Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elaith Craulnober could be good
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  11:25:27  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith is a rythless criminal mastermind with a few redeeming qualities. This does not make him good. NE at the best. Though perhaps in the future he might restore his honor. Who knows?
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  13:54:42  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that Elaith can do some good things while not actually being a "good" alignment.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  18:44:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

I believe that Elaith can do some good things while not actually being a "good" alignment.

That is an essential and oft overlooked point. Even someone chaotic evil can like puppies and stop to help an old lady across the street, on occasion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  01:35:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

That is an essential and oft overlooked point. Even someone chaotic evil can like puppies and stop to help an old lady across the street, on occasion.

Agreed. I tend to think the whole conception for Chaotic Evil seems to emphasise the EVIL more than the CHAOTIC element of the alignment. The CHAOTIC can also constitute behaviour that isn't otherwise wholly EVIL.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  18:17:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why is it when I read this thread-title, I then add "... with a little salt, pepper, perhaps a dash of onion powder..."

I must be hanging out with Dopplegangers too much.

Anyhow, here in NY a few years back, a man was arrested for robbery (I can't recall the specifics). The only reason why the case made the news was because the man was in the news a year earlier for saving an elderly man from a dog attack.

Its all about circumstances. There is no 'black & white', or 'Good & evil'. In the right set of circumstances, everyone has the capability of both.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Jan 2012 18:18:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000