Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Minotaur Cultures in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2018 :  06:10:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but while looking for something completely unrelated, I came across the year 1067 DR - Year of the Paladin Minotaur. I thought that was interesting. At least now I have a date for when my 'minotaur hero' saved the city of San Taur.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2018 :  10:48:10  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was that before or after someone walked up to him and said "Moo"?
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2019 :  19:04:29  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like many of the ideas from this, and will likely add it in my own world.

I really liked the addition of Hathor to this entire thing. She could have seen these long suffering Minotaurs and been inclined to aid them...not sure how the coming of the Mulhorandi pantheon would tie in though. Especially since in my own Realms there is no Mulhorandi pantheon (I only use Set as the god revered in Mulhorand, which in my world is more like Stygia of Hyboria).

For GENERAL use however, I think an elder Beast God (now gone) could have originally been the patron of the Minotaurs. Once they had their own Demi-God they were able to continue on their own.

That particular Demi-God might even still live on WITH the Minotaurs. Many Demi-Gods live on the Prime Material Plane...and so, without its followers even realizing it, the Demi-God might live among them...and also be the reason that their city is so well hidden. His direct intervention (by use of his magical power) could keep the city hidden from most.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2019 :  04:32:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not a direction I would have chosen, but ShadowJack had opted to involve gnomes in the minotaur community, and it was in part due to gnomish illusions that the city remained hidden. That's back on the 3rd page of the discussion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2019 :  19:24:03  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember reading that. Took me a while to catch back up on this whole scroll.

Maybe only those familiar with illusions and/or mazes can find their way through the forest to the city?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000