of Blake?

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  22:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked mine as the name I use is a character I play - a pixie who worships Puck, Pixie God of Mischeif.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  22:33:09  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I picked mine as the name I use is a character I play - a pixie who worships Puck, Pixie God of Mischeif.

I know I've seen that picture before...isn't that from the show Gargoyles?

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2006 :  01:27:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Close.

The Lady K sees the WoB as a front for Zhentarim operations in the Inner Sphere -- only with nukes . And its Master, the real Thomas Marik, is actually Bane in avatar form -- something he attempted after he was "destroyed" in the ToT.

See, I told you it was a crazy theory... or rather, I am now .

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2006 :  03:02:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Close.

The Lady K sees the WoB as a front for Zhentarim operations in the Inner Sphere -- only with nukes . And its Master, the real Thomas Marik, is actually Bane in avatar form -- something he attempted after he was "destroyed" in the ToT.

See, I told you it was a crazy theory... or rather, I am now .

Wow, that's an interesting one!

It seems like Word of Blake's Jihad would be more of a Cyric gig, though.

But maybe, while I ponder that one, we should get back to our regularly scheduled topic, already in progess.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Mar 2006 17:56:06
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2006 :  17:02:26  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hammer of Moradin for the hammer of Moradin! Easy enough explanation.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  16:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I know I've seen that picture before...isn't that from the show Gargoyles?

Why, yes! Yes it is! It is that knavish sprite, Puck - voiced coincidentally by Brent Spiner of Star Trek:TNG fame (who shares first names with myself!)

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  18:31:44  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*smiles* I LOVE that show. But yeah... so back on topic now.

How does one go about changing their avatar anyway? I know there is a thread around here somewhere... But I haven't been able to find it.

"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  19:33:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the thread...but it mainly just lists the parameters. You'll have to contact Big Al for the deed to be done.

Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  21:39:43  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks! I'll remember that for the future.

Abhorsen by Garth Nix

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  23:39:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Many thanks! I'll remember that for the future.

Well met

Oh ye look just fine as thou art, Sadonayerah Still, if ye insist on changing thy appearance, i'll be more than happy to assist.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

katherinna
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  01:13:41  Show Profile  Visit katherinna's Homepage Send katherinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i cant find one to look like a servent girl

katherinne in rp 18 real 30
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  01:20:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What exactly are you looking for? I know you said servant girl... but anything definitive?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  08:38:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by katherinna

i cant find one to look like a servent girl

Well met

I think ye look just right as ye are, katherinna 'tis the perfect image of a servant girl, in my eyes.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  11:13:57  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose mine because it was a) The cover art of the first ever Realms product which I bought (Eye of the Beholder 2, wayyyy back in my youth, when floppy disks really were floppy!), and b) Because it's how I look first thing in the morning before I make the great journey from bed to bathroom :p

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

jmf
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  19:09:23  Show Profile  Visit jmf's Homepage Send jmf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i chose mine because he looks very evil looking.

new too forgotten realms help me
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  17:23:26  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i chose mine because i couldn't find one that looked unique enough for me, and i loved the Muls from darksun. :D Especially since the mul is labled as human hehehe

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser

Edited by - VonRaventheDaring on 17 Aug 2006 17:28:13
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  17:28:42  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I choose mine because it´s the best dwarf image, IMHO.

That old novel covers are really beautiful.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine was chosen to represent my fictional character by the name of Alisttair who is an arcanist from Netheril....a good wizard....saved one of the floating islands. (couldn't find one appropriate to what I picture in my head, but close enough :)

edit: hmm just noticed it's Fzoul from Tantras lol....actually now that I think of it, he looks NOTHING like Alisttair....I'll go see about changing the avatar

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Edited by - Alisttair on 17 Aug 2006 20:25:32
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:29:08  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought that was supposed to be Mourngrym during the trial; I seem to remember reading something like it.

I chose my avatar mostly for the simple reason that of those I like in the register it was the only one not in use by another regular poster.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

I thought that was supposed to be Mourngrym during the trial; I seem to remember reading something like it.

Oh hmmm...I never thought about that, I just looked at the mustache lol....I guess it makes more sense since Cyric is obviously in chains on the cover...

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000